Anything to worry about LS3 vette vs pullied cobra?

MrMason

Established Member
Well my good friend gets back from the basic school this weekend and wanted to go out on a cruise and get a few fun runs in. He's got an 08 Burnt Orange vette 6-speed with a cat-back, pretty sure he's on the stock tires.. I've got an 04 Cobra with K&N intake, SLP cat-back, and a 2.8" pulley, and 315 555r's. I've been in his car before and it is definitely pretty quick for just an exhaust, but I'm not sure how they compare. Any insight?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Some of the newer LS3 Vettes (autos and manuals) have seen 11s bone stock at 118~119mph. Not sure on how well a pullied Termi can run but I would think it's ether going to be a really good race or you will just fall short... hopefully someone here with pullied termi knowledge can chime in.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It can go either way, some pullied Cobras are good for 121mph+ traps, others aren't. If you're heatsoaked, have a stock slipping clutch or anything other than a well running pullied Cobra you will lose.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I ran some guy at work with a 6 speed. First time was pretty even until we let off and second time, weeks later, i pulled about a car maybe not even that much. Both races were from a dig to around 100ish. This guy is all stock though, running nitto invo's I think.

getblowd

FTMFW
Established Member
your pretty much gonna lose.. but the fact that he hasn drivin it in a while will def be in your favor. so that helps your chances. but there just so easy to drive its stupid...

venomws6

Established Member
Get it on video I think the LS3 will win but not by much his cars with exhaust will be close to 400rwhp and its 3200-3300lbs.

How much power do you have??

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Run from a roll to take the driver out of the equation. Judging from experience, the Corvette will win.

MrMason

Established Member
your pretty much gonna lose.. but the fact that he hasn drivin it in a while will def be in your favor. so that helps your chances. but there just so easy to drive its stupid...

Well damn, we'll see what happens.

Get it on video I think the LS3 will win but not by much his cars with exhaust will be close to 400rwhp and its 3200-3300lbs.

How much power do you have??

Definitely will try to get someone to record it, might just stick the camera man in the vette to even it out haha. I haven't had a chance to get to the dyno, just got the car a month ago. I guess 450-460rwhp. Maybe I'll do a little weight reduction beforehand.

Run from a roll to take the driver out of the equation. Judging from experience, the Corvette will win.

I'm sure we'll do both. From what I'm hearing from a dig will be the only way I have a chance since I'm on DR's.

In the words of Ivan Drago, "You vill lose."

In the words of Clubber Lang "My prediction?... Pain..."

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Do you have a midpipe? If you do you should win. A pullied cobra is a little faster than a stock ls3. They trap 116-119 stock and a pullied cobra should be able to beat a stock ls3. I say the cobra by a car.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
given how both those cars perform in my area, your going to lose...

You have a very bad representation of cobra's in your area lol. I saw the vid's you posted and those were some slow cobra's you ran into. I have had the same type of outcome as well. My 450hp pullied cobra ran dead even with h/c/i ls1 making 463 so i guess anything is possible right?

LS2GTO

Established Member
Don't ask AaronK, as his pullied cobra beats 500rwhp vettes all day long, and since this vette is prolly making well under 400 at the wheels with just exhaust this race would be a slaughter...

Users who are viewing this thread