Are Different School Standards Racist?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/us/harvard-asian-admission.amp.html

The SC is about to hear a case about whether differing standards for race and the quotas for certain racial groups being racist in nature.

Now, about the standards for different races. I believe that if they want varying standards then it should be based on school attended.

If a school is a high performing school and a student does not perform well then it is an indication that the student is the problem; not the school or education system.

Inversely, if a student performs well at a low performing school then it indicates that student is most likely a high achiever and hard worker that will perform at the next level.

So, is it racist to lower or raise the standards for admissions of a race?

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Talk about a hot potato! So basically Asian-Americans allege they are discriminated against for being such a high achieving group regarding admissions at Harvard... I am interested to see how this ruling goes.

RemorsefulImpeccableAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
But, the SC has already said that a university can essentially discriminate for the reasons of “diversity” though the case was a white chick suing stating that she was denied to allow lower qualified minorities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/pol...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b8de2f6def49

While I believe it should be the most qualified regardless of race I believe the Asians will lose just as the white chick did and that diversity will be the reasoning.

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member
If there is anything I've learned in all my years in public education it's that fair doesn't always mean equal.

PS: If they accepted all the Asian peeps who qualified then most of the school would be Asian which would then equate to discrimination.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The problem with equality is that it is equal, and people don't find that fair.

Problem is people think they want equality but they really want equity. The reality is that, these systems put into place will, instead of increasing opportunity to let people level up to others, forces those higher down to the bottom.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If you have an IQ of 80, you _can_ learn to read, write, and do arithmetic up to simple algebra. NOT expecting that of everyone? Allowing double standards, or even multiple standards based on race or sex? That is evil. Look hard enough and you will find the proponents of such things have an agenda they are serving, they don't give a damn about the kids they are rubber-stamp _failing_! They've gone past setting folks up for failure by rubber-stamp passing, they're now instituting rubber-stamp failure.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If there is anything I've learned in all my years in public education it's that fair doesn't always mean equal.

PS: If they accepted all the Asian peeps who qualified then most of the school would be Asian which would then equate to discrimination.
Jerry Pournelle had a quote along the lines of: "Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free. Freedom is not fair." I've probably messed it up, but the meaning is the same: make everyone equal by law, and no one is free. Make everyone free, and some will rise to the top, and some will stick firmly to the bottom. The successful get the majority of the rewards, and the less successful, and the workaday types, will get jobs. Freedom, equality of outcome, fairness of outcome: You cannot have all three at once. And which ever one you do have, the others are invalidated.

VegasMichael

Established Member
^But you are neglecting to mention the kids who have legitimate and documented and proven disabilities who need extra help and time and allowances that allow them to make progress that the other kids don't have. That is what I meant by fair does not always mean equal.

Users who are viewing this thread