Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Snoopy49

Established Member
With all this talk about HP/TQ and lap times. I don't see to many people talking about seating position and sight lines. Does that not matter to anyone anymore?

I have done some research and found that those items are not listed on any car show placards or show boards. So the answer to your question is, no.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I can't go through all the recent bickering, but 18 is a short model year, so if there's an argument about there being less 18s, it's not a question, it's a fact. They will be thin for this year. Ask a dealer.

Personally, GT350R is just more my bag than the next car (in most, but not all, ways). It depends on what you use cars for and where you use them. I think the next car will be more positively received here because more people here are into beep beep beep WOT and it is unquestionably a whole shitload better for that.

My preference in a car is as much RPM as possible and I'm just not a supercharger guy. I like NA or Turbos. I know a lot of guys dig blowers but it's my least favorite powertrain configuration. I consider the two most magical semi non-unobtanium cars on the market GT350R and GT3, and neither is remotely rip your face off fast. There's little or no point to a street car with more than 600-700 hp on a winding road or most tracks. Different strokes for different folks.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't go through all the recent bickering, but 18 is a short model year, so if there's an argument about there being less 18s, it's not a question, it's a fact. They will be thin for this year. Ask a dealer.

Personally, GT350R is just more my bag than the next car (in most, but not all, ways). It depends on what you use cars for and where you use them. I think the next car will be more positively received here because more people here are into beep beep beep WOT and it is unquestionably a whole shitload better for that.

My preference in a car is as much RPM as possible and I'm just not a supercharger guy. I like NA or Turbos. I know a lot of guys dig blowers but it's my least favorite powertrain configuration. I consider the two most magical semi non-unobtanium cars on the market GT350R and GT3, and neither is remotely rip your face off fast. There's little or no point to a street car with more than 600-700 hp on a winding road or most tracks. Different strokes for different folks.
So the capabilities aside. Which one looks better?

Zemedici

Established Member
Like I said, I must've missed those documented firsthand statements in your post. I still don't see the "evidence." Your word doesn't mean dick.

Ah yes next time I shall record my customers for some random guy on the internet that everyone laughs at daily. My profession is verified (I’ve built many cars for members on this very forum).

Yet none of your claims are EVER verified (because they’re bullshit), and you always backpedal your way out of them. I am convinced everyone takes too much pleasure in you being the forums punching bag, or else you’d be out the door.

@13COBRA has he ever posted what he paid for his R? I’d love to hear it.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member

sounds like you WONT be getting this one ;)
have you gotten an opportunity to drive it yet?
Your GT with 650 HP at 3300 lbs sounds just about right.
If GT500 is gonna be 4000+ car, were gonna need a bit more HP, besides, we can always use throttle management.:)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ah yes next time I shall record my customers for some random guy on the internet that every laughs at daily. My profession is verified (I’ve built many cars for members on this very forum).

Yet none of your claims are EVER verified (because they’re bullshit), and you always backpedal your way out of them. I am convinced everyone takes too much pleasure in you being the forums punching bag, or else you’d be out the door.

@13COBRA has he ever posted what he paid for his R? I’d love to hear it.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/my-gt350r-initial-impressions.1128787/

92k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You have. The GT350R is God's gift to Earth in your opinion.

Me calling you homie has nothing to do with anything haha I can't tell you how many people I've called "homie", homie. Quit your race baiting bullshit.
Honestly, you're the one pushing here. Yes, I do know what he does on certain topics. I, must remain neutral. This is your bad here.
Sup homie you seem pretty mad?
Pushing again, see above. He's been banned for stupid, and I have no problem doing it again. I try to play fair.
View attachment 1462791

Oh really. So your:

was implying that you 'knew I was trying to call you one of my friends?' What a joke, homie.
See above, provoking.
Oh Lord Backpedal-er, what firsthand posts are you looking for?
And again.
I don't look at this section much, but damn it. Am I the only one who deals with the bull shit?
Everyone else just skips through it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
So the capabilities aside. Which one looks better?

That's a TBD.

sounds like you WONT be getting this one ;)
have you gotten an opportunity to drive it yet?
Your GT with 650 HP at 3300 lbs sounds just about right.
If GT500 is gonna be 4000+ car, were gonna need a bit more HP, besides, we can always use throttle management.:)

TBD on that one too. I think this is definitely the last of the breed, so there's some appeal there, and it will be fast as balls.

HP will definitely not be a problem with this car.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly, you're the one pushing here. Yes, I do know what he does on certain topics. I, must remain neutral. This is your bad here.

Pushing again, see above. He's been banned for stupid, and I have no problem doing it again. I try to play fair.

See above, provoking.

And again.
I don't look at this section much, but damn it. Am I the only one who deals with the bull shit?
Everyone else just skips through it.
I mean isn’t that the overall goal? To take the seemingly mundane and turn it into an issue and claim to be the victim.

GT Premi called it predictable the reaction his comment got. So it was planned imho by him when he made the comment.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Again, let it go and maybe he will... I'm in no way sticking up, and most of his reported posts...
You guys like to stir the pot, and I do understand why.

I can Brad I’m not a pit stirrer by any means. Just this guy says stuff that imho is dumb then back peddles wants to bring race to everything I’ll let it go carry on.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a TBD.

TBD on that one too. I think this is definitely the last of the breed, so there's some appeal there, and it will be fast as balls.

HP will definitely not be a problem with this car.
So you haven’t seen the finished product yet or want to stay neutral to how it should be received?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I can Brad I’m not a pit stirrer by any means. Just this guy says stuff that imho is dumb then back peddles wants to bring race to everything I’ll let it go carry on.

It's pot Patrick, but I got it. I know that, but I haven't seen that in this thread. Hence my replies in here.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Nailed it.

I think a gt350r setup for 9000rpm on e85 and mild bolt ons for 525-550whp with a 3.90 to 4.10 rear for a bit of shorter gearing, as well as sticky sub 60tw tires in a square 315 all around, and about 100lbs of weight reduction to end up around 3500lbs would be about the perfect s550 grip mustang. It’d barely be a mid 11 car, but it would feel so much more like an r34 gtr or an m4 gts, amg c63 black series.

Big power is nice for straight lines. I have 3500 miles on my fresh built turbo cobra. The 3475 of those have been on 10psi. Honestly I want to put 5psi wastegate springs in it and a 4.30 set in the rear because I love to rev it out to 7500 (8k+ once I go stand-alone. I already have good heads/cams), and with the 3.73’s and 10psi, I’m going unenjoyably fast for stop light and canyon work. It traps 140 on 10psi.

I think trapping much over 120 for a canyon carver is redundant power. You have to play traction management, and be patient... Honestly the funnest cars I’ve driven trapped 110-120, but were very light and agile. 2000-2500lbs with 200-400whp way up high at 8500+rpm with short gearing is a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread