Anything to worry about LS3 vette vs pullied cobra?

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Your right, but with as many bills as I have and with the baby coming we all dont have 40K to drop on a vette. Instead I spent 18 on the car, about 1K on mods and run right next to or in front of the vette for half the price. Sounds like a better deal to me:shrug:

You run door to door with a Vette to about 120-130mph but by the time the Vette hits 190mph, your Cobra is about 20 cars behind it. If you have a baby on the way, why are you street racing??:bash:

Also there's more to the package than just straight line performance. Sure you spent 18k, but do you have Navigation, dual climate control, HUD, high performance brakes and rotors, suspension package, BOSE sound system, On-star, Push start, etc. Sure you spent 18k, but with a few mods such as CAI, LTs and tune can your car hit 200mph like the LS3 & LS2 C6 or 190mph like the LS1 C5.

Moreover, if you are bringing up price wars, why spend 18k on a Cobra when you can get a $3k-$4k Fox body, drop 10k in mods and run low 10s, high 9s and have spent $14k. Price Wars are for Juveniles, which are young broke guys looking for an invalid reason to stimulate their bruised ego.

Last edited:

MrMason

Established Member
Allllrighty well we are gonna go cruise tomorrow around 2. I'll let everyone knows what happens!

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Sounds like somebody has a bruised ego, but its not me. Im not tryin to start any kind of price war or keyboard boxing or anything like that. I shared my experience, pretty much was called a liar from one of your fellow vette drivers and thought I should respond appropriately. And dont you worry about me having a little fun with a buddy on a road that has absolutely nobody on it at the time we ran.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like somebody has a bruised ego, but its not me. Im not tryin to start any kind of price war or keyboard boxing or anything like that. I shared my experience, pretty much was called a liar from one of your fellow vette drivers and thought I should respond appropriately. And dont you worry about me having a little fun with a buddy on a road that has absolutely nobody on it at the time we ran.

Im not the one with the bruised ego, there aren't that many 750-850rwhp Cobras around that can come around me on the big end to bruise my ego and you for one definately can't come close.

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
My paper filter stock A6 LS3 Vette is very quick, but it'll lose to my '03 Cobra everytime. And don't go by the times in my sig...they're much better now!!! Good luck!!!

EDIT - That is if I don't miss a shift!!!

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Moreover, if you are bringing up price wars, why spend 18k on a Cobra when you can get a $3k-$4k Fox body, drop 10k in mods and run low 10s, high 9s and have spent $14k. Price Wars are for Juveniles, which are young broke guys looking for an invalid reason to stimulate their bruised ego.

agreed 100% ...
There seems to be a few clowns here who always bring up the price diff..
Who cares , run and be happy...:beer:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Your right, but with as many bills as I have and with the baby coming we all dont have 40K to drop on a vette. Instead I spent 18 on the car, about 1K on mods and run right next to or in front of the vette for half the price. Sounds like a better deal to me:shrug:

now your talk used even used you can have a c6 vette for 3k more not that big a of a diff. but everyone has there oppinion

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Dont get me wrong, I like vette's. I love the look of the one I raced. Its all black w/Z06 wheels I think. They are just not for me, right now anyway. People need to stop getting so worked up in there posts towards me. I dont attack anybody in my posts so I expect the same in return.

Users who are viewing this thread