Anyone know of any bosses @ MSRP??

drmustang

Banned
those who want a Boss need to wait until the end of this year for when allocations are given out and orders are placed for the 2013 Boss, with whole different colors and stripe patterns. Not only will you be able to get any left over 2012 Bosses for cheap, but you'll find some very low mile, less than a year old Boss 302s popping up on the used market due to buyers wanting the 2013. There are already guys on The Mustang Source talking about ditching their 2012's once the 2013 order banks open up, and they've had them for a few weeks!

Also, the X-Plan option might change towards the end of the year, as well as other various incentives available for it.

Spot on! Good to hear from someone who gets it. There will be an entirely different pricing enviornment by years end. The Boss will even find some stiff marketplace competition from its in house brother GT500. The '13 GT500s with a factory twin screw PD blower will have orders opening by years end. These cars change the landscape entirely. Left over '11 along with '12 model 500s will be dead in the water without some significant price cutting via rebates and incentives. Their prices will force Boss selling price levels even further.

MrBonus

Established Member
Spot on! Good to hear from someone who gets it. There will be an entirely different pricing enviornment by years end. The Boss will even find some stiff marketplace competition from its in house brother GT500. The '13 GT500s with a factory twin screw PD blower will have orders opening by years end. These cars change the landscape entirely. Left over '11 along with '12 model 500s will be dead in the water without some significant price cutting via rebates and incentives. Their prices will force Boss selling price levels even further.

While I agree with the sentiment that the Boss will be more readily available at year's end, I'm not sure how the GT500 is really relevant to the Boss but then again the GT500 isn't my cup of tea.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The Boss will even find some stiff marketplace competition from its in house brother GT500. The '13 GT500s with a factory twin screw PD blower will have orders opening by years end. These cars change the landscape entirely. Left over '11 along with '12 model 500s will be dead in the water without some significant price cutting via rebates and incentives. Their prices will force Boss selling price levels even further.
Believe it or not there are car buyers out there that have no interest in a blown car regardless if it has one or two screws. The GT500 has never been on my radar screen and won't be at any price.

drmustang

Banned
While I agree with the sentiment that the Boss will be more readily available at year's end, I'm not sure how the GT500 is really relevant to the Boss but then again the GT500 isn't my cup of tea.

I am kinda with ya there. The Boss is a cool concept and is normally aspirated with straightline performance that is very close to the GT500. You would find the majority of Mustang guys leaning towards the 500 as the price differential narrows significantly. The Shelby moniker has been beaten to death but is still very desireable.

Last edited:

barstoolman

Established Member
Just picked one up Sunday, right off the lot in North Hollywood (Los Angeles area) California. They were asking 5k over as most dealers are in L.A.......started to leave, salesman asked me what I was willing to pay. We ended up settling at MSRP and I now have a Red with Black Stripe Boss 302. Only disappointment is that the software for the PCM that allows the Red "Trackey" to perform in the more aggressive mode will not be available for 30-60 days........I confirmed this with Ford Racing yesterday so in the meantime, I'm merely driving a Mustang GT 5.0 with Track Pack (3:73s and Brembos) with upgraded internals in the block. A fantastic driving car nonetheless but was bummed when I realized that the Red Key is uselss for awhile.

FastCarsFTW

Casual
Established Member
Just picked one up Sunday, right off the lot in North Hollywood (Los Angeles area) California. They were asking 5k over as most dealers are in L.A.......started to leave, salesman asked me what I was willing to pay. We ended up settling at MSRP and I now have a Red with Black Stripe Boss 302. Only disappointment is that the software for the PCM that allows the Red "Trackey" to perform in the more aggressive mode will not be available for 30-60 days........I confirmed this with Ford Racing yesterday so in the meantime, I'm merely driving a Mustang GT 5.0 with Track Pack (3:73s and Brembos) with upgraded internals in the block. A fantastic driving car nonetheless but was bummed when I realized that the Red Key is uselss for awhile.

Out of curiosity, what was the reason for the delay of the "Trackey"?

barstoolman

Established Member
California Fascist CARB approval.

That's exactly what the dealer got as a reason yesterday...........Ford has been waiting approval from the California Air Resources Board. The fellow I spoke to at Ford Racing did not mention any specific reason........just told me some fine tuning was needed for the software, much like the delay they had in the tune for the Ford Racing tune in the 2011 GTs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
those who want a Boss need to wait until the end of this year for when allocations are given out and orders are placed for the 2013 Boss, with whole different colors and stripe patterns. Not only will you be able to get any left over 2012 Bosses for cheap, but you'll find some very low mile, less than a year old Boss 302s popping up on the used market due to buyers wanting the 2013. There are already guys on The Mustang Source talking about ditching their 2012's once the 2013 order banks open up, and they've had them for a few weeks!

Also, the X-Plan option might change towards the end of the year, as well as other various incentives available for it.

this is pretty much how it went with my mach1...29xxxsticker, guys paying big bucks over msrp when they hit then they announce the 04 and I pick mine up around 6k under sticker

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Was this at Galpin? We need photos.

FastCarsFTW

Casual
Established Member
That's exactly what the dealer got as a reason yesterday...........Ford has been waiting approval from the California Air Resources Board. The fellow I spoke to at Ford Racing did not mention any specific reason........just told me some fine tuning was needed for the software, much like the delay they had in the tune for the Ford Racing tune in the 2011 GTs

Well that kinda sucks. But on a positive note you'll have something to look forward too.

MrBonus

Established Member
For the rest of us, we can twiddle our thumbs and bother our Ford rep to see if they've started production again.

barstoolman

Established Member
Yes yes, pictures of said awesomeness!

The site is not allowing me to post attachments......what do i do???? Maybe I can change my signature to post some pics..........I'll try that.

On another note, spoke with Ford Racing again.....its not just California but its a national issue, actually a Federal issue. How it was explained to me was as follows...........the EPA or some other agency must do test on an actual production vehicle in the "TracKey" mode to see if it meets federal standards for pollution and what not. The car we all saw in the videos, using the "TracKey" are considered "test" cars. Anyway, approval could be anywhere from 30 days to late summer......sucks.

MrBonus

Established Member
I hear ya there. You'll get one if you look around and hold out for the right price, good luck!

I've got a deposit down and signed purchase order on a second quarter LS. The problem is that production is currently stopped, first quarter cars are behind on delivery, and I haven't been assigned a production date or VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread