Apple River Incident

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I've taken numerous self-defense legal seminars with law enforcement and defense attorneys present, hand to hand combat/weapons disarming courses and I train vicariously with handgun in a multitude of situations.

I'm speaking from a legal standpoint here.

Let me ask you this, if you were surrounded by a mob of people being aggressive towards you, verbally berating and abusing you. Defaming and humiliating you.… Commanding you do things which you were not legally required to do… They then upped the ante by lashing out a physical attack against you while you are in an extremely vulnerable position….

what would you do?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Let me ask you this, if you were surrounded by a mob of people being aggressive towards you, verbally berating and abusing you. Defaming and humiliating you.… Commanding you do things which you were not legally required to do… They then upped the ante by lashing out a physical attack against you while you are in an extremely vulnerable position….

what would you do?
me personally id pull a knife out and do my best OJ impression, thatll learn em.

Walking away and calling the cops is for girly men. In soviet romania, we gut you like fish!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Me personally, I would have never went to their side and invaded the area where they were, unless it was an extremely precious thing that I lost (which was not the case). With that said, it was not against the law for him to do so, just “weird”.

I would have communicated my intentions, as soon as I got to their area, so as to avoid giving out a bad vive.

If after all of that, I was still accosted, I would have exited the area asap. If after doing that, I was then physically attacked (by the mob), I would have then returned the attack with superior force.

I would then have called the cops myself. Briefly explained that it was in self defense and asserted my right to remain silent after that, until I spoke to an attorney.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont know if you all are aware, but Miu was struck 3 times in the face/head, knocked down into the water and pushed down into the water by different people, before he started stabbing those people….

rborden

Established Member

what would you do?
In this case? The 3-4 people, I'd have just left when they made the comment they wanted me to leave and removed myself from the situation altogether. Sometimes its just not even worth it. If you have an opportunity to walk away and swallow your pride, it's better to do so. They can call me whatever, they defame or humiliate me.

The current political landscape is complete dog shit. Whether you walk free or go to prison in a situation like this, largely is decided by whether a county population is liberal or conservative nowadays. It should not be this way, but that is our reality now.

I try to avoid large crowds where possible and avoid people in public who are or are possibly intoxicated. I avoid shitty areas of town when possible and avoid known trouble hotspots.

At the end of the day I'd rather go home, sleep in my own bed and visualize in my head what I would have done and what I wanted to do as opposed to sitting in a cold, steel and concrete cage thinking about what I should have done differently and knowing I'm here for the rest of my life. **** that. No thanks.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In this case? The 3-4 people, I'd have just left when they made the comment they wanted me to leave and removed myself from the situation altogether. Sometimes its just not even worth it. If you have an opportunity to walk away and swallow your pride, it's better to do so. They can call me whatever, they defame or humiliate me.

The current political landscape is complete dog shit. Whether you walk free or go to prison in a situation like this, largely is decided by whether a county population is liberal or conservative nowadays. It should not be this way, but that is our reality now.

I try to avoid large crowds where possible and avoid people in public who are or are possibly intoxicated. I avoid shitty areas of town when possible and avoid known trouble hotspots.

At the end of the day I'd rather go home, sleep in my own bed and visualize in my head what I would have done and what I wanted to do as opposed to sitting in a cold, steel and concrete cage thinking about what I should have done differently and knowing I'm here for the rest of my life. **** that. No thanks.

I 100% agree with you, as I am of the same mindset. But for the sake of the argument, he was allowed to legally “stand his ground”. Did did not legally have to leave the area, even when commanded to do so…

So, in a situation where leaving the area is out of the question…. How would you handle a mob that assaults you?

03SonicStang

Established Member
AMEN to the above! Feel the same way especially when booze is involved, shit goes sideways quick in those situations.

Not worth it, maybe I'm just getting too old!

rborden

Established Member
I 100% agree with you, as I am of the same mindset. But for the sake of the argument, he was allowed to legally “stand his ground”. Did did not legally have to leave the area, even when commanded to do so…

So, in a situation where leaving the area is out of the question…. How would you handle a mob that assaults you?

If its just punches, pushing me in the water? I'm maneuvering towards the bank.

If it gets to the point they don't let me up, trying to hold my head under water then I'm pulling the knife and slashing some achilles and its game on.

But thats not what happened in this situation. He had ample opportunities to remove himself from the situation and he didn't and from the vid I saw in the OP, he never made any attempt to just walk away.

At no point did I ever see anything reach the threshold that constitutes imminent fear of serious bodily injury or death which is the legal threshold for self-defense.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If its just punches, pushing me in the water? I'm maneuvering towards the bank.

You have a lot more “faith” than me and are a lot more trusting with your wellbeing with strangers attacking you.

Just because they did not have any apparent weapons, does not mean the mob cannot seriously hurt you.

All it takes is one punch or a bad fall.

I guess we would have different approaches once the attack begins.

agree to disagree on that.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
FAFO for those teens. Idiots.

However

Fat man should have had more restraint (act like a fookin adult). He also gets what he deserves.

Fugg em all.

The whole thing is fd. The best way to avoid a bad outcome is to avoid a bad outcome. Confrontation is the last and final option.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The whole thing is fd. The best way to avoid a bad outcome is to avoid a bad outcome. Confrontation is the last and final option.
SVTP members are ninjas though...their hands need to be registered with law enforcement as they are deadly weapons!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Serious question…

In California, when it comes to deescalation….

Is it required by law, for men, to keep or remove the butt plug, as they are walking away?

I dont suspect you all wanna get friction burns in them cheeks as you furiously walk away….

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Serious question…

Is it required by law, for men, to keep or remove the butt plug, as they are walking away?

I dont suspect you all wanna get friction burns in them cheeks as you furiously walk away….

lakers.gif

Serious question

Does it ever get old having grown man dlck at eye-level 24/7 in your day to day?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Serious question…

If the plug is pushed in far enough, I would imagine there’s nothing to chafe the cheeks on.

Probably harder to get out though.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
At the end of day, the force returned was not reasonable or comparable to the force used on him. The totality of the circumstances did not justify pulling a knife in my opinion, let alone disemboweling one of them.

He still had a duty to remove himself from the situation instead of escalating it. It's not like they prevented him from leaving.

You can't dictate the level of force needed for this situation unless you yourself have been there. Guy was older, had heart problems, was outnumbered, and on top of that they were trying to push him under the water. Deadly force was authorized.

In self-defense situations like these I have a really hard time with people from the outside who have probably never been in that type of situation get to dissect every little piece of information to find you guilty of acting on your fight or flight instincts. It's never acknowledged how much the state of mind changes in deadly confrontations. Once your fight or flight response is triggered everything else goes out the window. The lesson should have been to the teens to not push someone to their limits because now their friend is dead and got gutted like a fish for being an idiot.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If the plug is pushed in far enough, I would imagine there’s nothing to chafe the cheeks on.

Probably harder to get out though.

thats some extra freak shit! LOL…. Im thinking they gotta leave something sticking out so they can grab and pull out, once their debauchery session is done.

@gimmie11s yo! What do you all do???

Users who are viewing this thread