Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
NY auto show is where they showed the terminator and other svt products? If so that seems a good bet.

Only problem with NY in the spring is pigeons. They act like they own the place. I’d hate to clean a supercharged mod engine right after a pigeon sneaks a dive bomb poop right through the heat extractor hood vents.

That would sap probably 50hp from hotspot baking, and thermal overload. Car may only make 700.0001hp and weigh 3999.999lbs because of the thick mess from pigeons by the time it rolls onto the stage...

conceptmachine

Established Member
The car isn't supposed to be for sale until the YEAR 2019. Like the GT350, they probably wont build them over the snowy winter months, so I bet the car doesn't start being shipped to dealers until early march of next year, for a short 2019 MY run.
Order banks may open as late as December of 2018 for this car. Fully revealing the car 7 or 8 months before ordering, I find hard to believe. I'm gonna say somewhere in the 1 month range before ordering. Somewhere around the Las Vegas show in Nov. Long...long...long...time to wait. Chevy will already be onto their next best thing.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I think your estimates are very incorrect.

13 from what I’ve heard 2018 will be a shorter model year? Guy I know just ordered a fully optioned 18 GT that’s what they told him. Weather it was a sales pitch or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DepWraith

Established Member

Snoopy49

Established Member
The car isn't supposed to be for sale until the YEAR 2019. Like the GT350, they probably wont build them over the snowy winter months, so I bet the car doesn't start being shipped to dealers until early march of next year, for a short 2019 MY run.

Where did you hear about the winter builds for the GT350?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ford has stated it’s a my 19 which to my ear means we’ll see deliveries late November.

Nowhere has ford said it’s a 2019 production year.

This car is likely headed to a late summer/fall limited 2019 run of 2500, and 5-10,000 next spring as the 2020.

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Where did you hear about the winter builds for the GT350?

Partially correct, Ford does not build the 350 R in the winter, due to the sport cup 2 tires it comes with.

The tires cannot be out in temps below 40 (?) degrees, so even waiting for a car to be shipped could compromise the tires.

Chevy went thru his years ago with some corvettes and had to replace a lot of tires on cars built and shipped in the winter months.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Couldnt disagree more......the S550 looks soft and feminine compared to the S197.....very Euro....which, of course, wasnt an accident, obviously. Hopefully they will stop trying to appease the liberal douche-nozzels overseas and start building a manly looking mustang again. </flame suit engaged>

I agree with this 110%- the S550 just does not do it for me- 'give it a few years' they said, 'it will grow on you' they said, and to them I still say NOPE, S197 still wins! I think Euromuscle suits the S550 description---it was obvious that with that body style they intended to make it more attractive to their new overseas market. I feel like it has lost its burly American muscleness and I would be willing to bet that the new GT500 will follow suit. Clearly this is a 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' situation.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Post #1982 in this thread shows a direct response from FORD saying it's a Model Year 2019.
Yes, the 2019 *MY* , back half of it will still be in CALENDAR YEAR 2019. Did you watch the vid? Straight from the horses mouth. It will be COMING in CALENDAR YEAR 2019. Doesn't mean its a *MY* 2020. I'm guessing that they won't be bringing them in Jan and Feb, I'm GUESSING March, only because of the cup2's that will most likely be on the GT500R. Thats just a guess, and it wont be that far off (unless this ford guy is wrong, stating its coming in YEAR 2019).

If model year 2020 starts in may or june of 2019, like usual, then it should come from Jan to June, and my GUESS is in March ( at least the R version, which I'd get). Its gonna be a while before we hear anything about this car, I'm afraid. And even longer to get one, as most will come after the executives and their buddies get a car. Real world estimates for people like you and me are Calendar year 2020. Since I'll be waiting so long, I'll be cross shopping.

Last edited:

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
http://www.mustangandfords.com/news...anager-mark-schaller-talks-bullitt-and-gt500/

Did you hear differently? I'm going by him saying that its going to be coming in YEAR 2019. My estimate could be off for the full HP reveal time. Look at the last FP HP reveal, the 2017 Raptor. They didn't even tell us until , what, a couple weeks before order banks opened.

1. you have the best color scheme on your 350R that I have seen to date.

2. I saw a youtube video a couple of weeks ago where some Ford reps were saying that the GT500 would be on the streets in 2020- of course I cannot find it anywhere now but will keep looking...have you heard that? I believe they were being interviewed at the Detroit Auto Show...I will post if I can find it. I remember there were at least 3 Ford reps standing there being interviewed- it is fuzzy but the mention of 2020 stuck out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread