Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You just stated that the 350 handles better. What does 6lbs boost give you...700hp?

I just got done reading two year old post at how the zl1 was going to destroy the R. And how the R barely beat the z28. Now the data is out and it's the zl1 is far closer to the R than the R is to the z28.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You just stated that the 350 handles better. What does 6lbs boost give you...700hp?

I just got done reading two year old post at how the zl1 was going to destroy the R. And how the R barely beat the z28. Now the data is out and it's the zl1 is far closer to the R than the R is to the z28.

Lol... its like talking to a wall here.

Yeah the 350 handles better than the Trinity (13/14 Shelby) NOT the ZL1.

This says different, not to mention that the ZL1 1LE will really widen the gap!

IMG_8193.JPG

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I never said to compare a blown gt350 to a stock zl1. I said ford fans currently only have that option. Performance wise, sure it will keep up with a zl1, I have no doubt there, but I don't like stock vs nodded discussion. A manufacturer has a tougher act to fill, it's easy to surpass factory metrics. A zl1 guy with $5-10k of mods will have a beast.

My point was for ford fans, a blown gt350tp will be very nice.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lol... its like talking to a wall here.

Yeah the 350 handles better than the Trinity (13/14 Shelby) NOT the ZL1.

This says different, not to mention that the ZL1 1LE will really widen the gap!

View attachment 93129

You like showing how a car with what 150 more hp barely beat the R and horsepower track don't you...

I never said it handled better than the zl1 or the R. I'm stating the extra horsepower can make up the difference providing they're on the same tire.

Steve Cea

Established Member
My 2003 Cobra absolutely ate up a Hellcat , I can care less the year ! I'll put that little cobra up against any so called factory drag racer , and with a few more bolt ons bring on the demon !!! Pfft

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
3 things about that roster.

1. Different days and different weather means it's all junk.
2. The gt350r and zl1 are probably 1+ seconds faster around big willow on a hot sticky track with better conditions.
3. Big willow is a bullet track.

Remember this is the real story for handling.

image.jpeg

7 of the 13 measured points went to the gt350r regarding g's. G's and handling are much more correlative than mph. Big willow is a bullet track, and the zl1 has 650/650 vs 526/429.

For the umpteenth time, the gt350/r are boss/ls successors. Ford is just behind on the gt500 program. Anyone can see this is the case.

My opinion: based on the fact the manual zl1 was .1 slower around the figure 8 than the gt350r, I believe the gt350r handles better than the zl1. The figure 8 is much more in line with handling and feel than a bullet tracks lap time.

My opinion: for small tight handling circuits, the gt350r is quicker overall. The zl1 will post a higher top speed on track though.

For medium and balanced tracks like leguna seca, it's a drivers race.

For large high speed tracks like big willow or VIR, it's the zl1's race to lose.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I would love to see Ford go different and go T.T. V-8 auto option, light weight and look good too. I would prefer IRS which it should have I think a SRA option would be bad ass but know that could never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I never said to compare a blown gt350 to a stock zl1. I said ford fans currently only have that option. Performance wise, sure it will keep up with a zl1, I have no doubt there, but I don't like stock vs nodded discussion. A manufacturer has a tougher act to fill, it's easy to surpass factory metrics. A zl1 guy with $5-10k of mods will have a beast.

My point was for ford fans, a blown gt350tp will be very nice.

You didnt. ON D BIT did. 350 not made for boost, unfortunately. Playing with fire.

You like showing how a car with what 150 more hp barely beat the R and horsepower track don't you...

I never said it handled better than the zl1 or the R. I'm stating the extra horsepower can make up the difference providing they're on the same tire.

You talk about the extra power like its a bad thing! Lmao... thats how biased you are.

My 2003 Cobra absolutely ate up a Hellcat , I can care less the year ! I'll put that little cobra up against any so called factory drag racer , and with a few more bolt ons bring on the demon !!! Pfft

Dont forget about that cargo room and legendary status!! Btw, did you use a driving glove?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
HP bad? No not all. Usable HP is amazing. Blown applications on track is nothing more than hero times in the first three laps. After that it's all downhill.

Ford is not behind with anything. It's only been 2 years since the 350 debut. If we want a subpar vehicle with no driving dynamics and all stats like the zl1's the 500 would be out by now.

If we want a 500 that's compared to vehicles costing 3 times as much we should be patient. The 350 took 3 years to develope. Best driving car at any price range was the constant praise for this car...

Steve Cea

Established Member
You didnt. ON D BIT did. 350 not made for boost, unfortunately. Playing with fire.

You talk about the extra power like its a bad thing! Lmao... thats how biased you are.

Dont forget about that cargo room and legendary status!! Btw, did you use a driving glove?
Cargo room not so much , legendary status you bet your ass !! The 03/04 Cobra gave you everything you see today and anyone who thinks that's not true knows nothing about car history !! Besides the lightning SVT that is a monster in its own right but that's a truck ,in the car world show me another MASS PRODUCED performance car that came from the factory with a blower !! Only car that comes to mind is the Buick Grand National but those as we all know we're V6 Turbos nothing before the Cobra even came close , they didn't call it the Terminator for nothing !!! it responds so incredibly well to bolt ons and mods you can pull well over 1000 hp out of these cars if you really want to ! You still see them eating up the much heavier GT500 with just a few mods , also 4wheel independent suspension ,Ford didn't go back to that until 2015 ??? Mine lays down 650 hp to the wheels, and has only 7500 miles !!! I add a 150 shot at the track well I'm sure you can do the math ! I've run 10.1 consistently in the quarter with wheel spin ( still trying to find my best launch RPM LOL ) so yeah very legendary status , it's why nice examples still sell for well over 20k , new was only 34 k , high performance bargain in history !!!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine lays down 650 hp to the wheels, and has only 7500 miles !!! I add a 150 shot at the track well I'm sure you can do the math ! I've run 10.1 consistently in the quarter with wheel spin ( still trying to find my best launch RPM LOL )
So,.......you have mods AND also run a 150 shot of nitrous and are in the 10's?!?
Demon is in the 9's. Stock form. With warranty.

I'm not a fan boy for any manufacturer as I own a Dodge, (my second RAM truck), and a Ford Mustang. I understand where you're coming from with the Cobra and it's heritage and being the forerunner to power/torque and being quick.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Cargo room not so much , legendary status you bet your ass !! The 03/04 Cobra gave you everything you see today and anyone who thinks that's not true knows nothing about car history !! Besides the lightning SVT that is a monster in its own right but that's a truck ,in the car world show me another MASS PRODUCED performance car that came from the factory with a blower !! Only car that comes to mind is the Buick Grand National but those as we all know we're V6 Turbos nothing before the Cobra even came close , they didn't call it the Terminator for nothing !!! it responds so incredibly well to bolt ons and mods you can pull well over 1000 hp out of these cars if you really want to ! You still see them eating up the much heavier GT500 with just a few mods , also 4wheel independent suspension ,Ford didn't go back to that until 2015 ??? Mine lays down 650 hp to the wheels, and has only 7500 miles !!! I add a 150 shot at the track well I'm sure you can do the math ! I've run 10.1 consistently in the quarter with wheel spin ( still trying to find my best launch RPM LOL ) so yeah very legendary status , it's why nice examples still sell for well over 20k , new was only 34 k , high performance bargain in history !!!

I own one, it's old and dated.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Termi!!! FTW!!!!

(How'd i do?)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
14 years old and only 7500 miles? Wow that must be a car that you love to drive. No offense but that tells me you don't like the car at all and you do everything in your power to drive something else....

Or are you saying the 03/04 mustang cobra is only fun to drive 1320 at a time?

Users who are viewing this thread