Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
An item's value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Some people can pay $150k for a Demon like I would pay for a cup of coffee . I don't resent them or feel any need to berate them. Neither do I blame a dealer for trying to get the most for a product he can. He might want a cool car, too.

Save your keystrokes. That topic is like robots seeing something they shouldn't on Westworld.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not as much as this....sorry I was off...767bhp to the rear wheels, which is more like 900bhp at the crank. Still think a GT500 can hang?
View attachment 1540934
Actually,...........now that you mention it. lol Don't the modded '13-'14 GT500 cars make about/close to that rwhp and rwtq??
I hope you're not referring to the new GT500. That car isn't even out yet?

paluka21

Established Member
Actually,...........now that you mention it. lol Don't the modded '13-'14 GT500 cars make about/close to that rwhp and rwtq??

On higher octane or corn, plus all boltons. Probably can’t achieve with stock blower. Or, maybe I’m wrong.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

On higher octane or corn, plus all boltons. Probably can’t achieve with stock blower. Or, maybe I’m wrong.

A personal friend of mine who is local to me had a 2013 GT500 that made 700+ to the wheels on pump gas and the original blower. I may not recall all the mods, but I believe this is the list...

Smaller blower pulley (2.4-2.5?)
American Racing long tubes
3" exhaust
Cat-less x-pipe
Dual Boost-a-pump
Injectors
CobraJet mono-blade throttle body.

Same setup on race fuel and a more aggressive tune and he was just about 770 at the wheels. Like, north or 765, but not all the way to 770.

There may be some small stuff that was done that I don't recall, but that was the basics. Later he had the bottom end redone, custom heads and cams, and a 4.0L(?) KB, switch to corn and made just over 1,000 at the wheels.

Sadly, dude lost the car on the dyno trying to squeeze more out of it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bolt-on stock blower GT500s are around 750rwhp on 93 octane. 800rwhp with all bolt-ons and octane/E85.
I’m still talking stock 2.3 TVS. Built motor, cams, ported, fully maximized 2.3 TVS my car made 965rwhp SAE on E85.
My point is that the GT500 is a great platform, but what I respect on the Demon is that we’re talking stock power. Gotta give SRT credit, that car is solid.
At same time, I expect the new 500 to be the best all around American muscle car we’ve seen.
Can’t wait for 1/14.
-J

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Bolt-on stock blower GT500s are around 750rwhp on 93 octane. 800rwhp with all bolt-ons and octane/E85.
I’m still talking stock 2.3 TVS. Built motor, cams, ported, fully maximized 2.3 TVS my car made 965rwhp SAE on E85.
My point is that the GT500 is a great platform, but what I respect on the Demon is that we’re talking stock power. Gotta give SRT credit, that car is solid.
At same time, I expect the new 500 to be the best all around American muscle car we’ve seen.
Can’t wait for 1/14.
-J

Yeah and a modded Demon can put 900 to the wheels. Why are we talking mods? I have a full factory warranty. Bolt that on for size!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah and a modded Demon can put 900 to the wheels. Why are we talking mods? I have a full factory warranty. Bolt that on for size!
You can have the warranty, I’ll take the win light.
If someone really wanted to race, they wouldn’t choose a 4200+# sled.
Not really impressive to buy a stock Demon and never race it. Anyone can buy one if they have the funds.
-J

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
You can have the warranty, I’ll take the win light.
If someone really wanted to race, they wouldn’t choose a 4200+# sled.
Not really impressive to buy a stock Demon and never race it. Anyone can buy one if they have the funds.
-J

Where do you suggest I race it? Englishtown, NJ closed down. Closet 1/4 strip is over 2 hours away. Don't feel like trailering the car there or putting those many miles on her just to get to a track.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really up to me to tell you where to race your drag car.
I guess this would be the equivalent of ordering a 350R but never taking it on track.
Hopefully you find a way to get to a strip, it’ll be an exciting and humbling experience. For now, keeping quoting Hennessy dyno graphs.
I’m confident you’ll run a 9.65 in the spring.
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Where do you suggest I race it? Englishtown, NJ closed down. Closet 1/4 strip is over 2 hours away. Don't feel like trailering the car there or putting those many miles on her just to get to a track.
Your can is nothing if you’re only driving it on the street. Real impressive 0-23mph in 4 seconds of New York City traffic! Damn I could do that with a $300 truck off the side of the road...
You crack me up. Now your car is not good enough you have brag about modded power? Once you mod the only limitation is your wallet both the car nor manufacturer! Nice!!

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Your can is nothing if you’re only driving it on the street. Real impressive 0-23mph in 4 seconds of New York City traffic! Damn I could do that with a $300 truck off the side of the road...

You crack me up. Now your car is not good enough you have brag about modded power? Once you mod the only limitation is your wallet both the car nor manufacturer! Nice!!

Sonny boy, learn to follow a conversation. People were bragging about how modded Stangs could get more than a stock Demon. Cool. Go mod a Demon was my point.

Ever see how empty a NYC highway is at 6am on a perfect morning? No cops. No cars. Perfect place to open up the beast. If you find my pee pee, let me know, I miss it!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sonny boy, learn to follow a conversation. People were bragging about how modded Stangs could get more than a stock Demon. Cool. Go mod a Demon was my point.

Ever see how empty a NYC highway is at 6am on a perfect morning? No cops. No cars. Perfect place to open up the beast. If you find my pee pee, let me know, I miss it!
I gotta be honest, if not on a track, I’m sure the Demon is a beast on empty straight roads.
I still think if you’re not going to the track, the Widebody Redeye is the killer street SRT to have.
And tuning or not, I ignore the stock only comparisons as I look at all cars as in what potential do they offer for my goals.
For some cars like my Hellcat Charger, that means little to no mods; for others like my Shelby, it’s the kitchen sink.
I honestly think it’ll be interesting if Kaneda were to take his car to the strip.
I’d also put big money on no 9s pass happening.
All in good fun, as I also would like to see him get a new 500, just for the entertainment here :)
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
What is the fasted time (NHRA) allowed without a cage? How many times can you exceed this before they get upset?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
What is the fasted time (NHRA) allowed without a cage? How many times can you exceed this before they get upset?

I am pretty sure that at many sanctioned events, you get shutdown after the first time. Most private events, its up to the track owner.

Only once, I was told to keep my speed/et down at a private event because I was missing a DS loop.

Users who are viewing this thread