Apple River Incident

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Youre thinking about it like a victim, man.

You deserve better than that.
Its not a victim mindset, it's just a matter of fact.

Yes, plenty of LE are GARBAGE. The person is garbage. But LE as a whole is not. LE is a must in a civilized society.

How's that "civilized" working out?

MILLIONS of illegals running across the boarder.
$billions of fentanyl
+150k OD Deaths
Riots across America causing $billions in damages, 39 murders, whole sections of cities being overtake by vandals.
Endless widespread smash and grabs, car jackings, take overs.
Homeless ****ing everywhere stealing everything, shitting everywhere
Countless times they've sat their and listened to kids getting blasted while checking their Punisher Skull covered phones.

And what's LE done about it?

Arrested some yuppies for defending their home from rioters.

Arrested a kid who tried to save a gas station and was attacked by a mob of pedophiles who admitted on stand they wanted to kill him.

Shot an election protestor for sticking her head into a window and then spent a year investigating her to hopefully claim she was a terrorist.
Dont let the fact that once upon a time, some asshole in a LE uniform hurt your feelings, bias you like that.

Personally my interactions have been neutral.

Mustang was broken into in 2006, LEO took a report. Oh geee.

Two traffic stops for spreading. Neutral experience, paid the extortion "deferal fee" to avoid getting a ticket/points.

You could not realistically have LE if you forced them to operate exactly like a regular civilian would. That's why when they are in uniform or working in a professional capacity, the have a different set of standards, but when they take it off, they go back to the regular set for you and I.

The conservative backlash against LEO is the realization that LEO will not make our communities safer or protect us and our property.

Rather, they are there to protect the government and the Governments agendas and punish any law abiding citizen who cares to defy it.

They won't stop a car jacking or a robbery, but they will lock you up for trying to stop it yourself. They'll arrest you for protesting your daughter getting raped at school, but won't arrest the dipshit that allowed it to happen and covered it up....

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

$billions of fentanyl
+150k OD Deaths
Riots across America causing $billions in damages, 39 murders, whole sections of cities being overtake by vandals.
Countless times they've sat their and listened to kids getting blasted while checking their Punisher Skull covered phones.

Arrested a kid who tried to save a gas station and was attacked by a mob of pedophiles who admitted on stand they wanted to kill him.

Shot an election protestor for sticking her head into a window and then spent a year investigating her to hopefully claim she was a terrorist.

Two traffic stops for spreading. Neutral experience, paid the extortion "deferal fee" to avoid getting a ticket/points.

The conservative backlash against LEO is the realization that LEO will not make our communities safer or protect us and our property.

Rather, they are there to protect the government and the Governments agendas and punish any law abiding citizen who cares to defy it.

They won't stop a car jacking or a robbery, but they will lock you up for trying to stop it yourself. They'll arrest you for protesting your daughter getting raped at school, but won't arrest the dipshit that allowed it to happen and covered it up....

chappelle-god-damn.gif

rborden

Established Member
If you are in fear / danger of severe bodily harm or death, you may use any means to halt the threat. Knives, guns, a prosthetic leg, it doesn't matter. It just has to be a threat that is likely to cause severe bodily injury / death.

Getting jumped by a mob, can and has caused severe injury to people (to include death).
Ran it by one of my instructors who is former military/LE and he agrees with the conviction.

The fact he had the knife in his pocket to begin with really hurt him. Then the lies, hiding the knife, and trying to hide from cops.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ran it by one of my instructors who is former military/LE and he agrees with the conviction.

The fact he had the knife in his pocket to begin with really hurt him. Then the lies, hiding the knife, and trying to hide from cops.

I agree with the last part being what did him in. The knife in the pocket "shouldn't" mean anything but in today's world its seen as a sign of looking for a fight. In a perfect world where self defense was protected the guy should walk free every time, but we are far from that world and any slip up or mistake turns the tables.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes, guy got convicted because he lied, ran from the scene, thus killing his credibility.

