Anybody own a quickjack lift????

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Was just researching these today. After adding BMR drag springs the PITA Factor of getting the car up in the air has increased dramatically.

What's the minimum required clearance from floor to jack point to use the quick Jack?

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I have the 7000lb one and with the pinch weld blocks it’s about 3in, I use it for my 03 Cobra, truck and a suv all the time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Well, looks like I finally convinced myself that I don't feel like lifting up my cars to work on them the conventional way so there's a 7k lbs. version QJ ordered and on the way to me.

Looking forward to getting it, setting it up and trying it out.

ILW84U

Established Member
This is what you need!

Shelby Lift (Medium).JPG

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Well, 2/3rds of my QJ showed up today (the power unit and 1 lift part), the other lift is supposed to show up tomorrow.

**** those lift pieces are HEAVY, I have that part in the garage for now the PU is in the house.

I'll start putting the fittings in the hoses tomorrow and I probably won't get to testing it out till after the weekend.

Pribilof

Established Member
What's the story with getting bendpack, etc. lifts getting wet? My car wash area is my garage bay. I don't have an alternative wash zones as I live in the city. Anything more permanent than race ramps or quick Jack will be getting a weekly soak.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
There's no issue according to QuickJack if you want to wash your car while being held up by QJ.

In case you didn't know QuickJack is made by BendPak.

My other lift frame showed up today, both of them are currently stored under my Z06. I've installed the fittings on the hoses and PU, tomorrow I'll install the fittings on the frames and possibly test it out.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
My QuickJack works:

2m3shzr.jpg

I tested it on the Z06 first, yes it's a bit of a PITA moving those frames in position to lift up the vette cause it's so frickin low + the limited room in my garage.

I'll test it out on the Shelby sometime next week (I left the vette up on it locked in the first position).

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I tried lifting up the Shelby with the Quickjack………………….what a PITA.

Now I'm not pissed with the QJ cause it took quite a while for me to get the frames in position, I parked the car a bit close to the wall on the pass. side (about a foot or so from the wall) so going over there to try to position the frames and get the lift blocks in place was a major pain.

The 7000 SLX model I bought also doesn't reach both proper lift points on each side of the car, if I place the front of the frame so I can use a lift block with my pucks the back lift point is still 3-4" from the most rearward point of the frame. I had to stack 2 short blocks at the back and I would lift 3-4" forward of the proper rear lift point.

I was not comfortable lifting this way so I didn't try it, I'm going to try putting the frames sideways and see if the proper lift positions can be reached with the frames but first I have to repark the car away from the wall and give that a shot and see what happens. The problems lifting this way is once the car goes up it will want to lift towards the middle of my garage and I have to make sure I have decent space between it and the Z06 on the other side, and only if I don't have to do work under the car between the front and rear wheels.

Another option is to go for extended frame rails as shown in this video (but I don't really want to spend more money for them):

I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
I don't remember the model I got, but mine reaches the lift points, BUT I will agree getting it in position is a PITA.

They're HEAVY so sliding them up and back and so on can get annoying.

I really wish you could drive over them, it would make life A LOT easier. Then I could set it up once and not have to fool with it again until I wanted to lift a different car.

But once you get it lifted I much prefer it to jack stands. I really wish I had enough garage space for an actual lift, but this will do :)

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Don't need the frame extensions. I made 2 new jacking pucks where I can place them on the pinch rail frame in front of the proper rear jacking point now the lifting frames will reach the front proper jacking point and my new jacking area when I use the QJ.

That area is only 2" or so in front of the proper rear jacking point, I don't think lifting there will be an issue but tomorrow I will test it out and see how it goes.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Disregard the first sentence in my last post, looks like I will need the frame extensions. With my new pucks in the new rear jacking location the lifting frames are still 1/2" too short in the back.

*insert capital letter expletive starting with the letter "F"*

Unf-ingbelieveable!!!!!

Other than that I test lifted the GF's Mazda CX 3 on it and no issue, still have to try it on my Suzuki SX4...………………..maybe sometime this century I can try it out on the Shelby (the real reason why I bought this thing).

merkyworks

Established Member
With my new pucks in the new rear jacking location the lifting frames are still 1/2" too short in the back.

You got the SLX right? Been looking at getting one of these and if the SLX is to short with a 60" spread I'm thinking the EXT with a 66" spread is the model to go with.

If you had 6" more with yours would you still have a problem?

QuickJack 7000-EXT Spec

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Yep, SLX model. The center to center spread of the F&B proper jacking points is 62" (I measured it). The EXT and the frame extension have a 66" spread so that will work.

Honestly I bought my 7000SLX thinking it would work on all 4 of my cars (especially the Shelby), the EXT version would not fit between the wheels of my Z06, CX-3 and SX4. The SLX lift frames just fit between the wheels of the Z.

edit: Having to get those frame extensions raises my lift frames another 1.5", that will seriously wreck my plans of possibly wanting to lower the car with springs...………………….might not want to do that now.

Last edited:

twawsico

Established Member
FWIW, I really like the MaxJax. I've got the older one with only two lift heights (I think the current version has 7), but it does the trick. And I can unbolt the posts and roll them into a corner when not in use.
F0593EFC-C0F7-4405-AD5F-88517FF2BC4C_zpsqiuaai9z.jpg

Pribilof

Established Member
FWIW, I really like the MaxJax. I've got the older one with only two lift heights (I think the current version has 7), but it does the trick. And I can unbolt the posts and roll them into a corner when not in use.
View attachment 1499347
Yeah these look awesome. How hard to move those posts by yourself? Looks like you had to get some new concrete poured too?

Users who are viewing this thread