Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
And it looks like somebody updated Mr Stevens artwork from a while back. The original...

q1-M.jpg

For the upcoming BJ auction it looks like Ford is now letting it be known that the hood pins we discovered here are indeed a go. Funny, they look to be showing the updated GT350 rear spoiler out back though...

q-L.png

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Still trying to figure out why the blown 5.0 gt500 was not out 6 months after the gt350 to take on the demon. Missed opportunity by Ford...rolleyes
Well I see the sarcasm there, but at the same time, I think we now know there was a delay in the original timeframe and I still maintain there are benefits to developing (and selling) the GT350 and 500 concomitantly.
As great as the 350/350R currently are, I can only imagine how much better they could be with tech going into the 500. Maybe Ford sees that as well, only time will tell, despite the changes rapidly enveloping the company.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So I made matched the orientation and size of the original Stevens sketch along with the one redone for the upcoming Barrett-Jackson auction, superimposed the two, and made a GIF to quickly highlight the differences.

I get that neither may be perfect but just wanted to do the exercise for fun.

GT500-GIF-with-SVT-WM-L.gif

We may be seeing what a "standard" GT500 could look like as well as an R/KR/whatever the **** they are going to call it version. Standard version gets the minimalist splitter hardware and smaller wing (use of the GT350 wing here doesn't make sense to me but whatever) and the top dog gets the more hardcore aero bits and pieces. Dunno.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
What kills me about the timeline is it will be 2022 by the time I get one, unless some miracle happens. If I like it and want to get it, that is.

I learned my lesson on buying first gen cars. I got royally screwed in the past (multiple cars 20-25 years ago). I dodged a bullet when I bought my 2007 GT, as 05-06 had problems with the heads and the cooling system.

I got modestly screw with the GT350 because of the trans and diff cooler issues. I didn't do enough research or wait long enough.

Don't even get me started on the HC... 5 new revisions came out since 2016. My Challenger went from being top dog and valued over $100k to being valued as low as under $40k today.

I'm not dealing with that crap again. I'll wait until Kaneda sells his and buy it for half price.

Last edited:

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
What kills me about the timeline is it will be 2022 by the time I get one, unless some miracle happens. If I like it and want to get it, that is.

I learned my lesson on buying first gen cars. I got royally screwed in the past (multiple cars 20-25 years ago). I dodged a bullet when I bought my 2007 GT, as 05-06 had problems with the heads and the cooling system.

I got modestly screw with the GT350 because of the trans and diff cooler issues. I didn't do enough research or wait long enough.

Don't even get me started on the HC... 5 new revisions came out since 2016. My Challenger went from being top dog and valued over $100k to being valued as low as under $40k today.

I'm not dealing with that crap again. I'll wait until Kaneda sells his and buy it for half price.

How the hell was your $60,000 Hellcat ever valued at $100,000? Crack meet pipe?

Never selling my Demon. It’s just that special! And they will never ever be for sale half off. Ever.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
So I made matched the orientation and size of the original Stevens sketch along with the one redone for the upcoming Barrett-Jackson auction, superimposed the two, and made a GIF to quickly highlight the differences.

I get that neither may be perfect but just wanted to do the exercise for fun.

View attachment 1540701

We may be seeing what a "standard" GT500 could look like as well as an R/KR/whatever the **** they are going to call it version. Standard version gets the minimalist splitter hardware and smaller wing (use of the GT350 wing here doesn't make sense to me but whatever) and the top dog gets the more hardcore aero bits and pieces. Dunno.

I think you are right. Going to be a 500R versions for sure.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

Never selling my Demon. It’s just that special! And they will never ever be for sale half off. Ever.

Didn’t you post a little while ago you would sell your Demon and Civic if the new GT500 had some specifications you like? I’m pretty sure that happened.
That Demon is a nice car, regardless of what it can and can’t do

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the gif, Tob. Shouldn't the beast version get the hood pins? It would make sense it would see the higher speeds and be more prone to hood flex.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I honestly don't see them tooling for two SMC hoods. I suppose it would seem appropriate that the top dog got the pins, alone. But from a functional perspective my belief is that they may help to reduce flutter or lift at speed and as such only one hood will be used across the board.

They do look to have been a late addition to the car and I certainly laud their use. Having only one hood would serve to keep economies of scale at play, something this car definitely needs to take advantage of.

Then again, somebody at Ford thought it was a good idea to market a "Tech Pack" GT350.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

Where were you seeing new HC Challengers in 2016 for $60k? My car's MSRP was $73k+ and they were selling with $25k-$30k ADM for close to a year.

C0bra99

Established Member
Where were you seeing new HC Challengers in 2016 for $60k? My car's MSRP was $73k+ and they were selling with $25k-$30k ADM for close to a year.
So you overpaid with a adm and are now bitter that the value of you car doesn't include the adm you overpaid for? That some messed up math.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread