Anything to worry about LS3 vette vs pullied cobra?

AaronK

Established Member
Don't ask AaronK, as his pullied cobra beats 500rwhp vettes all day long, and since this vette is prolly making well under 400 at the wheels with just exhaust this race would be a slaughter...

Yeah don't ask the guy that races vettes with his sub 500rwhp cobra multiple times a week. He wouldn't know...

The race will be close, and if you can drive you'll win.

res0n0xg

Established Member
go from a dig, you should win if you can launch up to the quarter mile, after that vette will creep up slowly.

I also smoked an A6 LS2 vette with a catback from a roll 50-120 the other day, put about 4 cars on him, and sure the LS3 is a better motor, but if you look at the stock LS2 times you'll see they aren't that much far off from the LS3 bests....

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Seeing how most of the pullied cobras seem to run, this depends on how well you can drive. I went to the track last Thursday and went 121.58 hot off of the street on radials, but most pullied cobras at that track run 114-116 because they can't drive their way out of a wet paper bag. Good luck, you are going to need it.

Beetle6986

Established Member
Yeah don't ask the guy that races vettes with his sub 500rwhp cobra multiple times a week. He wouldn't know...

+1. I give the edge to the pullied Cobra.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

AaronK you need to have all your videos in your sig. :banana: Most people have a hard time believing what a well driven pullied Cobra is truly capable of.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
go from a dig, you should win if you can launch up to the quarter mile, after that vette will creep up slowly.

I also smoked an A6 LS2 vette with a catback from a roll 50-120 the other day, put about 4 cars on him, and sure the LS3 is a better motor, but if you look at the stock LS2 times you'll see they aren't that much far off from the LS3 bests....

Stock for stock, an LS3 C6 is about 3-4 cars faster than a LS2 C6. You might want to rethink your comment.

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
i think if the cobra driver can powershift and the weather is ok, he should pull him a bit. alot of people dont keep there foot planted to the floor and loose boost between shifts that really helps! none the less, the ls3 is no joke in that lite body vette. love to see the outcome on video

AaronK

Established Member
AaronK you need to have all your videos in your sig. :banana: Most people have a hard time believing what a well driven pullied Cobra is truly capable of.

Yeah, I'll probably put them back in there. I took them down because that was with my old setup (441/431 and 102,000 miles on it)... I'm trying to get some new videos with some faster vettes and fbodies so I can stir the pot a little more.... it's SOOO unbelievable that I'm in front of C6Zs, so I'll have to get a few videos of it to shut some of these people up... of course it'll be the usual when I do post them up "oh the vette needs a driver mod, he must have started in the wrong gear, blah blah blah..." shit never fails lol

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Were you just over on the Supra forum? :loser:

Hardy Har har. Actually I recommended a run from a roll not to sound ricey, but to avoid an outcome like the one posted below

I ran some guy at work with a 6 speed. First time was pretty even until we let off and second time, weeks later, i pulled about a car maybe not even that much. Both races were from a dig to around 100ish. This guy is all stock though, running nitto invo's I think.

Who knows, and who really cares about how good these guys are from a dig. No one cares who is the better driver, we want to know which CAR is faster. Start from around 25mph in first, or 50mph in second and it throws a lot of excuses out the window.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Hate 2 sound "RICEY" but love me some roll racing....
Why always question the drivers ??? :bash:
In every race the one thing everyone questions if the guy was driving right.
You know those hard shift into 3rd or 4th could be a car lenght diff if the other driver is not really shifting fast..
Like he said take the driver out of the equation and the cars do the racing.:poke:
Have me some brown rice 2night..:dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread