Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Eh... Some people won't like it unless it looks like a brick on wheels. I like the lines. They are not Euro... just starting to fail in line with other high performance American super cars, such as the GT, Viper and Corvette.

I'll tell you this much... just my humble opinion, the 2008 S197 GT500 is likely my favorite Mustang as far as looks go. Kinda split between that and the original Eleanor.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
70 psi on oil maybe equal 7psi of boost?
Not sure if thats enough boost or not, not real familiar with voodoo based motor

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

My hope at this point is that there is somebody fighting successfully to ensure that the car can match the vision and not be watered down such that it becomes a boat full of compromise. It still somehow feels as if the reality of this car is a long ways away.

If the rumors of it weighing near 4000 lbs are true, it's going to be exactly that; a boatload of compromises. With all the work Ford has been doing the past few years with carbon composites, there's no excuse for the next GT500 to be that heavy.

The gt500 might end up at “775-780” but really make 725-750whp...

That would be nice, but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking.

Couldnt disagree more......the S550 looks soft and feminine compared to the S197.....very Euro....which, of course, wasnt an accident, obviously. Hopefully they will stop trying to appease the liberal douche-nozzels overseas and start building a manly looking mustang again. </flame suit engaged>

That ship sailed with the launch of the 2010 GT500. The most aggressive looking ones were the '07 - '09. The GT350s look plenty aggressive, though. They look angry on the street. The rest of the S550s, though... Yeah, they just look weird.

conceptmachine

Established Member
That is an insane opinion to me. Current GT350R is one of the burliest looking Mustangs ever and is basically the only Mustang ever to come close to having a serviceable stance and wheel gap from the factory, and it could still use work.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some may thank their wifes for not having the keenest of eyes ;) I know my wife could do better in the looks department.
Maybe when we met I was a lot better looking :) That was a couple decades ago. My hair may have thinned out, but I'm still in my sexual prime .

When I had my S197 GT500 and seen the GT350 first hand for the first time, I was like... 'that is one nice looking mustang, with flowing lines, exactly how the first mustangs were conceived, 'euro' lines...
Now, this next GT500, it looks a little more aggressive with the air intakes by the lights, and I'm kinda turned off by that. I know its needed for stabilization and maybe cooling but, it just doesn't look that great to me. I may come to like it but with the GT350 it was WOW at first sight, and nothing made me say.... yuck.
I have a good feeling I'll be driving one of these GT500's in a year or two. Not to trade in the 350R, its a beautiful car. BUT, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'm hoping they make the Shelby logo as well as the cobra's inconspicuous. Not chromed, not highlighted or anything, maybe just black on black raised or engraved. Its too much....
I suppose we can pull them off (hopefully with no rivets holes)
Tape them on, please Ford.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I'm hoping they make the Shelby logo as well as the cobra's inconspicuous. Not chromed, not highlighted or anything, maybe just black on black raised or engraved. Its too much....
You know they wont, that's there pride and joy they don't want you removing it, because then the rest of the world would never know what it is...couldn't even get badges off my F-150.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

0% chance lol

conceptmachine

Established Member
70 psi on oil maybe equal 7psi of boost?
Not sure if thats enough boost or not, not real familiar with voodoo based motor
I was thinking, if you just count the marks, it would be 17.5 PSI of boost.
Thats a lot. The more I think about it, the more I'd agree that the first dash shot of 755 was more of the easter egg dash shot for the GT500. The one with 772 really doesn't have any numbers on it that appear to be easter egg-ish.
If I was to wager, I'd probably put money on the 740 to 760 range.

Edit: although, going by enthusiasm of Gary Patterson, he makes it seem like its going to be 772+. Don't really know the guy, but he seemed fairly down to earth. I don't see why he would go out of his way to signify '+', the way he did, if it was 750 or less. Just my opinion

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
That ship sailed with the launch of the 2010 GT500. The most aggressive looking ones were the '07 - '09. The GT350s look plenty aggressive, though. They look angry on the street. The rest of the S550s, though... Yeah, they just look weird.
I dunno I thought this looked ok, took some tweaking though
However Ive never been a fan of any stock mustang, they always seem to need a little help

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 136

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I dunno I thought this looked ok, took some tweaking though
However Ive never been a fan of any stock mustang, they always seem to need a little help

Everyone has their opinions.

For instance, my opinion is that hood looks absolutely terrible on the blue car. Looks like a fat hooker with a square ass sat on it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the 13/14 gt500 a lot until I see it next to a gtpp or gt350/r s550. Then it just looks skinny and tall/pressed in.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Couldnt disagree more......the S550 looks soft and feminine compared to the S197.....very Euro....which, of course, wasnt an accident, obviously. Hopefully they will stop trying to appease the liberal douche-nozzels overseas and start building a manly looking mustang again. </flame suit engaged>

And I couldn't disagree with that more. Looks are indeed subjective and emotion plays a big part in this. S197 Mustangs come across as boxy as much as Ford tried to soften the look and make it flow better in 2013 than it did in 2007 (the GT500 anyway). The overabundance of badging was a fail in my view but met the desires of those that want everyone to see "SHELBY" plastered on the car. The GT350 flows much better as much as you think it is "feminine." I agree though, it is much sexier.:) And the minimalist badging on the GT350....a major triumph that smacks in the face of the embroidered jacket wearing Shelby worshippers.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
If the rumors of it weighing near 4000 lbs are true, it's going to be exactly that; a boatload of compromises. With all the work Ford has been doing the past few years with carbon composites, there's no excuse for the next GT500 to be that heavy.

Dude, I'm trying to save you a lot of trouble here. If this is what you think, this car is not for you and you should bail now.

A GT350 already weighs 3800 lbs and there's a whole lot of extra shit on this car.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
So the capabilities aside. Which one looks better?

Even though I haven't seen anything on the new GT500 that wasn't part of the reveal, i'll be impressed if Ford ever makes a more attractive Mustang than the 350R. I was in love the first time I saw it and my heart skips a beat every time I see one again.

Truly incredible in my opinion.

Nailed it.

I think a gt350r setup for 9000rpm on e85 and mild bolt ons for 525-550whp with a 3.90 to 4.10 rear for a bit of shorter gearing, as well as sticky sub 60tw tires in a square 315 all around, and about 100lbs of weight reduction to end up around 3500lbs would be about the perfect s550 grip mustang. It’d barely be a mid 11 car, but it would feel so much more like an r34 gtr or an m4 gts, amg c63 black series.

I don't get why you put the M4GTS in there. That car got beat up by the 350R already just on track and they said the Mustang is way more fun to drive.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Dude, I'm trying to save you a lot of trouble here. If this is what you think, this car is not for you and you should bail now.

I'm already making contingency plans. LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm hoping the frame, body, seats, engine and all drivetrain parts are made out of carbon fiber.

Hoping for 2100#, and if this damn thing falls short of 850rwhp on 4lbs of boost, I'm going to buy a Prius.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I'm hoping the frame, body, seats, engine and all drivetrain parts are made out of carbon fiber.

Hoping for 2100#, and if this damn thing falls short of 850rwhp on 4lbs of boost, I'm going to buy a Prius.
Hell in your case I would give your Ford dealership away, it would be an absolute embarrassment to be associated with the brand in anyway.
You and zmed could always open a flower shop together be about the only respectable thing you could do

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hell in your case I would give your Ford dealership away, it would be an absolute embarrassment to be associated with the brand in anyway.
You and zmed could always open a flower shop together be about the only respectable thing you could do

Honestly I was considering going to work for Schwinn; they'd be faster than the new GT500 unless the aforementioned stats are true.

Users who are viewing this thread