Anyone go from a Terminator to a Boss?

TRMNTR

Established Member
I have an 04 Cobra. It's a great car and I love it, but I have had my eye on the Boss since day one.

I think we are going to start seeing some deals on the remaining '12 Boss cars that are still on the lots. So that's got me thinking it might be time to make a change.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the Boss is probably a better all around car, but I suspect it's not going to have the same kind of power that the Cobra does. (My car made 476rwhp/482rwtq). On the flip side, I think a stock Boss went 11.70s with drag radials which is pretty impressive.

My biggest concern with the Boss is that I might miss the power of the Cobra.

Any advice?

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
my advice is that 500whp on the street doesnt make any sense. you can't use it without looking like a 17 year old showing off for a girl or puffing up against the other guys. you can't use it on the street without increasing your chances of going to jail and/or killing someone.

the boss car you can drive well within the rules and full enjoy its elite level handling. entrance and exit ramps and country roads are a joy.

if you want to go to the drag strip, keep the terminator or buy something else.
if you want to jump traffic light to traffic light, keep the terminator or buy something else.

boss is a handling car for the road and for the road course. if that is what you want, buy it. in other words if you would be embarrassed to be seen driving a BMW M3, don't buy the Boss 302.

yes, i am a road course snob.

FKing1

Established Member
I went from a 550 HP 04 Mystichrome Cobra to a 319 HP Shelby GT to a 12 Boss.
I miss the 04 , but the Boss is a better all around car.
Only place I could use 550 HP was at the drag strip and I kept the tire shop in business.
You won't be sorry getting a Boss, the best Stang ever.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
been thinking about a boss 302 for a while now too. had a terminator with a kenne bell on it long ago. waiting for a 13 hoping for navi.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Having both, the Boss is the BEST car for all around stock for stock. The Termi's are a GREAT car, but the Boss is so much more refined in every aspect of driving that it is my favorite car to drive!

Granted the blower whine is awesome to hear at every blip of throttle!

The only bitch I have is the POS transmission in the Boss.

Mike

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I have had two 03-04 cobra coupes and one 04 vert. I liked all of those cars, but the Boss is a way better overall car. The cobra is so easy to make big power and looks great, but the boss is so well rounded and it so much fun to rev to 7500 rpm! Plus the build quality of the new cars is way ahead of the older cobras, especially the interior. Both cars have their pros and cons and are both fun cars so its kinda up to you. The cobras are way cheaper and I always like the IRS in those cars...

TRMNTR

Established Member
Great feedback guys. Keep it coming.

I think I'll have to go find one to drive and see if I fall in love with it.

The other thought is to find a nice 5.0 with the bells and whistles and use it for a daily driver. I don't know if I would want to daily drive the Boss.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
i've just gotten used to navi (really shitty ones too) and get lost all the time. it's a requirement. it should be an option.

it says it has a 4.2" screen for something. is that smaller than the navi screen?

FKing1

Established Member
The new 4.2" LCD message center ( I believe) is part of the instrument cluster and under the speedometer.
Also new is the my color feature that changes some light functions, not sure if interiors, instruments or both.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
My advice is to buy my Boss. It has a Kenne Bell and is making over 600 rwhp on 93 pump and 785 rwhp on high boost and c16! Its the best of both worlds...a Boss and great handling and also sick daily driveable power. Google "kenne Boss"

Grant808

Established Member

The other thought is to find a nice 5.0 with the bells and whistles and use it for a daily driver. I don't know if I would want to daily drive the Boss.

I traded an '03 'vert for the Boss. No regrets for my uses, but they aren't my DDs. I also have a loaded 401A/Brembo/3.73 GT for DD and track duty. Good luck getting a test drive in a Boss. Even the GTs handle way better than my Terminator...

If you're willing to mod the Boss, I think that's the way to go. Otherwise, get a GT and mod it 'til it does what you want.

Good luck deciding! :beer:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
My advice is to buy my Boss. It has a Kenne Bell and is making over 600 rwhp on 93 pump and 785 rwhp on high boost and c16! Its the best of both worlds...a Boss and great handling and also sick daily driveable power. Google "kenne Boss"

X2!

This car would be your answer to any Cobra Blues!

For the $, a GT versus a Boss, the Boss is more capable for high HP modding.

Mike

nccstud

Established Member
A couple things.. I daily drive my Boss(except for now in the winter) and it isn't a problem. Sure a premium GT would be more comfortable just cause it has way more possible features and what not, but the Boss is perfectly fine to drive daily(get the recaros!). There are good deals to be had on the 12s right now too, a few grand under sticker is never a bad thing.

Second, if you're worried about power, you should really look into that blown boss if that is the route you are thinking of taking. But that also depends on how much money you're willing to spend on a car. It all becomes personal choice in the end.

TRMNTR

Established Member

Very cool car. Tempting but not what I'm looking for.

TRMNTR

Established Member
I traded an '03 'vert for the Boss. No regrets for my uses, but they aren't my DDs. I also have a loaded 401A/Brembo/3.73 GT for DD and track duty. Good luck getting a test drive in a Boss. Even the GTs handle way better than my Terminator...

If you're willing to mod the Boss, I think that's the way to go. Otherwise, get a GT and mod it 'til it does what you want.

Good luck deciding! :beer:

Good info. Thanks. We'll see what happens.

TRMNTR

Established Member
A couple things.. I daily drive my Boss(except for now in the winter) and it isn't a problem. Sure a premium GT would be more comfortable just cause it has way more possible features and what not, but the Boss is perfectly fine to drive daily(get the recaros!). There are good deals to be had on the 12s right now too, a few grand under sticker is never a bad thing.

Second, if you're worried about power, you should really look into that blown boss if that is the route you are thinking of taking. But that also depends on how much money you're willing to spend on a car. It all becomes personal choice in the end.

More good feedback. I'd love to go to the 13 GT500, but I'm sure the prices will be ridiculous. It looks like there are deals on the 12 GT500 GT500s. That could be the ticket. There's still something very cool about the Boss though.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

I do. 40+ miles a day. It's fun!

I never owned a Cobra, but we do have a blown 500+rwhp 2010 Camaro. Even compared to that, the Boss still feels fast. Like it's always on the verge of just running away from you. It's a playful fast. Reminds me of my Lab puppy when we got him, it just wants to go. I don't know how else to explain it.

And a bonus, the forged innards are begging for boost when you get bored.

Users who are viewing this thread