Anyone know of any bosses @ MSRP??

mgmustang1

Established Member
Dealer just said the throttle body or mass air sensor(cant remember which one)is made in japan which stopped production. they are retooling it to another manufacturer.

MrBonus

Established Member
Dealer just said the throttle body or mass air sensor(cant remember which one)is made in japan which stopped production. they are retooling it to another manufacturer.

The story seems to change no matter which dealer you speak to. I've heard Recaro can't keep up, I've heard paint (which has been debunked), and now this. I think dealers are just stalling because they don't know what's holding everything up.

mgmustang1

Established Member
got the same story from another ford dealer, and in fact is the mass air from japan. not just on mustangs but explorer etc... some paint from gm also comes from japan that is on hold.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
It is the mass air sensor, and is used on many Fords. There are staggered off weeks for trucks also, as well as the Explorer and others. It is not just the Mustang, and not just the Boss302.

Trucks have many issues, with the other being a shortage of Michelin tires.

The situation in Japan has caused many issues with most manufacturers. Just because they are not shouting it from rooftops, does not mean it does not exist. You can also figure that Tuxedo Black and Red Candy are done as colors, for quite a while. They will be replaced with other colors. The reflective material in the paint, comes from Japan, close to the tsunami area. Chrysler has 10 colors that are affected. I don't know how many GM has. GM's Delta Township plant (Traverse, Enclave, Acadia) will probably go down in a week, due to a lack of parts. There will be many others.

All it takes is 1 part, of thousands, to shut down a plant. It is not some mass conspiracy.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
YES, they are out there for MSRP... or damn close to it.

Ford : Mustang | eBay

Sold already, but still, the price was pretty much right at MSRP with the options. Maybe $500 over, if it doesn't actually have the car-cover / floor mat option, but that is pretty close.

I wonder how much it would cost in gas to drive it across the country? And I bet it would be worth every penny!

drmustang

Banned
YES, they are out there for MSRP... or damn close to it.

Ford : Mustang | eBay

Sold already, but still, the price was pretty much right at MSRP with the options. Maybe $500 over, if it doesn't actually have the car-cover / floor mat option, but that is pretty close.

I wonder how much it would cost in gas to drive it across the country? And I bet it would be worth every penny!

There have been more than a few on Ebay that did not bid to MSRP. There will be no shortage of Mustangs that cost a potential buyer the better part of 50 large out the door. This stuff cracks me up and accompanies every single SE Mustang that has come and gone. Not enough motors, not enough thing-a-ma-jigs, and possibly the best one to date: Not enough paint.

MrBonus

Established Member
There have been more than a few on Ebay that did not bid to MSRP. There will be no shortage of Mustangs that cost a potential buyer the better part of 50 large out the door. This stuff cracks me up and accompanies every single SE Mustang that has come and gone. Not enough motors, not enough thing-a-ma-jigs, and possibly the best one to date: Not enough paint.

It's pretty common for any special edition car to come out of the production gates slowly. Whether or not it's parts or intentional is largely irrelevant. The point is that many of us want cars and we're getting tired of waiting.

It doesn't help that stupid dealerships seem to think they have some sort of golden egg. They put these obnoxious mark-ups and let them sit for 6 months and then they don't sell the car and we don't buy them. Annoying.

drmustang

Banned
It's pretty common for any special edition car to come out of the production gates slowly. Whether or not it's parts or intentional is largely irrelevant. The point is that many of us want cars and we're getting tired of waiting.

It doesn't help that stupid dealerships seem to think they have some sort of golden egg. They put these obnoxious mark-ups and let them sit for 6 months and then they don't sell the car and we don't buy them. Annoying.

Absolutely correct. Very annoying but in many cases you are at odds with the car dealer mentality which has proven itself to be quite sales inhibiting. Some of these monkeys act like they have a Van Gogh original on the block with the velvet ropes and astronomical asking prices. Its theirs to sell at whatever price but it can often times backfire with animosity from a potential buyers disgust who never returns for any other products or services that the dealer offers.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I pre-sold all my 2012 allocation at msrp, so no cars would end up in showroom and some
sales manager " marking them up" idea...delivered 3 this month, customers were very
pleased.

MrBonus

Established Member
Absolutely correct. Very annoying but in many cases you are at odds with the car dealer mentality which has proven itself to be quite sales inhibiting. Some of these monkeys act like they have a Van Gogh original on the block with the velvet ropes and astronomical asking prices. Its theirs to sell at whatever price but it can often times backfire with animosity from a potential buyers disgust who never returns for any other products or services that the dealer offers.

I'm looking to forgo my LS allocation for a standard car I can take delivery of today (or within a week) and I'm having the worst time finding a car without a markup and a song and dance from the dealerships about how rare these cars are and you won't find one at MSRP, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Quite honestly, it's reaching a point where I'm considering passing on one altogether. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.

drmustang

Banned
I pre-sold all my 2012 allocation at msrp, so no cars would end up in showroom and some
sales manager " marking them up" idea...delivered 3 this month, customers were very
pleased.

Good play for sure. Cars clear the market in short order. Factory can then supply the market with additional units if the demand continues and everyone profits. Pretty simple stuff but very difficult for some of the cavemen dealers out there.

SDW Racing

Established Member
I got yer adm right here!!!!

I went to my second dealer today in NC that is charging ADM=$10K over MSRP.

I guess as long as there are 'customers' willing to fork out the additional money to have the first one...it ruins it for the rest of us.

I am tiring of the BS ...and may wait for used ones to start showing up on the market....or maybe buy something else as gas approaches $4-6/gallon.

Here is the kicker...every dealer knows less about the car than I do.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
well...the dealer may be selling one car. i am not sure how much it pays for the dealer to be an expert.

oh...with fuel mileage an issue you might consider the 2012/13 Focus ST. rockin' car

SDW Racing

Established Member
well...the dealer may be selling one car. i am not sure how much it pays for the dealer to be an expert.

oh...with fuel mileage an issue you might consider the 2012/13 Focus ST. rockin' car

it helps if the salesman knows (at least) what the Boss is...right? Don't stand there like a buffoon and point at it like its a Dog Turd.

...and yes, I have been looking at the Focus too...it is an option...keep the 95R for the track and a Focus as a DD.

Last edited:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member

Personally, I think since being a car salesman is thier JOB they should know ALOT about EVERY car they sell. I mean really, you would think at the very least they would learn about the latest models and what makes them "special" this year.

I know they probably can't know every little thing about every model and variation, but while they are standing around the lot like vultures looking for someone to sell to they should be looking over thier own sales brochures.

drmustang

Banned
Personally, I think since being a car salesman is thier JOB they should know ALOT about EVERY car they sell. I mean really, you would think at the very least they would learn about the latest models and what makes them "special" this year.

I know they probably can't know every little thing about every model and variation, but while they are standing around the lot like vultures looking for someone to sell to they should be looking over thier own sales brochures.

You may be fortunate enough to deal with a car salesperson who is a true professional, they do exist. You also may be faced with a salesman who is a high school drop out that was slingin' hash at Applebees last week, there are many of those goons out there. You don't need a Phi Beta Kappa key to sell cars.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
product knowledge is extremely important when selling virtually anything, much less
a $40,000.00 car. We have folks here who do not know a Boss from a V6, in fact
even know very little about the V6. Customers must feel they are dealing with someone
who took the time to learn, I see it all the time on Mustang prospects who come in,
the customers know more than the sales guy...what a shame.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
You can get a Boss for MSRP at Crescent Ford in High Point, NC. I decided to wait on the 2013 model, so I thought I would post.

Users who are viewing this thread