That and the fact that he was the one to advance on the last person stabbed.

Like I said before, IMO, he was morally justified. But legally ****ed.

FYI. Having had a knife in pocket has nothing to do with outcome. More hardworking males carry some sort of pocket knife on them, for various mundane tasks. Its an EDC item.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the last part being what did him in. The knife in the pocket "shouldn't" mean anything but in today's world its seen as a sign of looking for a fight. In a perfect world where self defense was protected the guy should walk free every time, but we are far from that world and any slip up or mistake turns the tables.

100%

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
More hardworking males carry some sort of pocket knife on them, for various mundane tasks. Its an EDC item.
Sure, that's a fact. But how much it weighs on the outcome is not nil just because everyone does it. That's for the defense and prosecution to argue, then up to the judge to allow the argument or not, and then up to the jury to decide.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure, that's a fact. But how much it weighs on the outcome is not nil just because everyone does it. That's for the defense and prosecution to argue, then up to the judge to allow the argument or not, and then up to the jury to decide.

Like I said, randomly having a pocket knife in your pocket bears no relevance in the outcome. Outcome is determined based on whether or not the act was self defense…

In this case, irrelevant of having had a pocket knife on his person, it was found that he acted not in defense, but instead looking for retribution…

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I feel like just about any competent defense lawyer could destroy the knife argument. If you're out on the river you're absolutely going to want a knife on you for all kinds of reasons, but how often do you run into tangled fishing lines?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I feel like just about any competent defense lawyer could destroy the knife argument. If you're out on the river you're absolutely going to want a knife on you for all kinds of reasons, but how often do you run into tangled fishing lines?
Yeah wasn’t it a 2-3 inch folder… basic edc utility type… not like he pulled out a f’ng KA-BAR…

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Its not matter a fact, when you don’t understand how LE operates.

Pretty ****ing well until the past few years. I can tell you from personal experience, that you are spoiled. You dont even know it. I dont mean that in a derogatory way. Its just a fact. A strong LE presence is essential for a civilized society. Ask any immigrant that comes from a country like Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia… ask them how chaotic their country is with the lame ass LE that they have. Where they dont enforce shit and most of them can be bought…

$billions of fentanyl
+150k OD Deaths

How can you not understand that LE is a tool. Its an extension of your government. Which currently is corrupted AF. They are subject to orders, just like the military would be. They cant just revolt.

Everything you mentioned is a direct result of this incompetent and negligent administration.

Again, you are cherry picking scenarios. You need to be upset with your GOVERNMENT, not LE. Your local representatives dictate LE’s actions and what they focus on. Even with all the garbage that they have been forced to enforce. You ignore the thousands of encounters where LE helps its citizens.

Wrong. You need to focus that anger and energy towards your government. Not LE.

Right now, you are like the guy that gets mad at the gun and not the criminal. LE is an extension of the government and right now that government is ****ED.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sooo....

Just following orders it is then...

just like the military, meng…but we still support them and appreciate their service, even they (MIL) have also done some ratchet shit. As a matter a fact, most of us do it on our day to day in some sort of way… not everyone has the luxury of being a revolutionary.

rborden

Established Member
FYI. Having had a knife in pocket has nothing to do with outcome. More hardworking males carry some sort of pocket knife on them, for various mundane tasks. Its an EDC item.
But how many carry one in their swimming trunks while being in the river?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
But how many carry one in their swimming trunks while being in the river?

Last time I floated the river I definitely had my knife on me. Not only for utility but because I couldn't conceal my pistol lol. Rivers have sketchy people sometimes and you never know what's going to happen. Seems completely logical to me.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last time I floated the river I definitely had my knife on me. Not only for utility but because I couldn't conceal my pistol lol. Rivers have sketchy people sometimes and you never know what's going to happen. Seems completely logical to me.
Same here. I have a fanny pack I carry when we go down the river. Damn skippy my Benchmade folder is in there.

Users who are viewing this thread