Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
This launch is the saddest in FORD history. What was the point of that teaser video MONTHS ago only to follow it up with a big fat NADA.

I seriously think something is wrong with getting the numbers to where FORD wants them and emissions. How many years does it take to just slap a supercharger onto a GT350? Which is basically all this car is.

This car is going to come out the day after we all die. Can't wait!!!!

IMG_1363 (1).JPG

Voltwings

Established Member
This launch is the saddest in FORD history. What was the point of that teaser video MONTHS ago only to follow it up with a big fat NADA.

I seriously think something is wrong with getting the numbers to where FORD wants them and emissions. How many years does it take to just slap a supercharger onto a GT350? Which is basically all this car is.

View attachment 1486978

Speaking of trouble hitting numbers, hows that 9 second car treating you? Wait, i'm sorry, 10 second car.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Whatever the reason, this delay is embarrassing for Ford. I dont care if its emissions or durability, whatever the damn issue...GM and Chrysler have figured it out.

The Mustang is damn near the best selling car in the world at this point! It has the attention of the global market now. Where is the flagship car?!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Whatever the reason, this delay is embarrassing for Ford. I dont care if its emissions or durability, whatever the damn issue...GM and Chrysler have figured it out.

The Mustang is damn near the best selling car in the world at this point! It has the attention of the global market now. Where is the flagship car?!

Yes and that’s all the do....blower lower ride height sticky tires and they say done. And they can’t figure out why they need to throw rebates just to get rid of inventory.
All the while the GT350 is slower and cost the same still demands msrp pricing and is off the lot in less than a month.

You’re right for should try it the other way...roll eyes

I mean years of delay sucks for Porsche too.

View attachment 1486978

You must absolutely hate your car! You care more about complaining about what you don’t have than actually driving the car you do have. Is the demon awful to drive?

Hint: Ford has yet to launch or even set a date for the launch of the new GT500.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

View attachment 1486978

Trolls gonna troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwrshft99

Established Member
Don't take it the wrong way. I'm seriously curious. Did you make it past high school?

You can insult him and stand up for Ford but in this day and age, with the technology these manufacturers have at their disposal, there's no excuse being on the sidelines over 4 years.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I don't like you, I agree with you here. I think Ford is definitely having issues with performance and emissions or a combination of the both.

So, how do you know the new GT500 is basically a GT350 with a supercharger slapped on top of the manifold? You have insider info?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You can insult him and stand up for Ford but in this day and age, with the technology these manufacturers have at their disposal, there's no excuse being on the sidelines over 4 years.

I qualified my question (twice) for the overly sensitive and in no way shape, or form, made an argument in defense of Ford Motor Company. My question is based on his writing "style" and cognitive approach within the context of posting in a GT500 forum on a Ford based (primarily) website.

And who says Ford isn't taking advantage of current technologies? If their plan has been to let the GT350 run it's course (for the most part) before embarking on sales of a GT500, why would they need to make any excuses?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I love smashing modded hellcats. I’m excited to bruise demon egos. Every time Kanedo posts I get a little more eager to put some cars on cocky car owners this summer.

Gt500 is delayed because Chuck Norris and Lynyrd Skynyrd have to give the final seal of approval and they are busy helping make California less shitty.

SlowSVT

Established Member
As much as I don't like you, I agree with you here. I think Ford is definitely having issues with performance and emissions or a combination of the both.

So, how do you know the new GT500 is basically a GT350 with a supercharger slapped on top of the manifold? You have insider info?

they are having "durability" issues with the little 5.0 trying to keep up with The Jones's meanwhile Dodge keeps moving the gold post out even further. This is why we haven't seen the GT500. One can only ponder how many Coyote engines have sacrificed themselves in the dyno room for what will likely be is a 3rd place spot on the podium. A 600 hp engine would be a lot easier to qualify than a 700+ mill which put's it in the "ran also" category which is a marketing nightmare for Ford. They should just boost the engine to the level where it's reliable, call it a Boss 4.92 and release the car the S550 is begging for it. It will still be a hoot to drive compared to a Challenger rolling on a Chrysler 300 chassis. Ford hasn't sold a stump pulling supercharged V8 since 14' this is getting stupid!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Sideline? I'd say the GT350 is the most successful Ford product in years. It sold better than the 2013/14 GT500.

Sorry it doesn't fit your needs.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
they are having "durability" issues with the little 5.0 trying to keep up with The Jones's meanwhile Dodge keeps moving the gold post out even further. This is why we haven't seen the GT500. One can only ponder how many Coyote engines have sacrificed themselves in the dyno room for what will likely be is a 3rd place spot on the podium. A 600 hp engine would be a lot easier to qualify than a 700+ mill which put's it in the "ran also" category which is a marketing nightmare for Ford. They should just boost the engine to the level where it's reliable, call it a Boss 4.92 and release the car the S550 is begging for it. It will still be a hoot to drive compared to a Challenger rolling on a Chrysler 300 chassis. Ford hasn't sold a stump pulling supercharged V8 since 14' this is getting stupid!
I would add Chevrolet to that list of killing it as well.
The new ZL1, the Z06 cars and the new ZR1. All beasts.

Voltwings

Established Member

Goal post dude... goal post. Also, what reliability issues are you talking about? I'm in Houston where performance shops are on every corner and we've got stock engine 2018s with twin turbos in the 9s, and almost 8s. This new Gen 3 Coyote is a monster and i havent seen anyone having boost issues on 15+ motors. Granted, i dont keep up with that much, so maybe im out of touch, but i dont think it's nearly as big a deal as you're trying to make it.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I qualified my question (twice) for the overly sensitive and in no way shape, or form, made an argument in defense of Ford Motor Company. My question is based on his writing "style" and cognitive approach within the context of posting in a GT500 forum on a Ford based (primarily) website.

And who says Ford isn't taking advantage of current technologies? If their plan has been to let the GT350 run it's course (for the most part) before embarking on sales of a GT500, why would they need to make any excuses?

Sideline? I'd say the GT350 is the most successful Ford product in years. It sold better than the 2013/14 GT500.

Sorry it doesn't fit your needs.

The GT350 is a fine Scottie Pippen, where is Michael Jordan?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The GT350 is a fine Scottie Pippen, where is Michael Jordan?

Again. It doesn't fit your need, sucks.

The 13/14 GT500 ran with the Hellcats, became a driver's race.

The Demon is cool and all, but for the money, a Cobra Jet would eat it alive.

Users who are viewing this thread