Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Look at the photos that came out today and you'll see the wrap has a hole punched through it on the passenger side of the front bumper cover. Jibes perfectly with the CGI video Ford released which shows a plug for the fascia in the same location. You can see it in place at the top of the following screen cap I snipped from the video...

GT500%20bumper%20plug%20for%20hook-L.jpg

Looks like someone at Ford finally pushed hard enough through the corporate BS to at least make this a consideration. I hope it doesn't get nixed for production as a serious track car should come from the factory with a provision for a front tow hook.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
LOL. Dude, you can dry hump the 350 all you want. They will sell every 500 they can make, because, believe it or not, people still want that type of car. And Im pretty confident Ford could give a sh1t about losing your sale. meanwhile, there will be 20K plus examples of the 350 floating around, so if you want one, you can get one, without any markup.

"Dude", I literally said "Ford will sell every GT500 they make." Sure, Ford won't miss making a sale to me, but I'm sure another manufacturer will appreciate my business. What point were you trying to make? If the new GT500 comes out as a straight line focused car, which it IS NOT going to be, it will not garner the same cross-brand attention (and conquest sales) that the GT350 does/did. It doesn't have crap to do with "dry humping" the GT350. It's reality. If people still favored Neanderthal cars, the Challenger wouldn't be perennially in last place when it comes to pony car sales numbers.

rwleonard

Established Member
While we are waiting...any ideas on whether or not a convertible will be offered? Asking for my wife.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Not sure about the Vert... but if the auto version is real, I will be seriously conflicted. Half of me thinks "Thank God... I can't heel-toe to save my life." The other half feels betrayed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not sure about the Vert... but if the auto version is real, I will be seriously conflicted. Half of me thinks "Thank God... I can't heel-toe to save my life." The other half feels betrayed.

I wouldn't miss it.

I put an Auto-Blip in my ACR....holy shit, fast.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
"Dude", I literally said "Ford will sell every GT500 they make." Sure, Ford won't miss making a sale to me, but I'm sure another manufacturer will appreciate my business. What point were you trying to make? If the new GT500 comes out as a straight line focused car, which it IS NOT going to be, it will not garner the same cross-brand attention (and conquest sales) that the GT350 does/did. It doesn't have crap to do with "dry humping" the GT350. It's reality. If people still favored Neanderthal cars, the Challenger wouldn't be perennially in last place when it comes to pony car sales numbers.

I'm still waiting for you to come out to Charlotte Motor Speedway.................if it makes you feel better a better driver ran a faster (oh so slightly) in a SS 1LE.

Next event is on a Friday, June 8th. We can run in different groups and do some ride alongs!

We can point and laugh at the MOPARS trying to turn.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
It looks like simulated bird crap.

Look at the photos that came out today
View attachment 1487412
Looks like someone at Ford finally pushed hard enough through the corporate BS to at least make this a consideration. I hope it doesn't get nixed for production as a serious track car should come from the factory with a provision for a front tow hook.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess you know something that nobody else does. Spill the beans!

While Ford would still sell every straight line focused GT500 it would make, it certainly wouldn't draw in more buyers than the GT350. There's still more demand for GT350s than there is supply. The GT350 is a conquest car. There are Porsche and BMW //M people buying GT350s. Probably 9 times out of 10, neither of those buyers would even consider a straight line focused GT500. Why do you think the GT350 is so coveted? Nobody was clamoring to buy GT500s, except the '07 GT500 when it first dropped. Markups don't last on GT500s much past 9 months. We're coming up on 5 years of GT350 production, and despite being unchanged the whole time, they still have markups on them. People getting them at MSRP is still the exception rather than the rule. Nobody is getting them below MSRP. If Ford makes the new GT500 a straight line car, they will have lost a sale from me; probably forever. You don't create a "masterpiece" like the GT350, then turn around and go back to paint-by-numbers. Ford has shown us what they can do. Anything less from here on out is unacceptable.

L O L

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svt662

Established Member
No matter what I will own a New GT500 and will never sell my 13. I have been waiting a long time for this New Beast!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Definitely an auto, but it doesn't have that classic "DSG Farts" sound to me.

Those "DSG farts" are programmed in by the manufacturers. It's not inherent to a DSG equipped car. That car sounded like it was going through all the gears, whereas a modern auto skips gears trying to get to the highest ratio for fuel economy. (Which that, too, is programmed into the shift logic.)

Users who are viewing this thread