Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lmao... hybred? Ok.

Thanks, I like it too.

You and I want very much the same thing. Cheers to that.

Lmao... you cant be serious man... for like the 10th time, yes you are wrong. He wants that PLUS real power. 700+

Actually yeah, 07-12 500s are underpowered by today's standards BUT and big BUT, unlike the naturally aspirated R, they can very easily add tons more power by doing some simple bolt ons, in order to keep them relevant in the streets.

For the 11th time, NO it doesnt have everything that he, along with many others, are asking for. Which is a monster power plant.

And for the 1k time how? Porsche has not done it. They keep their power and their track machines separated. Even the gtr is down on power occurring to you.

800hp 3k lbs that can turn like a go cart plus you want it all for what $60k?

Huracan no not enough power.
SV no not light enough
488 still too much weight
GT2RS needs more power
GTR too much weight not close on power
ACR needs power
720s now we're close but look at that price...

Yada yada yada

paluka21

Established Member
800hp 3k lbs that can turn like a go cart plus you want it all for what $60k?

Huracan no not enough power.
SV no not light enough
488 still too much weight
GT2RS needs more power
GTR too much weight not close on power
ACR needs power
720s now we're close but look at that price...

Yada yada yada

I think you're assuming far too much and putting words in people's mouths. 800hp, 3k-lbs, $60K, and turns like a go-kart? You must be speaking in hyperbole's! Nobody on here is looking for that. Are you?
On a side note, you must really admire what Dodge has accomplished with the Hellcats given their price point, straight line performance capabilities, big brakes, stout auto transmission, 707 under-rated horsepower, and plenty of apps/info. All for under $70,000 new.
Another thread that's been steered off topic because posters have to come on here and act like know-it-all's and people like [me] take the bait.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You said lighter weight. I'm assuming you were talking of the 3900 gt500.
You seem to be referring to more power than 660 from the gt500 even though you did not mention power in the original quoted post.
I inferred you wanted cornering. After all if you did not the 13/14 would be great for you.

Go buy the zl1. It has what you want and is available at a discount!

Why track apps though. That's more computers more weights more luxury not for someone who only cares about performance.

paluka21

Established Member
You said lighter weight. I'm assuming you were talking of the 3900 gt500.
You seem to be referring to more power than 660 from the gt500 even though you did not mention power in the original quoted post.
I inferred you wanted cornering. After all if you did not the 13/14 would be great for you.

Go buy the zl1. It has what you want and is available at a discount!

Why track apps though. That's more computers more weights more luxury not for someone who only cares about performance.

I listed items which I would personally like to see. Logic states that not all "wants" translate to "haves". In a perfect scenario producing the next model GT500 lighter than 3900 pounds would more desirable than porking the car up to the weight of a Dodge Challenger or Charger Hellcat. And it's possible.
And I suppose that since I did not mention more power in my original post that I should take a demerit for not appeasing you by listing it? Are you claiming to be the post patrol and tally each option potential new GT500 owners would like to see on their "wish list"? Or do you just like to subtly stalk people on here in your genuine interest as to their likes/dislikes?

Gauges, track apps, and insight as to things like: oil pressure, fuel pressure, and digital displays of the actual advanced track mode or suspension you're in, rather than a generic pop-up display after pushing a button 5, 6, or 7 times. Data that the driver of a car like the GT500 may want to know without being forced to hit the aftermarket.

ZL1 is indeed a heck of a car, but I'll leave purchasing one up to someone else. But thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If it is indeed a 5.0 twins it should be bewteen 3.9k and 4k. If they go smaller it could be less weight. Which would be sweet. Have not seen anything to suggest that though.

olaosunt

Established Member
I guess I don't get it... if you want a GT-500 on the s550 platform - buy a s550 and BUILD one... then you get everything you want - exactly the way you want it.
I'm not dissing the 350 or the 500 - they are lovely - but it's not like whatever comes from the factory as a GT-500 isn't gonna be modified to make it faster by someone who is talking about drag / street cars... so - just cut out the Shelby middle-man branding and markup and build your own beast the way you want it for how you will be driving it - for less $$$...

That's what I did .
covered both options of FI/transmissions and had my own "5.2 alluminator XS plus(sleeves)/minus(cams)" built.

1.Base(seats swapped for Fx1) S550/3.2 KB-8 rib/Tremec magnum XL/sleeved 5.2(11:1)/GT350 heads(stock cams-GT 350 spec cams have been on back order for ever,upgraded springs) =950 rwhp@19 lbs on E85.

2.Premium/recaro/S550/Hellion twin 55's/built auto-converter-2 step/sleeved 5.2(11:1)/GT 350 heads(stock cams-upgraded springs)=1100 rwhp@18 lbs on E85.
Approximately $35k into each build including supporting mods-fuel/suspension.
Not including labor since I cant turn a wrench.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
Lol.
No , the $35K does not include the cost of the car.
The premium car alone is $35K new.
5.2 sleeved long block(including GT 350 heads) is about $15K including other engine hardware like ARP head studs/crank gear/OPG/head cooling mod/secondary chains/tensioner bracket/billet dowel pins/brace.
Power adder, TT or 3.2 KB with 8 rib is another $10K including gauges(boost,fuel,oil pressure and temp) and boost controller.
Fuel system and ID1300 injector is almost $4K.
Long tube headers on blower car is $1K.
Trunk mount ice tank plus upgraded pump on blower car, another $1K.
Add another $1K for tuning and device.
Tremec swap is another $4-5K.
$2k to build auto including labor.

Suspension is (both)drag springs and adjustable Koni's up front/Vikings in the rear.
One piece DS(both).

IRS mods- all BMR on TT and Steeda on KB.
Ford racing/DSS half shafts.
Aerospace drag brakes F&R on TT(dual in rear).
Baer F/R on KB.
Each car now has 2 sets of drag wheels.
17x9.5 /15x8 slicks(Hoosier/MT) / bias ply 17 skinnies for KB.
17x9.5/ET R's(305/45) and M&H(275/50) /sportsman 17 skinnies /225/17 street tires.

Ouch! It adds up but was done over the last couple of years.
I have already lost an alluminator(plus stock blocks) ,non sleeved block(cracked in the valley) and replaced rotating assembly in a 5.2 block(hydrolocking when head gaskets failed)
Still have one good set of heads and rotating assembly out of cracked block

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think the temporary solution for mustang fans is to buy a 17 gt350 track and tech pack equipped car, as well as a whipple and pulley it for 6-7psi. Easy 650whp, maybe a total of $60k, and you're driving it this month.

Get some wheels and tires, maybe some inlet and exhaust work, whatever floats the boat.

Bottom line is ford wants to get the gt500 right and for whatever reason needs more time. I'm guessing it'll be an 18/19 swan song/halo edition. Probably go on sale this year in December or tops November.

The trinity cars were 13/14 right at the end of the s197, the terminator was 03/04 at the end of sn95, and even the 93 cobra r was right at the end of fox. Basically, the monster svt's come out on ending points of the product life cycle.

All of the domestic performance lineup is a great value and very worthy of appreciation. I just prefer the Mustangs at this time for my own overall value/smiles per mile kudos.

paluka21

Established Member
I think the temporary solution for mustang fans is to buy a 17 gt350 track and tech pack equipped car, as well as a whipple and pulley it for 6-7psi. Easy 650whp, maybe a total of $60k, and you're driving it this month.

Get some wheels and tires, maybe some inlet and exhaust work, whatever floats the boat.

Bottom line is ford wants to get the gt500 right and for whatever reason needs more time. I'm guessing it'll be an 18/19 swan song/halo edition. Probably go on sale this year in December or tops November.

The trinity cars were 13/14 right at the end of the s197, the terminator was 03/04 at the end of sn95, and even the 93 cobra r was right at the end of fox. Basically, the monster svt's come out on ending points of the product life cycle.

All of the domestic performance lineup is a great value and very worthy of appreciation. I just prefer the Mustangs at this time for my own overall value/smiles per mile kudos.

A '17 GT350 with boost definitely puts up more than respectable numbers. But, that wouldn't be a solution for those who want to keep the warranty on the car. For those who don't care about warranty and are willing to replace the motor, transmission, etc on a new car if they break, then that's definitely an option.

I agree with you that Ford wants to get this right considering all the competition on the market currently. With the GT350 still being sold as 2018 MY's, I would be surprised to see Ford release a MY 2018 GT500 car in addition to the '350. But I may be surprised.
This has been the first hiatus for the GT500 since 2007, so whatever Ford comes out with it will be impressive and sought after.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

$60k total? Yeah, thats NOT happening. Lol

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
$60k can buy you the car and the blower. If you do wheels and so on, then it'll keep growing from there. Like I said, add on whatever floats the boat.

Gt350's can be had at $50k, the blower packs are $9k. If you have someone install it, plan another $1500.

A zl1 is a $63k+ car. My point is a person can get similar power from a gt350 right around that price point.

I'd be much happier if Ford had a gt500 out now but for the present time, a blown gt350 is about what we can lay claim to. This motor loves low boost even more than the coyote roadrunner. It'd be pretty safe with 6-7psi and a great tune.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
$60k can buy you the car and the blower. If you do wheels and so on, then it'll keep growing from there. Like I said, add on whatever floats the boat.

Gt350's can be had at $50k, the blower packs are $9k. If you have someone install it, plan another $1500.

A zl1 is a $63k+ car. My point is a person can get similar power from a gt350 right around that price point.

I'd be much happier if Ford had a gt500 out now but for the present time, a blown gt350 is about what we can lay claim to. This motor loves low boost even more than the coyote roadrunner. It'd be pretty safe with 6-7psi and a great tune.

Gt350s cannot be bought for $50K man. Maybe used/worn out and bare bones non track pack car.

You are more realistically looking at $60k plus for the 350 and another 10K plus for a basic blower kit. Then you'll have a car with no warranty, a car that will loose its handling characteristics thanks to the additional 100lbs out front/on top. And potential clutch/tranny/motor reliability issues for a total of $70k plus dollars.

Lmao. NO THANKS.

Its asinine for you to try and compare that modded 350 to the ZL1, when even the mighty R model cant even out do the ZL1.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes you can, there's a "16" in Naples FL, lighting blue for $50,495

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 without the track pack.

We are talking about 2017s or at least a 2016 with track pack. Try to find one of those for $50K. Good luck.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not just get a 13/14 500?

The base GT350 with blower would be faster on track than the R or zl1 at big willow. But then again no warranty.

Trinity cars, although awesome, dont handle like 350, not even close.

"Base 350 with a blower would be faster than the R or ZL1" eh?

Did you really just bust out THAT argument!?!?! Lol...

Where is that data???

Users who are viewing this thread