anyone cut their stock springs?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
there is a guy in my town who cut his stock springs and it looks awesome and is fairly inexpensive. I don't know anything about this process and was wondering if anyone on here has done it. Post pics along with how you did it and what you did.

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
I'd never cut the springs on this thing... If you want to maintain stock performance that is. I'd say save up the 250 and buy the H&R Super Sports springs. NICE dumped look and great handling after an alignment. Just my .02

-- Jaret

LCCOBRA

Established Member
don't cut your springs

Cutting springs is what ricers do to their cars. + the ride would be so bumpie

Toplesss

Established Member
Dont get me wrong... I like them low, but that is not a good look for that car. That is a perfect example of what "to low" looks like.

SVTdubs

Established Member
my buddies car looks nothing like that. That is way to low. Ill have to find a pic of his car. You guys are probably right about the ride. Ill probably go with the H&R's

stevieb

Established Member
I can tell the camber is off by looking at the pic. Dont be so cheap, you spent a lot of money on the car, do it right.

Blades

Established Member
Basic economics.. there is no such thing as a free lunch. Especially with this car.. Do it right... You paid for the engineering and now you are just gonna simply "snip" and you think it will still be ok? It's like using a cheap foundation to save on the cost of the house.. Or something like that..

Don't cut em. nuff said.

trey193

Established Member
Eric my springs are cut and I couldnt be happier, the car sits perfect and the ride is still there. I thought I saw you in the Tour on Friday evening on Green River, but we were on our way home, Friday sucked! Look me up and see what you think of my cut spring look and I'll take you for a ride, you wont be disappointed! And yeah that yellow GT is Busted! :nonono:

SVTdubs

Established Member
trey, talk to Jim... my video from this summer is being copied
vipers, ferrari's, diablo's, m3's, z06's, srt10 vipers, 911TT's, 993TT's everything in your wildest dreams is on the tape. All good freinds of mine... the vid is about an hour long and is ALL races... Ill get you a copy... I am going home this weekend and if the weather stays like this, I am bringing the Cobra down here for 2 weeks as I found a garage to keep it in until thanksgiving... should be a fun 2 weeks to come... maybe you can help install my upr quadrant and firewall adjuster... keep in touch trey

trey193

Established Member
Yea I am up for a copy of that vid, Jim told me about it also said that you guys had a good race with Josh, thats awesome if you have a place to keep your car that way we could all get together on the weekends ! Drop me a pm anytime!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
:shrug: What is the point of cutting your springs in the first place? To save roughly $200. for a set of lowering springs? How much did it cost to cut and reinstall the stock springs? And cutting the spring will surely affect ride and probably handling. You can buy a proper set of lowering springs for $200. - $240. at Summit Racing for example. I just don't understand why anyone would with a $36,000. car would ut the springs to save $200.? There's no other benefit to cutting the springs. Right? Sorry, I just don't get it.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
:shrug: What is the point of cutting your springs in the first place? To save roughly $200. for a set of lowering springs? How much did it cost to cut and reinstall the stock springs? And cutting the spring will surely affect ride and probably handling. You can buy a proper set of lowering springs for $200. - $240. at Summit Racing for example. I just don't understand why anyone would with a $36,000. car would ut the springs to save $200.? There's no other benefit to cutting the springs. Right? Sorry, I just don't get it.

CobraBob you are right, save your car which cost $ 36,000 only for $ 240 for set of spring and as CobraBob said it will affect ride and probably handling. Don’t think now, think for the future

Silver 03 Cobra

I disagree. I cut my springs and it definately wasn't bouncy. It wasn't as smooth as stock but it wasn't enough to wear me out on long trips. It rode about like a car with lowering springs. We're talking 3/4 coil. The car handled 10 times better than stock. I swapped mine out for Eibachs when I went with the BFG 315 KD's on the rear. The fender was just too close for my comfort. Now the car doesn't handle nearly as well as it did.

Users who are viewing this thread