Anything to worry about LS3 vette vs pullied cobra?

O3dsg

Established Member
Run from a roll to take the driver out of the equation. Judging from experience, the Corvette will win.

Let the machines take care of it LOL... Does your woman have stock in Energizer? :poke:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Let the machines take care of it LOL... Does your woman have stock in Energizer? :poke:

We're not racing drivers here. We want to know which car is faster.

If you put a retard in a cobra, and a really good driver in a civic, and the civic wins, then do we all agree the civic is faster?

S8ER01Z

Established Member

If you put a retard in a cobra, and a really good driver in a civic, and the civic wins, then do we all agree the civic is faster?

If you are the Civic owner. :lol:

F8l Vnm

Established Member

Yet some turds still dont get that logic....:uh oh:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

Sorry man, whoever owns said car drives it. If they can't drive then that's too bad. When did racing turn into the potential of the car and not what the driver can get out of the car? This wasn't started to find out which car is potentially faster, was it? Whoever ends up in front wins and it doesn't matter who "should" have won. What is the deal with all of the internet racers these days?

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
My money is on the cobra. Roll or dig given equal drivers. Vette 333, what the **** does 0 -60 mph got to do with anything!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Sorry man, whoever owns said car drives it. If they can't drive then that's too bad. When did racing turn into the potential of the car and not what the driver can get out of the car? This wasn't started to find out which car is potentially faster, was it? Whoever ends up in front wins and it doesn't matter who "should" have won. What is the deal with all of the internet racers these days?

Internet racing is when one car beats another car that shouldnt have and the driver is too much of a retard to understand that his car should have lost but the driver of the other car lost the race and not his car...
I can understand if the race is for money and shits on the line but this is for fun , so were more intersted in the cars rather than who can Bang Gears like Evan Smith...(Awesome for the guy who can) But more so than anything 50% of people dont know what they are doing...
With your logic Iam gonna soon post my kill story on how my light Bolton Z06 yanked a Yamaha R1 nasty....I mean I was gone...:lol::burnout:
Maybe someone will a brain will call me out and say the Guy on the YamahaR1 didnt know what he was doing?
Or maybe I can fool everyone...:fart:

I still do think that the Cobra would win ..Close though

99redls1

Established Member
What does the cobra put down? If it is a properly dirven cobra then it should be an easy win. I have a friend that has an 03 with just an xpipe, cut off mufflers, a k&n filter, and a 2.8 pulley and he put down 475hp and 494tq. That is with his maf running out up top and he could have put more in the tune. The tuner wanted to be a little conservative since he doesnt have the head cooling mod. I no for a fact that he will be stock vette pretty damn bad.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
internet racing is when one car beats another car that shouldnt have and the driver is too much of a retard to understand that his car should have lost but the driver of the other car lost the race and not his car...
I can understand if the race is for money and shits on the line but this is for fun , so were more intersted in the cars rather than who can bang gears like evan smith...(awesome for the guy who can) but more so than anything 50% of people dont know what they are doing...
With your logic iam gonna soon post my kill story on how my light bolton z06 yanked a yamaha r1 nasty....i mean i was gone...:lol::burnout:
Maybe someone will a brain will call me out and say the guy on the yamahar1 didnt know what he was doing?
Or maybe i can fool everyone...:fart:

I still do think that the cobra would win ..close though

qft

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

What's the point of racing then? Might as well just enter some #'s into your calculator and find out "who should have won" and not worry about what really happened. When I had my foxbody I would go out and beat up on a lot of cars and they "should" have won. Not my fault that I was a better driver than them. Maybe they should go practice and go from there. What does it prove when you guys decide who should win and not who went out and actually won? I know most can't drive worth a damn, but that's their fault. The logic you guys are attempting to use is somewhat flawed. You say that with a good driver car x should run a certain time and beat car y. Then you go on to say that most people can't drive that well. Like I said, there are a lot of races that should go a certain way and don't because of shitty drivers. I guess the only way to get a good feel for this would be to race two cars and then switch drivers and run again to see the outcome. Either way why argue on the internet about who should win? Just go race :beer:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Doubtful
:dancenana:

Typical vette driver is right, just trying to give the op a reference. I raced this guy twice, first time I didnt even launch cause the light turned green about a second after he asked me if i wanted to go so of course he got out in front and I still caught up to him. Second time I was ready and got em. And I spent alot less on my car than he did his...which makes it that much better:dancenana:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
lmao :lol:
You sound like you 2 ..
Wonder what you will think of the guy/car with the 9 sec Fox body that spent less than you and would beat you ?:poke:

Thats when I give credit were its due. You made a good point, but me and this guy talk every day. He rags on my car cause its not lowered and I tell him he payed too much money...its all in fun.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Seeing how most of the pullied cobras seem to run, this depends on how well you can drive. I went to the track last Thursday and went 121.58 hot off of the street on radials, but most pullied cobras at that track run 114-116 because they can't drive their way out of a wet paper bag. Good luck, you are going to need it.

This is a sad but true statement. A few friends of mine are horrible drivers at the track. I even beat one of my friends 3 out of 4 times at the track (him 2.76) (me intake+catback).

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Intake and exhaust i run 7.4s with my 08 and when i added 3.90 it ran 7.3 @98mph so watch out

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Typical vette driver is right, just trying to give the op a reference. I raced this guy twice, first time I didnt even launch cause the light turned green about a second after he asked me if i wanted to go so of course he got out in front and I still caught up to him. Second time I was ready and got em. And I spent alot less on my car than he did his...which makes it that much better:dancenana:

I'd watch that stament a new base vette could be bought for 39900 brand new from kerbeck corvette when i got mine and the cobras were 35-36000 new if i remember correct. not much diff if you ask me but i hear it all the time. and ls2 c6s can be had used for under 25 now

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I'd watch that stament a new base vette could be bought for 39900 brand new from kerbeck corvette when i got mine and the cobras were 35-36000 new if i remember correct. not much diff if you ask me but i hear it all the time. and ls2 c6s can be had used for under 25 now

Your right, but with as many bills as I have and with the baby coming we all dont have 40K to drop on a vette. Instead I spent 18 on the car, about 1K on mods and run right next to or in front of the vette for half the price. Sounds like a better deal to me:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread