Anyone thinking about trading their 11-14 in on a 15?

vortecd

Established Member
No way. The new interior on the 15 is nice but the exterior just doesn't appeal to me. I'll keep my 14 for a few years until the next body style.

yep

If it is anything like the change from the '94-'99 or the the '05-'10 the upgrade should be more appealing. I much more like my '13 over the '15 as I did my '87 when the '94 came out

The engine upgrades from the factory are good though

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
yep

If it is anything like the change from the '94-'99 or the the '05-'10 the upgrade should be more appealing. I much more like my '13 over the '15 as I did my '87 when the '94 came out

The engine upgrades from the factory are good though

This x1000000000! I hated the 94-98 and hate the 05-09 and now I'm hating the 15, I'm sure the update in a few years will be sweet though!!!!

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Keeping mine, just getting the car to where I want it and I'm not impressed with the 15's.

RJ13GT

Established Member
No way! I think my car looks way more muscular than the '15. The '15 looks feminized and I don't think there is enough improvement elsewhere to make up for it.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
At first, I said the front end of the S550 ruined the car. Then toady I got to see one in person.

I was wrong, dead wrong. It was NICE!

But to the question of trading my 13 GT for one, it wouldn't make any financial sense. My Prem model stickered for 35k, and with rebates I got it for 32k.

All S550's start out ~2k more, so I'd be looking at 37k for a similarly equipped model. Like I said, wouldn't make any $$ sense ...

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I actually read your post before i posted this. I kinda feel the same way as you do. The interior improvement would be nice, but at the same time I enjoy the raw feeling the 11-14 still gives me. Coming from a handful of fox bodys and sn95 cars, I actually enjoy the raw, less refined feel. I guess it feels more like a mustang should in my eyes. I guess I should wait a year or two in order for Ford to fix some of the issues the new car will most likely have.

And that is how I feel. a mustang should be a cheap v8 car that we have fun with.

This new one completely reforms how people will think. Unless people drive them, you will never know the difference. And I was a complete hater of these things at first. I made it known too.

People will come around. Always happens.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Funny thing just happened ...

I was at my credit union and saw the finance manager. First thing he said to me was "Nice car!" (he stated this many times before)

I said "I was looking at a new 15 GT, I bet you'd give me a loan for one if I wanted it". He said "Yes, we would."

I said "NOOOOO! Don't tell me that!"

And I left. :)

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I would consider one, the problem is, which really isn't a problem, i like my modded 12 to much to get rid of it for this car!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I just installed the 2200 so not this year. Actually, I like my '12, I have a few more performance upgrades I want to install, car rides nice now, tons of power to boot.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Some said that the 15 needs to be seen in person, so I did that the other day. I saw the front end in person and still didn't like it. It reminds me of when the 93 Camaro came out (98 even worse)...kinda catfish looking. The 15 grill is huge to me. The interior and back half of the car looks good but I also have never disliked my 14's interior. My 14 is more aggressive looking side by side. All in all, I'd need more reasons to consider letting the 14 go. Maybe the next refresh and specialty model will do it for me. By then, there may be other cool muscle cars to look at though.

Last edited:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Some said that the 15 needs to be seen in person, so I did that the other day. I saw the front end in person and still didn't like it. It reminds me of when the 93 Camaro came out...kinda catfish looking. The grill is huge to me. The interior and back half of the car looks good but I also have never disliked my 14's interior. My 14 is more aggressive looking side by side. All in all, I'd need more reasons to consider letting the 14 go. Maybe the next refresh and specialty model will do it for me. By then, there may be other cool muscle cars to look at though.

Yeah, I've seen one in person too and I still don't like the front end. The hood line is too high compared to the back and the overhang is too long, along with a big mouth grill. And I agree that the back end is better, although the overhang is a little too long also.
The interior is definitely an improvement, but then again, the 11-14 wasn't that bad either.

I'm really hoping ford revises the front end in the coming years.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
the 15s to me don't look as aggressive as the 11-14s the interiors are nice but the 15s should have come out with 440-450 hp. if I trade my 2011 it will be either for a boss or a 13/14 gt500

Honest Mike

Established Member
Hell no, I like my car better. I'm sure the new one will grow on me in due time, but as of right now I like mine better! Plus the new one isnt any faster either?

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
No way....saw several already and STILL hate the front end. Until ford fixes that, Im keeping my 2013 which I still love as it looks better too me plus its lighter. Im waiting on the next gen camaro, if it looks badass and has a great interior Im going to add one next to my 13. This might be my last mustang for awhile.....

Users who are viewing this thread