Anyone get the Galaxy S4 yet?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I was playing with a co worker's S4. It feels COMPLETELY different in your hand than the S3, much more comfortable IMO.
Tried them both yesterday and the S4 felt more refined and better to hold on to. They are VERY similar next to each other and about the same height even though the S4 has a slightly bigger screen. Both felt great and upgrade my wife to an S3, she loved it.

Looks like they took more cues from the Note 2 which IMO is a great thing.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
my contract is up for renewal and im looking to switch from my iphone 4s to something else. looking at the S4 as well. interested in the Note too. anyone know when the next Note is due out? i dont want to wait forever to upgrade to the next phone.

only part that sucks is im still grandfathered in with my unlimited data plan with iphone. if i switch phones they'll put me on a tiered plan. not that i use a ton of data though.

Being grandfathered with the unlimited data plan should have nothing to do with phone choice.

Ive had unlimited data since my first iphone and still have it with my SGS3. You shouldn't have an issue keeping it.

However, it may be wise to check your usage. With wifi becoming more and more prevalent, you might find you do not use more than half a gig or so of data from the towers.

iirc the next Note will probably be late fall release.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I was gonna get the s4 but there wasn't enough of a difference to pull me away from my s3. After having the s3 for a while do you guys notice the auto correct is effed up? It will show you the correct spelling but it won't change the word automatically. WTF? Does the s4 do this too? After googling it it seems like its a known issue since the last update on verizon. Anyone else notice this? Kind of a big deal imo!?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I was gonna get the s4 but there wasn't enough of a difference to pull me away from my s3. After having the s3 for a while do you guys notice the auto correct is effed up? It will show you the correct spelling but it won't change the word automatically. WTF? Does the s4 do this too? After googling it it seems like its a known issue since the last update on verizon. Anyone else notice this? Kind of a big deal imo!?

I've never had this issue. Then again, I never use the stock keyboard/correction.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went in to have my Evo Shift replaced and found out I could upgrade. I went with the S4 and I'm loving it. I still have a ton to learn too.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

LOL who runs a stock keyboard. Both Swype and swiftkey are better.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Google and Samsung dropped a bomb today, they will team up and release a S4 running 100% stock Android this summer. Cost will be $649.

Blown 89

Established Member
Google and Samsung dropped a bomb today, they will team up and release a S4 running 100% stock Android this summer. Cost will be $649.
The biggest news is that Google is pushing the updates directly. They took the best of the Nexus line and addressed all of it's problems. Too bad about the price though :(

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Those are actually great news for S4 owners. Its gonna open up doors for the modders. Sucks for CDMA owners like myself. I wouldve waited for this toy instead, oh well back to May 30th.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Release date June 26 unlocked for T-Mo and ATT only, LTE support also. Big blow for the rest of the guys.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
question for Note owners. can you write notes on pictures you take? thats one that that really interests me. if i can take pictures of parts/orders and write notes on them.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I finally got mine a couple of days ago and its beyond amazing. The speed, the definition, the stupid gimmicks are all awesome

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

testorossa1989

Established Member
I was caught between the two going from droid 3 and i just opted to go with the s3 because new technology has bugs and besides the camera whats the point?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
question for Note owners. can you write notes on pictures you take? thats one that that really interests me. if i can take pictures of parts/orders and write notes on them.

Well you could put the picture into s note and add notes but you can t just scribble on pictures from the gallery I don't think.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

alex3610

Established Member
What's the battery life like? Got a Droid razr maxx right now on verizon and have become very accustomed to the long last battery.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Yes and no.

I took a picture of my computer screen.

8G6KSD4l.png

I go into options...

iXVYaDll.png

I click draw on image. It rotates the image and turns the screen write...

R5ouwvil.png

Later when viewing the image in the gallery, it shows the little tab in the upper right corner showing you that the image has a note. When you click that tab, it flips the image over showing you the note.

jX3JdCOl.jpg

Now to straight up MS-Paint over a picture you took takes a different, non-factory app.

Users who are viewing this thread