• Yes

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 72.8%

• Total voters

jfclague

Established Member
Has anyone had issues with Steeda?

First, I bought a strut tower brace for my '03 Cobra. It only connects from the strut towers (no connection to the firewall like other manufacturers). Also, you have to drill into the body (on previous braces for other cars that I have had, you just attached using the same bolts for your struts, no drilling). I decided to return it and they freakening charged me a 20% restocking fee. I have never had this happen with anything I have ever bought. I guess this is another way for them to screw you.

Second, I have had springs for my '03 Cobra on back order for 2 months and I get the same response every time, they will be here next week. So I cancelled. Also, I just found out that their springs are just Eibach springs painted blue (with an extra charge for their name).

All I have ever heard is stay away from Steeda products because they were cheap and over priced. I guess I learned the hard way.

I won't be ordering from them anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I own thier shifter and haven't had any problems, but I've heard several nightmare stories from other users on this forum.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bro...if they havent shipped the product out, then they should not of charged ur card. Cancel the order then. There are other Steeda Dealers u can go to if u should really prefer Steeda Spring :shrug:

Only good thing about Steeda i found is the Trix-Ax. I have that shifter :D

Poison_S

Established Member
I had difficulties getting them to support the warranty on a bump steer kit. It took about 4 months and a number of follow-up phone calls at my cost of course (no toll free #) to get it resolved.

Also, I found that the sportline springs will drop the 03 Cobra more in the front (1.3") than the rear (1"), adding to the already present rake.

I plan to put a set of H&R springs on the rear to help even out some of the rake.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The Steeda is the same as the Borla, but with different tips and Steeda stamped on the mufflers..

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Jim, did you ask them how the strut brace connected to the car? How is it that your preconceived notion about how it should work now somehow their problem?

I am not a big fan of restocking fees either, but I do understand why they are charged. Either way, that info is on their site.

It seems to me your problems could have been averted if you took some time on your end to research what you were getting. Maybe the restocking fee will help keep you from wasting your (or the vendor's) time in the future.

Jim

Last edited:

goinbyu

I bought the Tri-Ax and the CAI. No problems with either one. It took a couple weeks to receive the CAI. When I ordered the CAI online, I didn't get a shipping charge until after it was shipped. Tres unusual for online ordering (in my experience).

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
Anyone has the steeda catback and happy w/ it?

I have it, sounds really good. It is made by borla but it's $50 cheaper and the tips look better (atleast I think so). The cat-back was on back order and it did take amost 5 weeks to get but I would say it was worth it.

Bingo13

Established Member
Justing waiting for Toofast4U to reply..... :D

The strut brace looks good if you powdercoat it red. Not good for anything else but it will dress out your engine bay. ;-)

NightEnforcer

Established Member
HI JF
Steeds doesn't need me to defend them, but I have ordered numerous parts from STEEDA no prob. They sent the wrong part on one occasion, and offered me a a bottle of water wetter, which I needed, if I sent the part back at my expense vs them sending out a call tag from UPS.

Restocking charge is a pain but unfortunetley it has become necessary. I had to resort to it in my business (unrelated to autos) because guys were trying out parts, rebagging them and then sending them back 3 and 4 months later for a full refund. Or they would try them over a weekend and send them back. I know that is not what you did, but for a company to run somewhat smoothly and fairly they do not make too many exceptions to policies. We often do make exceptions depending on the reason for the return. It costs my business between $5.00 and $10.0 to process the order, create the invoice, process the credit card, box and prepare the package for shipping. That doesn't include the 2-4% credit card processing fee we pay to process the card or the shipping costs. The credit card processing company hit us up with another fee if we have to credit the cutomers account on a return item. That still doesn't include the costs for the actual restocking of the item. When it comes to product returns (not warranty returns) it is sometimes tough to balance good customer service, with profitability.

I apologize for the long post, but some times we as consumers don't realize the costs involved from the vendors side.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Originally posted by jfclague
Has anyone had issues with Steeda?

Second, I have had springs for my '03 Cobra on back order for 2 months and I get the same response every time, they will be here next week. So I cancelled. Also, I just found out that their springs are just Eibach springs painted blue (with an extra charge for their name).

I'm pretty certain Steeda Springs are not Eibach's. They are HyperCoil springs. How do I know this.......I spoke with HyperCoil first hand inquiring about their springs, where I lived, and they named Steeda as the vendor. I then called Steeda asking about lowering springs for my Gen II Lightning at the time I was looking to ditch my crappy Eibachs. So unless Steeda uses multiple vendors for their springs they are HyperCoils.

Most

Established Member
I (from Europe) ordered from Steeda:

- the CAI
- Infos and quote about street legal exhausts for the Cobra 03
- Catalog(s) for Mustangs
- Catalog(s) for Lightnings (a friend has one)

Very fast I got:
- The CAI
- 3 Catalogs for Mustangs

- No quote or info etc.. for the exhaust
- No catalog for the Lightning.

Looks like they did not read my order...
But this is not a problem for me...more for them.. if they want to earn more money...;-)

The only REALLY problem: Now I have the CAI, but still not the Cobra to install it! :shrug: (I will get it tomorrow...or next week)

Best regards
Stefan

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
Anyone has the steeda catback and happy w/ it?

I have the Steeda catback. Even with the Magnaflow X-pipe w/ cats, I feel it's too quiet at idle. It sounds good when you hammer it though. I will probably change the catback in a few months for something with a little more umph.

umustdv8

Established Member
I've had 6 Stangs and Steeda has done work on all but one. I've never had an issue. Not once in over 12 years.

Do your homework before you purchase a part, so you don't have any surprises when it arrives. That's what this forum is for, correct? :)

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Steed tri-ax and CAI. Got the SVTOA discount and quick delivery.... no issues here.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread