Anyone Interested in a Hellion BlowThrough setup?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I'm in florida and i've been curious about the blow thru. I mainly want it because the car is to stealth other than the open cut out. I want more attention and I miss the sounds of air vented to the atmosphere :) I guess i'm lucky not to be having these stalling problems.. I have a maf extender on the car right now, is that stock with the hellion kits?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Correct me if i'm wrong, but thinking back to my previous setup with a blow thru. I had driveability issues with my procharger setup as it would surge, and be rather interesting to drive under normal conditions, not when it was WOT. How would this differ on a turbo setup? Where is the maf located? Wouldn't you run into issues with the BOV being capable of controlling or releasing enough pressure to make everything work properly? I have zero issues with my draw thru setup, driveability is better than stock, I have a Hellion kit with a maf extender. The only reason I would want to go to a blow thru is so I can have it vented to the atmosphere (ricer effect).

Curiously awaiting. Not to bash on anyone but my car had a RWTD tune on it when I bought it, car ran like shit, took it to my tuner, purrrrssss like a kitten. Am I just lucky to have a skilled tuner in my area, because as we all know, James from RWTD is well known in the tuner world and his tune on my cobra belonged in the garbage.

TRBO VNM

with a tuner that knows what they are doing, blow thru should have no driveability issues with the turbo setup. I am surprised to hear about that from James.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
with a tuner that knows what they are doing, blow thru should have no driveability issues with the turbo setup. I am surprised to hear about that from James.

I know quite a few in this area that used him and have went another way since then and couldn't be happier. There's alot more to just tuning WOT on a car and i'll leave it at that.

TRBO VNM

I know quite a few in this area that used him and have went another way since then and couldn't be happier. There's alot more to just tuning WOT on a car and i'll leave it at that.

yeah, I know there is a lot more. WOT is easy. the rest of it is the tricky part. I know of some other shops that can tune WOT just fine, but their tunes are less than desirable for drivability.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Blow thru takes care of this issue 100%. I have personally done many of these conversion on Hellion cars and it always works. Adjusting the dashpot does not fix the issue, just watch the maf when you let off and you will see it.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
carlos, if you would bring it to me we can get it take care of. could have been done by now. :poke:

so what was the oil seeping issue?

oil issue was fixed with gasket maker. band aid for now but i have talked to many that use and race turbonetics turbos that have/had the same issue. weird but for now it will do. i have a precision 78gts sitting in my closet that i might drop in soon.

i've been driving my cobra and have noticed the stalling lately. could be change in climate. im interested in this kit cause it looks like it would be a direct swap. if anything i could drop it off at you place jason and have a custom kit made. i just dont feel like hunting down parts to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread