Anybody own a quickjack lift????

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Just got the 7000 EXT for the 2012 GT500 Works great. Going to put the Explorer on it next since I went one step up for the weight capacity.
540f2b3837650960177166c304e84f59.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

merkyworks

Established Member
Just got the 7000 EXT for the 2012 GT500 Works great.

This thread made me want a quickjack system and I ordered the 7000 EXT also. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow and can't wait to uses it this coming weekend!

@Cman01 for starting the topic and making me jealous and ordering one of these bad boys :D

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
so is it possible to just leave this thing in place and drive over it all the time or does it not have little ramps on each end for that? Having to slide that thing in and out of position all the time isn't any better than parking on a 2x4 and jacking it up or throwing race ramps in place

Ohio Snake

Established Member
This thread made me want a quickjack system and I ordered the 7000 EXT also. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow and can't wait to uses it this coming weekend!

@Cman01 for starting the topic and making me jealous and ordering one of these bad boys :D

It’s great. Be sure to follow the setup instructions precisely. There is a YouTube video on setup by Quickjack that is great to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
For those that need the SLX to fit other cars the Steeda Jacking rails will provide support all along the the side to just prior of the rear jacking point.

They do add a little weight but also let you use a floor jack to get a side up.

Steeda S197 Ford Mustang Jacking Rails (GT /V6 / Boss 302 / gt500/Shelby ) 2005-2014 , 555 5209 - Free Shipping - Steeda Autosports

Steeda S550 Ford Mustang Ultra Lite Low-Profile Chassis Jacking Rails (2015-2019 GT GT350 Coupe), 555 5205 - Free Shipping - Steeda

Ohio Snake

Established Member
so is it possible to just leave this thing in place and drive over it all the time or does it not have little ramps on each end for that? Having to slide that thing in and out of position all the time isn't any better than parking on a 2x4 and jacking it up or throwing race ramps in place

You can’t drive (onto) the ramps. You can store in the middle ( car can go over the ramps) if you have clearance. I leave mine on the outside to push in with the handles. Beats a regular jack every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merkyworks

Established Member
FedEx delivered my 7000 EXT ramps yesterday and OMG these things are heavy :eek: . To quote Boris the Blade "Heavy is good, Heavy is reliable". Not going to worry these bad boys aren't up to the task lol.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Can you do me a favor and take a pic of where your lift frames line up with the jacking points on your Shelby?

I'd like to see how much extra room the EXT frames have compared to the proper jacking points on the car. I still have to get those extensions so I can use my QJ on the Shelby. I've lifted up my other 3 cars with my 7000SLX it works like a charm on them when I get the extensions I can finally try it out on the Shelby.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Can you do me a favor and take a pic of where your lift frames line up with the jacking points on your Shelby?

I'd like to see how much extra room the EXT frames have compared to the proper jacking points on the car. I still have to get those extensions so I can use my QJ on the Shelby. I've lifted up my other 3 cars with my 7000SLX it works like a charm on them when I get the extensions I can finally try it out on the Shelby.

I can take a pic of the placement, but it may be this weekend. Here are a few things I did to help with placement:
1.) Look very close at the jack placement diagram provided by Ford . The diagram is straightforward. Obtain some weatherproof stickers that are easy to see. I have red and white bullseye stickers. Place them on your cars underbody where the diagram indicates. These stickers help place the where the rubber blocks fit and how to place.

2.) On the EXT, the end with the extension over the SLX has a bar in the block holder. I calculated the jack points to be roughly 60”. The taller rubber blocks work perfect. Just push the jack rail under the car and lineup the blocks with the stickers as you can see them. Works like a charm!

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I ordered the frame extensions I should have them in the next week or so.

FINALLY I may get to try out this thing on the Shelby, pics coming soon.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The Shelby is FINALLY up on the QJ properly (again why I bought this thing).

2e0mtkk.jpg

16hq136.jpg

I picked up the extensions yesterday in Buffalo and got to work this morning. It is still a PITA to use it on the Shelby now with the extra height of the extensions in place. To give me the room under the rockers I have to put the front wheels on my ramps to give me enough space under there.

I'm using my hockey pucks on the proper pinch weld areas and instead of using the QJ jacking blocks with my pucks I cut up some 2x4's I had lying around and place them in the trays of the extensions so they contact the pucks when the quickjack goes up (see pics).

Nice and stable, I will continue my work on the car tomorrow. Today I removed the wheels, cleaned them up and I properly torqued all my fasteners that were loosen off in the rear suspension when my gear install happened last week. Tomorrow's job is to recheck the torque on all the K member bolts and front suspension when I did that job.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I have the Quickjack 7000EXT for my ‘12 Shelby w PP. The unit slides nicely between the wheels with the rubber blocks and have plenty of clearance....no need for race ramps to pre-jack the car and very easy to use.
The picture seems to show an extension add-on which increases the flattened height of the unit causing a potential clearance issue with your car??

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Cman, is your Shelby lowered? Is there clearance for the QJ with extensions on lowered cars.

My Shelby at this time is not lowered, if you are using the extensions like what I bought you can still slide the whole unit under your stock height car but it will be tight clearance wise. The lifting blocks (shorter ones) provided are still taller than the 2x4's I'm using now to get them under the car + remember I'm using my jacking pucks so your clearance under there is reduced even more, that's why when I know I'm going to use it to lift up the Shelby I need to drive the front onto my homemade ramps so I have the clearance to move the whole frame assembly around.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
About to order one of these. Looking at the 5000ext. I cant use the pinch welds as I have side splitters. Any one know if I can lift at the sub frame points? Will this thing reach those points?

Tight Lines

Established Member
About to order one of these. Looking at the 5000ext. I cant use the pinch welds as I have side splitters. Any one know if I can lift at the sub frame points? Will this thing reach those points?

I modified my splitters slightly so I could install the ZL1 addon pinch weld jack pads. Wih these installed I still use the proper pinch weld jack points.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Well i had a good like at mine. Seems the fine folks at Roush saw fit to put cutouts in their side splitters right at the jack points indicated by the arrow. Only problem is they are 62" apart. The BL5000 SLX has a max spacing of 60". A day late and a dollar short. The EXT will work but the dealers here in Canada either dont offer that model or want an exorbitant amount for it. I might have to call them and shame them.

Tight Lines

Established Member
Ahh, I thought you originally were getting the EXT version. Since you are not, I believe they offer extensions to the normal model to reach as if it was a EXT version.

Users who are viewing this thread