Anyone go from a Terminator to a Boss?

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
that raw feeling you like so much? thats the feeling of not getting the job done. the difference in handling is stark and that raw feeling of the older car is that car failing to do what the other car can.

quad

Established Member
^ throw some springs on that 4x4 and it would be less dramatic. Plus that terminator already looks lowered so it's not really a fair compare.

With those big wheels even lowering will make it tower over the Termi. Look how much higher the mirrors are (a few inches).

quad

Established Member
that raw feeling you like so much? thats the feeling of not getting the job done. the difference in handling is stark and that raw feeling of the older car is that car failing to do what the other car can.

I was at Cedar Point a few years ago and the older wooden roller coasters were more fun than the newer ones because they were more scary even when going slower lol! ;-)

But just how much of a difference are we talking here? With suspension upgrades on the Terminator (FTBR, Race Springs, Subframe, lowering etc.) how much better will the Boss handle? Anyone done a race around a track with the two (an upgraded Termi) to compare? You guys make it sound like the Boss is twice as fast and the Terminator is pure junk?!

Ratchet

Established Member
I have looked at a couple boss's locally the last couple weeks... School bus and comp orange... And i have to admit... I am having a hard time not thinking about them... Dammit. Lol :dancenana:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I was at Cedar Point a few years ago and the older wooden roller coasters were more fun than the newer ones because they were more scary even when going slower lol! ;-)

But just how much of a difference are we talking here? With suspension upgrades on the Terminator (FTBR, Race Springs, Subframe, lowering etc.) how much better will the Boss handle? Anyone done a race around a track with the two (an upgraded Termi) to compare? You guys make it sound like the Boss is twice as fast and the Terminator is pure junk?!

Even the non Brembo GTs are pretty quick around the road course compared to a modded Terminator.

I've been tempted numerous times to sell for a Boss but I can't bring myself to do it yet. :(

Jroc

Established Member

My Terminator had MM C/O's with their valved Bilsteins, MM FLSFC's, complete FTB built IRS, Kmember brace, it was counterbalance, and always had pretty sticky street tires, etc, and the base premium 2012 GT I drove would of easily beat it in the twisties. When I say I think my stock L is a better handling vehicle than my Cobra I'm not joking. To be honest my Cobra was much more flickable, quicker to respond to input, and felt noticeable more nimble being 1,005 lbs(going off factory ratings) lighter, but the three things my L does better in a turn than my Cobra are also the Cobras biggest handling issues. First the frontend gives up the ghost way too soon where my L has more frontend grip.(Terminators understeer way to much way too soon) Second my L will plant way more power in a turn than my Cobra.(it doesn't take much to spin the tires on a Terminator and doing so in a turn really amplifies this) Third my L is much more predictable when pushing it hard where a Foxbody/SN95 is very unpredictable when looking for it's limits. Seeing as how the new Mustangs are easily better handles than my L I feel sure that a Boss would be a hard car for a Terminator to match in a turn without basically turning it into a racecar.

A few years back I remember reading in the RR section on the Corral where someone started a thread asking how to make a Foxbody a better handling car than a C6Z, and the answer everyone gave him was you can't. The chassis/suspension/balance is just too inferior and outdated to do so. You might can beef it up enough, and give it enough tire to be able to outgrip/lap a new Z06, but to call it a legit better handling car it just won't happen with that platform. :shrug:

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member

pretty big difference my friend. i remember in 2006 a guy had a mustang gt racing american iron at road atlanta. he was heavy to the other cars and down on whp by at least 40. his car was spent the entire weekend nip and tuck with a rehagen racing sn95 grand am car.

the suspension package and setup tuning on the grand am car is far advanced to anything you might do with your termi.

if you like the terminator, thats great. facts are that the s197 chassis is just far superior to the sn95 platform. its supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread