Anyone with a recent MMR build success story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPSI

Established Member
I've seen some negative feedback as of late so no need to post anymore of that here. Like most companies if a buyer has no issues with a product they generally go one their merry way and you don't hear anything else. But if there are problems is when you always hear about it.

So anyway. If you have had a recent build done by MMR please post your feedback here if you had good results. Lets hear your setup and what kind of numbers you were making before and after. I'm about to pull the trigger on a build and am looking for some good stories. Thanks!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Not "new".. 2008...ported heads, overbored my teksid block, forged rods and pistons no issues for me with about 15k(?) or so on the new motor...RWHP in sig..

Sorry I don't have a terminator but can't imagine it being an issue.

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
My shortblock is from them. Only about 1200 miles on it but no problems so far and I made a decent bit of power.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Some one had issue, but they are standing behind their work. (allegedly) search MMR was 2. Weeks ago

HighPSI

Established Member
Yeah I have been following your thread very closely HANGMAN. I have a good friend here locally that is on his 4th motor from them with nothing good to say about them anymore. My block and heads are at MMR now just waiting for me to pay for them to start it but this is the most indecisive I've ever been in my life because its such a big investment. I've heard a bunch of bad which is why I posted this thread looking for any kind of real positive feedback. I work in the auto industry for a larger company so I understand the basics of the larger you are and more product you move the higher the potential for issues/returns but how it's handled is what makes or breaks your reputation. If there is anything you want to PM me getting into more detail with them on your experience please do. I was just up there to drop my stuff of earlier this week.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
I have a MMR 1500 5.4.

I'm waiting to get it dyno tuned but so far so good.

onebadstang16

Banned
They sent me the wrong clutch assembly, and rotating assembly. They were unwilling to help me with the clutch assembly and swore they had sent me a stroker rotating assembly. It was not until i paid to have a machine shop look at everything and take photos that they agreed to send me the correct stuff, that was after i paid shipping back to them of course. They also told me incorrect information on several occasions (ex: told ring end gap should be .026 which is entirely to loose) but it seems to be hit or miss with them as far as motors built in shop. I have seen them stand behind stuff and fix it the second time around and i have seen them basically tell people to go piss into the wind... personally if a motor has to come out of a car again because of a fresh motor failure one time its one time to many in my book... especially if the time was taken to properly assemble it. Will i purchase product from them... if i have to, would i ever let them assemble anything going into my engine bay no but everyone has there own opinion and reasoning.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I have no experience with them, but if I ever had to do motor work I'd probably stay away. JMO.

If I'm going to pay the $$ for a good shortblock or longblock, I wouldn't want to chance it with a company that has had as many issues as theirs.

But some people have good success. Just too many of these stories for me.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Buy there parts and find a good recommended local engine builder to inspect/assemble EVERYTHING

racebronco2

Established Member
I have built 6 motors with their parts but will not have them build one for me, too many problems with several of my friend's motors.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
I cant wait to get mine ( partly spoiling my surprise from my other thread ) but I can't wait ! Haha. I paid the $300 extra to get it rushed and assembled within 2 weeks. I went into their shop in Camarillo and came out very satisfied with everything. Only thing I didn't use from their parts was the oil pump. I went with a Millen.

I'm gonna be on stock heads with a 5.0 stroker, can't wait. It's the 900S stroker. Car should make a shitload of power, hoping for 800 at 26-27 lbs on my kenne bell 2.8 on E85. Should make mid 600's on 91 with the 3.5 pulley. I'm just going to follow their break in with conventional oil and take it easy for a 1000 miles ( god help me restrain myself lmao )

I don't know who built all your motors back then but Mark and Greg are the only ones who build their motors as they don't trust anyone else. Thats why they are soo backed up. From what I saw, definitely stand up guys. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

HighPSI

Established Member
I cant wait to get mine ( partly spoiling my surprise from my other thread ) but I can't wait ! Haha. I paid the $300 extra to get it rushed and assembled within 2 weeks. I went into their shop in Camarillo and came out very satisfied with everything. Only thing I didn't use from their parts was the oil pump. I went with a Millen.

I'm gonna be on stock heads with a 5.0 stroker, can't wait. It's the 900S stroker. Car should make a shitload of power, hoping for 800 at 26-27 lbs on my kenne bell 2.8 on E85. Should make mid 600's on 91 with the 3.5 pulley. I'm just going to follow their break in with conventional oil and take it easy for a 1000 miles ( god help me restrain myself lmao )

I don't know who built all your motors back then but Mark and Greg are the only ones who build their motors as they don't trust anyone else. Thats why they are soo backed up. From what I saw, definitely stand up guys. We'll see how it goes.

Awesome, should be a nice setup when its all done. I got the same good vibe while I was there dropping my stuff off too just trying to get that last bit of peace of mind from others with recent builds. When is yours supposed to be done? Who is going to be doing your tuning?

We are going to have pretty similar setups. I'm going with their Stroker 1000S 5.0L, piston notching, also opted for Melling pump, HD Head gaskets, ARP main and headstuds, Sidebolt kit, Stage 3 head port, SS valve kit, head resurface, new water pump and windage tray wrapped around everything in the sig. Thinking of going with 9.5.1 compression but haven't fully decided yet. Going to start at 19psi.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Awesome, should be a nice setup when its all done. I got the same good vibe while I was there dropping my stuff off too just trying to get that last bit of peace of mind from others with recent builds. When is yours supposed to be done? Who is going to be doing your tuning?

We are going to have pretty similar setups. I'm going with their Stroker 1000S 5.0L, piston notching, also opted for Melling pump, HD Head gaskets, ARP main and headstuds, Sidebolt kit, Stage 3 head port, SS valve kit, head resurface, new water pump and windage tray wrapped around everything in the sig. Thinking of going with 9.5.1 compression but haven't fully decided yet. Going to start at 19psi.

Nice! Only Greg from Racers Edge Tuning out of downey, ca touchs my car. He's an excellent tuner and an awesome guy. Considering I placed my order this past tuesday on 5/1/12, should be done by the 15th as thats 2 weeks. Or else I get a full refund on the rush request but he said i'd be fine.

I got the felpro heavy duty head gaskets, arp main studs , arp headstuds, head resurface but nothing else. Greg said the windage tray is unnecessary so i opted out of that. Im keeping my heads stock. Im staying with stock compression. I'll have a full thread of my mod list and stuff once its done, cant wait. Oh and tons of vids :) :beer:

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
I have their mmr 4.75 short block and mmr stage 2 sc cams. Haven't dynoed it yet, its been around 3,000 miles since the install so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread