Anyone get the Galaxy S4 yet?

UARPREY

Established Member
I recently gave up my S3 for a 4S. I was just tired of the Android-Bugs, phone always force closing apps, randomly shutting off and restarting, onscreen keyboard won't come up or go down, just all the time something pissing me off with that phone.

Reset it 100 times, even root and rommed, nothing would fix the bugs, even the update.

I'm glad I switched to Apple, I'm not saying I'd never go back to a Droid, but it'd have to be a MAJORLY upgraded/fixed version of Android.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I will be switching from an iphone 4s to either the HTC One or the s4, but I'm still a little undecided between the two phones.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but you (eventually) should be able to upgrade the OS of the HTC one to the same version being used on the gs4, right?

I have the One and love it (MUCH nicer than my old iPhone 5). The S4 is a darned good phone, too. You really can't lose either way.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Iv been trying to buy it online for the past few days, especially since over night shipping is only ~20 bucks, but I guess they changed their plans/plan options in the past 2 years because it says i have to go into the store to purchase. The stores dont get them until the 8th due to over demand. I think on my free day tomorrow Im going to go into the store and see if i can get it cleared up, then buy it online right after and have it by sunday :banana:

I have been waiting for this phone for easily 8/9 months, and once i solved the bb vs touchscreen dilemma (i loved my 9700) I never once thought about any other phone to get besides the G4. It wasnt untill this week that iv been thinking seriously about getting the HTC one. I dont think i will, but they seem to be just about equal. I love my galaxy, i'd rather stay in the family.

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I bought the S4 yesterday and it's a really nice phone. I like it a lot so far, but I haven't really messed with it to the full extent just yet.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Just picked mine up. It is absolutely worlds better than the iPhone 4 (or 5 really). It is a night and day difference. iPhone 5 was just more of the same (and the 5s will be just a tad better than the 5, typical Apple). The S4 has so many features that the iPhone 5 doesn't have, it's absurd. I'll most likely never own another Apple product again, and this is coming from a guy who has owned every single one up to the iPhone4s.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Im slowly turning away my gf from apple products. She has an iphone 4s and I have a noteII and she gets pretty jelly over how much more the note II can do over her iphone. Im talking her into the s4 seems like an awesome phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
BlueSnake, if you're a Costco member you can pre-order the S4 phone (Verizon) and get a free accessory kit that includes two leather cases and a car charger. Shipping to you is free, of course, and there is no activation fee (if you moved to AT&T from another carrier).

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Seen it yesterday and it didnt look any different from my wifes SG3. Although I've seen the different features I wouldnt get it, but my wife wants it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
BlueSnake, if you're a Costco member you can pre-order the S4 phone (Verizon) and get a free accessory kit that includes two leather cases and a car charger. Shipping to you is free, of course, and there is no activation fee (if you moved to AT&T from another carrier).
Pre-orders are also done thru Verizon but that Costco kit sounds like a sweet deal! Thing is though, im paying for it full price since I dont wanna lose unlimited.

Also, big rumours are that Verizon's HTC One is being showcased on May 22nd. So I think I wanna wait a bit before I decide for the S4.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Pre-orders are also done thru Verizon but that Costco kit sounds like a sweet deal! Thing is though, im paying for it full price since I dont wanna lose unlimited.

Also, big rumours are that Verizon's HTC One is being showcased on May 22nd. So I think I wanna wait a bit before I decide for the S4.

I've been back and forth over the HTC One and the S4, but my contract isn't up til August, so I'm hoping to see what Google and Motorola have up their sleeve before I decide.

One thing I have decided is that I'll be ditching Verizon. So tired of them charging out the ass and acting like they are the best thing since sliced bread just because they have a good network. Releasing new phones almost a month after all the other carriers is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Google and huge phone manufacturing companies can test for bugs a bit better than a bunch of tools at verizon. When they say the phone is ready for release, it's ready. I'll be switching to T-mobile, who just released 4G in my area, plus far cheaper (and actual unlimited) data plans. My fiance and I will save probably $60 bucks a month between the two of us.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I've been back and forth over the HTC One and the S4, but my contract isn't up til August, so I'm hoping to see what Google and Motorola have up their sleeve before I decide.

One thing I have decided is that I'll be ditching Verizon. So tired of them charging out the ass and acting like they are the best thing since sliced bread just because they have a good network. Releasing new phones almost a month after all the other carriers is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Google and huge phone manufacturing companies can test for bugs a bit better than a bunch of tools at verizon. When they say the phone is ready for release, it's ready. I'll be switching to T-mobile, who just released 4G in my area, plus far cheaper (and actual unlimited) data plans. My fiance and I will save probably $60 bucks a month between the two of us.
I dont mind them releasing the phones late, a bit annoying yes but its not a i have to have it type of thing. I love their CS, no problems on their network and my 4G connection is my internet which I have no problems at all. So im a happy camper. Not too sure on T-Mo but I believe they are capped, so its pretty pointless having 4G unlimited if they'll cap you.

My deal breaker for the HTC One would be the SD slot, its a must have for me. Aside from that, its a toss up between the S4 and Htc One. I gave up on Google and Motorola a long time ago, the Galaxy Nexus was a huge letdown and the Razr phones are nothing to praise about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread