Steeda Sucks

• Yes

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 72.8%

• Total voters

pny_xtc

Established Member
I've delt with Steeda on several occasions with no problem. I have there CAI, Tri-ax, and catback. When I ordered my catback they said it was on backorder and I'd recieve it in 10 to 15 days. 11 days later it was at my door.

bunk22

Established Member
I've ordered Steeda's G-trac Stage I & II, spoiler, x-pipe, and cat-back. Never had a problem. Great customer service as far as I'm concerned.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
The Hypercoils are the Cobra R spec springs as far as I know...and they are not listed in the catalogs and you have to special request them as they are definately a notch toward the racier than the eibachs...

I ordered an entire Cobra R suspension package from Steeda today...so I"ll post as to how it goes...

Evan

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've only ordered from them four times (shifter twice, intake and catback) with no problems at all. I even received my SVTOA discount on all four orders.
:)

lesrok

Established Member
Believe it or not, dealing with Steeda, you're going to run into trouble one way or the other> That's a Guarantee!!!!

jfclague

Established Member
I am going to try to see if they will waive the restocking fee if I order something else with them.

I guess I will see if they do that, at least.

BBriBro

Established Member
I had trouble with their quick ratio clutch quadrant, some of you may remember the post, but anyway they quickly exchanged it for the double hook quadrant. I have since ordered the Tri-Ax, and just recently their CAI, Their products look great, they seem to work good, and their shipping is very fast, and the SVTOA discount is nice. I am very satisfied overall :)

72 fastback

Established Member
steeda is average nothing special

some of their stuff is okay,they did inform me of a saving on their spring after i bought them, 15 dollar credit on any new purchase but their springs sit way too high in back.i'd look elsewhere for springs.their add on sway bar worked ok on my 98 cobra.i took t
he steeda springs off in about a week and never looked back
decent stuff

BlueSVTSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by jfclague
Has anyone had issues with Steeda?

First, I bought a strut tower brace for my '03 Cobra. It only connects from the strut towers (no connection to the firewall like other manufacturers). Also, you have to drill into the body (on previous braces for other cars that I have had, you just attached using the same bolts for your struts, no drilling). I decided to return it and they freakening charged me a 20% restocking fee. I have never had this happen with anything I have ever bought. I guess this is another way for them to screw you.

Second, I have had springs for my '03 Cobra on back order for 2 months and I get the same response every time, they will be here next week. So I cancelled. Also, I just found out that their springs are just Eibach springs painted blue (with an extra charge for their name).

All I have ever heard is stay away from Steeda products because they were cheap and over priced. I guess I learned the hard way.

I won't be ordering from them anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent.
i have never had an issue with steeda and have quite a few of their products on my 94 gt. the again, they are located 20 minutes from me and i have always just gone in when i needed something.

Griffin

Established Member
I think they may be the most over priced aftermarket vender I have come across. they actually tried to charge me over 800 dollars in labor to change my S/C out with a Apten S/C. REM is doing it for $240 so go figure. They have always been polite to me though. Even when they charged me 35 bucks to put on my Cobra emblem which I thought was being done for free until I looked at my bill. I can't believe they would charge someone for a five minute job......:bash:

cobra40

Established Member
Originally posted by jmimac351
Jim, did you ask them how the strut brace connected to the car? How is it that your preconceived notion about how it should work now somehow their problem?

I am not a big fan of restocking fees either, but I do understand why they are charged. Either way, that info is on their site.

It seems to me your problems could have been averted if you took some time on your end to research what you were getting. Maybe the restocking fee will help keep you from wasting your (or the vendor's) time in the future.

Jim

I bought the Steeda ST brace. The picture on the link (when I saw it) to the specific product info was a triangular brace. Just like for all the other cars. When I clicked on the link the product info came up with a dark picture of the ST brace installed in the 03 engine compartment. Well, having just clicked on a 3point picture, when saw the picture, my brain told me it was a 3point brace. Look at the picture, w/o mashing your eyeball to the monitor, and you would think it is a 3point. ALSO, the install instructions on the steeda site is for a 3point brace. I did do my research and was still mistaken.

I just received mine and will be sending it back since I have a vert and definitely require more than a 2point brace. This is definitely not a case of "should'a read the small print". I, just as I am sure many others, were just as surprised when the Steeda arrived.

Jfclague, myself, and a lot of others, may not know it all, but some people sure think they do.:burn:

I have a life, but sometimes you just gotta say something.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Never had any problems and have ordered all my stuff from them.
Just got the bumpsteer, cast/camber, x2 ball joints
and springs, order only took 3 or 4 days max to get everything.
And I ordered right before new years and got it a few days later.
I was actually inpressed it got there so fast.

I have ordered stuff from other sites, especially those that have stuff cheaper, and often times its taken a lot longer to get the parts and you can never get ahold of anyone to help you.

With steeda, I have always been able to get help and there
stuff has proven to be well made even if some of it is
manufactured by someone else. (in the case of springs
almost all of them are made by eibach and everyone
just sticks there own logo on it).

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra40
Well, having just clicked on a 3point picture, when saw the picture, my brain told me it was a 3point brace.

So your brain was wrong yet that was Steeda's fault? Not sure I follow...

It took you 7 months to come up with this response? No wonder you misread the small print.

Let it go, just.... let it go. :loser:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Ford Racing sells and promotes some Steeda products in their new catalog. Things are never perfect, think of the thousands or tens of thousands of customers they have. Sometimes mistakes happen.

I've ordered a few things from Steeda and everything was fine.

As for the strut brace, there's only TWO companies that offer them. The design is challenging because the hood doesn't leave much clearance for anything else but the supercharger. Maximum Motorsports has been in the design process of a front strut bar for a while now.

03CobraRed

Established Member
I have never personally had any problems with them, However my friend ordered Cobra Seats from them and they told him they were leather and seude. They were not, they were cloth, So in the long run he spent 1700 dollars on some cloth seats?

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I ordered the Steeda Cat Back last month. I got the SVTOA discount, and the box arrived before they said it would. Fit and finish are excellent--standard Borla quality. It's quiet at idle, which is what I wanted. It has an obnoxious drone around 1800 RPM (about 70 mph in 6th). I'm thinking about 4.10 gears to move the cruise rpm.

Steeda's website said that their cat-back was designed specifically not to drone...yeah, right. Kinda disappointed that the kit cost nearly $600 and it still drones. I heard most cat-backs are worth only 15 hp on the dyno. If that's so then I might be returning to stock.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
As a Ford dealer we have never had any issues with Steeda. Either with their parts or service. I know that if you ask them about that strut tower brace they will tell you exactly what it is. I think that all things considered compared to other vendors they do an above average job.

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by lesrok
Believe it or not, dealing with Steeda, you're going to run into trouble one way or the other> That's a Guarantee!!!!

yes, that is true. steeda is an ass raper.

BenD

Established Member
jfclague.....I bought Steeda's Shock Tower brace specifically because it didn't connect to or under the caster plates and it was a single brace across the engine.

I simply drilled and tapped the towers for the brace. I can quickly remove it in minutes for further mods. Try that with one that's fastens to the firewall. I guess each to his own. Shock tower braces alone don't really help much, but along with other chassis mods it all adds up.

Users who are viewing this thread