Anyone get the Galaxy S4 yet?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Does it fit the hype? Right now I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE which I love, but I'm curious if it's worth the upgrade. If you have one then post up some reviews.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Considering the SG III was and still IS an awesome phone, I'm sure it will.

Same size, larger screen, quad 1.6ghz cores, 1080P screen, up to 64GB SD expansion, 13MP Camera.

JbeastJ

Established Member
Just picked up one yesterday, still picking up on what all it can do compared to my old phone. But, I"m very happy with it :rockon:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Not a huge jump like the Galaxy S2 was to the Galaxy S3 from what ive seen in the reviews (their word as well). Still looks like a great phone and I'm considering it over the Note 2.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
does anyone know if theres a way to switch all of your Itunes music from your iphone to a galaxy device?

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I was in between this and the HTC one, can't lose either way imo. The Samsung seems to be able to have more tricks but the HTC one won it for me with the build quality. I previously had a thunderbolt from HTC and the one is a huge upgrade.

MLMike25

Established Member
I will be switching from an iphone 4s to either the HTC One or the s4, but I'm still a little undecided between the two phones.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but you (eventually) should be able to upgrade the OS of the HTC one to the same version being used on the gs4, right?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my contract is up for renewal and im looking to switch from my iphone 4s to something else. looking at the S4 as well. interested in the Note too. anyone know when the next Note is due out? i dont want to wait forever to upgrade to the next phone.

only part that sucks is im still grandfathered in with my unlimited data plan with iphone. if i switch phones they'll put me on a tiered plan. not that i use a ton of data though.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
my contract is up for renewal and im looking to switch from my iphone 4s to something else. looking at the S4 as well. interested in the Note too. anyone know when the next Note is due out? i dont want to wait forever to upgrade to the next phone.

only part that sucks is im still grandfathered in with my unlimited data plan with iphone. if i switch phones they'll put me on a tiered plan. not that i use a ton of data though.

The next Note probably won't be out until the end of Q4.

My friend came down to visit weeks back. I was showing him and his wife my S3 and Note II and they were blown away. They have been using nothing but iPhones for years. He just left for deployment again the other day but got her the S4 before leaving. They were sold after using my phones. She said she loves it and will never own an iPhone again after using her S4. He is getting one when he comes back from deployment.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
If you won't be using the S-Pen, I'd honestly get the S4. They will be similar in specs and those are really the only things to separate them from each other aside from the screen sizes. They are also coming out with the MEGA which is going to be a bigger screen than the Note III (I think 6.3inch screen).

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Where did you hear the end of Q4? I've read it will be released during Q3 :shrug:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That was a typo. It will be releasing somewhere between the time the Note II was released most likely but it's all speculation as there is no actual release date. Samsung did mention Q3, probably sometime late summer/fall.

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Where did you hear the end of Q4? I've read it will be released during Q3 :shrug:

From what I understand it comes to the U.S.A. late November early December.

If you won't be using the S-Pen, I'd honestly get the S4. They will be similar in specs and those are really the only things to separate them from each other aside from the screen sizes. They are also coming out with the MEGA which is going to be a bigger screen than the Note III (I think 6.3inch screen).

x2. The screen size is pretty close to the note 2. If you will not use the s pen then get the s4. I messed with the s4 and it seems really nice. The only problem I had is that the screen is so close to the edge that when I used it with one hand and had to reach to the other side of the screen with my thumb the meaty part of my palm would touch the screen and make it open something I didn't mean to.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
just bought a Nexus 4 by Google, i love it.

i was dead set on an iphone or galaxy but the Nexus is awesome to me.

Users who are viewing this thread