Anyone know of any bosses @ MSRP??

MrBonus

Established Member
I am just sitting back and laughing...

Locally, the Ford delaership near me, was allocated 1 Boss...it is sitting on the showroom floor, sold with a 10K ADM. They explained there logic to me..."If someone is willing to pay it, then...."

Fine for you, but while Ford dealers rope in that "ONE" customer to pay the ADM, they are chasing away the other 9 willing to pay MSRP.

Probably wait for a used one or move on to another brand.

Same old story.:rolleyes:

A lot of dealerships use them to generate foot traffic. Potential customer comes in, eyeballs the Boss, then ultimately decides to pick up a GT for substantially less that has 90% of the performance.

I have a hard time believing many actually sell above MSRP despite what salesmen tell you.

Vib_93

Established Member
Yikes! In this economy it is professional suicide to attempt profiteering on such a grand scale! Free enterprise indeed! And on a car that Ford has already committed to building for at least two years.

Back in 1993 I lusted after a new Cobra all year long and then when finances allowed, bought mine for a song in December of 1993 right off the showroom floor. Patience.

SDW Racing

Established Member
A lot of dealerships use them to generate foot traffic. Potential customer comes in, eyeballs the Boss, then ultimately decides to pick up a GT for substantially less that has 90% of the performance.

I have a hard time believing many actually sell above MSRP despite what salesmen tell you.

haha...foot traffic for sure.....I went back to the dealer yesterday to show my wife the Boss....it was gone BTW.....I felt like I was gang raped in the showers....three salesman POUNCED on me....I asked about the Boss...now there story has changed...can get as MANY BOSSES as they want! Will sell at MSRP...getting a Laguna Seca too!

Will wait and see.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Our small rural dealership has an open allocation for a 2012 Boss 302, and you can buy for MSRP. They have not ordered the car, so you can pick your own color and option.

If anyone is looking for the right deal, in AZ, this is your chance. Contact John, at Steve Coury Ford, in Payson, AZ. at 928-474-8888

We will be buying a 2013, as we do not have our garage yet. John and Steve Coury Ford have treated us right in the past, and will be with our upcoming Ecoboost F150 purchase................... and then when we are ready for our Boss.

They are good folks. Just don't expect a big fancy dealership. This is smalltown USA.

You can tell him that Gloria sent you.

drmustang

Banned
haha...foot traffic for sure.....I went back to the dealer yesterday to show my wife the Boss....it was gone BTW.....I felt like I was gang raped in the showers....three salesman POUNCED on me....I asked about the Boss...now there story has changed...can get as MANY BOSSES as they want! Will sell at MSRP...getting a Laguna Seca too!

Will wait and see.

Ford will fart out as many Boss Mustangs as the public will buy. All the talk about "allocations" and "limited builds" is just greaseball BS designed to manipulate a potential buyer.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Ford will fart out as many Boss Mustangs as the public will buy. All the talk about "allocations" and "limited builds" is just greaseball BS designed to manipulate a potential buyer.

I had asked about a Boss and a LS at Grappone Ford in Concord, NH, and I was told they could not offer the cars as they were not able to sell them..... WTH!?

BUT on the Ford website you can "build" one.....

Confused!

Mike

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Allocations were handed out, based on Mustang sales. Dealerships that didn't sell enough Mustangs, were entered into a lottery, to get allocation.

This is how our local dealership got their allocation. It is pretty much the same as with the GT500, except they make more GT500's.

Ford is not going to build as many Boss 302's as they can sell. The 2012MY allocations have already been handed out, and there are no more. My local dealer does not know if they will get a 2013 allocation yet, but would probably be able to work a deal with another dealership, to get one for us.

Luckily, the economy is working in our favor here.

Frankly, I do not understand all of the animosity towards the Boss, here. Some like straightline speed, and some like corners. I know what it takes to build a Mustang that handles like a Boss, and is sorted like a Boss................ and it is alot of hard work and research. Not to mention the fact, when you go to sell your modified Mustang, you get NOTHING for all of that hard work, except the fear that you thrashed the car.

drmustang

Banned
Allocations were handed out, based on Mustang sales. Dealerships that didn't sell enough Mustangs, were entered into a lottery, to get allocation.

This is how our local dealership got their allocation. It is pretty much the same as with the GT500, except they make more GT500's.

Ford is not going to build as many Boss 302's as they can sell. The 2012MY allocations have already been handed out, and there are no more. My local dealer does not know if they will get a 2013 allocation yet, but would probably be able to work a deal with another dealership, to get one for us.

Luckily, the economy is working in our favor here.

Frankly, I do not understand all of the animosity towards the Boss, here. Some like straightline speed, and some like corners. I know what it takes to build a Mustang that handles like a Boss, and is sorted like a Boss................ and it is alot of hard work and research. Not to mention the fact, when you go to sell your modified Mustang, you get NOTHING for all of that hard work, except the fear that you thrashed the car.

LOL!

As you have stated, Ford has expended considerable resources developing, engineering, refining, and marketing this car. These investments are not made on the corporate level with the idea of underselling the end product, doesn't work that way. Look at the all the prior SE Mustangs. NONE were hard to come by. Initial build #s are nothing more than estimates and are fully open to expansion based sales.

Remember the instant classic Mach1s from a few years ago, 2500-3000 was the initial build #. 16,000 were produced. How about the 5-7K, 2 year GT500 run, now built by the tens of thousands. The absolute fact of the matter is that Ford WILL produce as many as they can sell and likely more which can clear the market with discounting and factory incentives. Your friendly, hometown Ford dealer will deny these facts as it is their financial interest to do so. This is one of many reasons why automobile retailers have such horrible stereotypes, they have earned it.

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
LOL!

As you have stated, Ford has expended considerable resources developing, engineering, refining, and marketing this car. These investments are not made on the corporate level with the idea of underselling the end product, doesn't work that way. Look at the all the prior SE Mustangs. NONE were hard to come by. Initial build #s are nothing more than estimates and are fully open to expansion based sales.

Remember the instant classic Mach1s from a few years ago, 2500-3000 was the initial build #. 16,000 were produced. How about the 5-7K, 2 year GT500 run, now built by the tens of thousands. The absolute fact of the matter is that Ford WILL produce as many as they can sell and likely more which can clear the market with discounting and factory incentives. Your friendly, hometown Ford dealer will deny these facts as it is their financial interest to do so. This is one of many reasons why automobile retailers have such horrible stereotypes, they have earned it.

My friendly Ford retailer told me none of this. What I know is from doing my research. You should try it, it is your friend.

Whether Ford makes the Boss past the 2 years planned, none of know. What we do know at this time, is that the 2012 allocations have ALL been handed out, and what is available is all of the 2012's that will be available. I don't care if you don't believe me, the dealership, or the many dozens of dealerships and Ford employees who have stated the same thing. It is what it is.

I'm sorry that you have dealt with nothing but shady retailers, but there is nothing that I can do about that. Try finding dealerships where the people have been there for 5-10-15-20 years, and you will find a dealership where the people have integrity, and look at things from the long term perspective (as in repeat business). They are out there. We have dealt with 2 of them so far................. when we bought our '01 Lightning, and with the business dealings of our local dealership.

The true fact being, we know more about the cars, and the realities of the business, than 99% of salespeople. So, we can spot BS a mile away (like the Ford salesperson in Mesa, who told me that ADM's come from Ford........... I laughed in his face).

BTW, if you would spend any time reading on employee forums, you would have known all about the allocation system long before the dealers did. Everyones story is the same.

BTW2, the Laguna Seca allocation from their other store is sold (by someone calling them due to my posting). It is a 4th quarter allocation. The standard Boss 302 is probably sold, but we do not know for sure yet. It is a 2nd quarter allocation.

MrBonus

Established Member
I have to wonder what the purpose of individually numbering them if Ford plans to build them in numbers greater than they originally stated.

drmustang

Banned
I also wonder what the strategy was of the dealerships who refused to take my money because they had no available allocations. :shrug:

There weren't many, if any available "allocations" for GT500s back in '06 when only 5,000 units were slated to be built. It looks like about 25,000 additional "allocations" magically appeared out of thin air since then with thousands more on the way because the car still sells. This is all about money and business. Ask a guy who got suckered into this type of nonsense with a GT500 how his investment in a rare, collectable, item is panning out. Learn from history guys. Ford is not building you an investment. The market for this type of vehicle at these prices is so small that it barely exists. There are scores of these cars allready advertised and looking for a home 3 weeks after release. There will be plenty of them to go around. You could buy yourself a parking lot full of them today. Are some of you guys that intoxicated with hype and enthusiasm or are just that dumb?

MrBonus

Established Member
There weren't many, if any available "allocations" for GT500s back in '06 when only 5,000 units were slated to be built. It looks like about 25,000 additional "allocations" magically appeared out of thin air since then with thousands more on the way because the car still sells. This is all about money and business. Ask a guy who got suckered into this type of nonsense with a GT500 how his investment in a rare, collectable, item is panning out. Learn from history guys. Ford is not building you an investment. The market for this type of vehicle at these prices is so small that it barely exists. There are scores of these cars allready advertised and looking for a home 3 weeks after release. There will be plenty of them to go around. You could buy yourself a parking lot full of them today. Are some of you guys that intoxicated with hype and enthusiasm or are just that dumb?

Just that dumb honestly. I like throwing large sums of money down a hole blindly.

drmustang

Banned
Just that dumb honestly. I like throwing large sums of money down a hole blindly.

Yeah, I've learned from experience over many years with this kinda stuff. I'm looking to buy one of these but not thrilled about the thought of paying full sticker(43,6xx) when a 2011 GT500 can be had for well under 50 with X plan which is below published invoice.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Yeah, I've learned from experience over many years with this kinda stuff. I'm looking to buy one of these but not thrilled about the thought of paying full sticker(43,6xx) when a 2011 GT500 can be had for well under 50 with X plan which is below published invoice.

those who want a Boss need to wait until the end of this year for when allocations are given out and orders are placed for the 2013 Boss, with whole different colors and stripe patterns. Not only will you be able to get any left over 2012 Bosses for cheap, but you'll find some very low mile, less than a year old Boss 302s popping up on the used market due to buyers wanting the 2013. There are already guys on The Mustang Source talking about ditching their 2012's once the 2013 order banks open up, and they've had them for a few weeks!

Also, the X-Plan option might change towards the end of the year, as well as other various incentives available for it.

Users who are viewing this thread