Any V-10 Owners Here?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Why the 6-speed?? I've got one in my stroker, and for towing it is alright, but as far as anything relative to go-fast. They suck. and +1 for the manual hubs-t-case. the vac. hubs suck, and its much cooler to yank the lever and twist the hubs.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
99cobrablack said:
Why the 6-speed?? I've got one in my stroker, and for towing it is alright, but as far as anything relative to go-fast. They suck. and +1 for the manual hubs-t-case. the vac. hubs suck, and its much cooler to yank the lever and twist the hubs.

I like hand shakers in trucks. I want it to be simple.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
You know my dad has the V10 and he pulled a huge 5th wheel. The thing had no troubles at all. I think the only thing he would have changed is he would have got the 3.73 gears instead of the 4.30's. Have any of you guys had a chip put in a V10? If so what kind of power gains did it give you? Also what kind of hit did the mileage take? Thanks guys.

fastnotch

Established Member
SID297 said:
I've heard that the new 3v picks up close to 30rwhp with just a tune.
were did you get that info.if it good info, lrt mr know were I can get one

Mach&Roll

Established Member
Do you think the truck would do ok with 3.55 gears. I bet mileage would increase a little bit.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
I know it is not an option, but you could have them put in later. I was telling my dad that he might want to look into that. I was thinking either that or the 3.73's. Do you think 3.55's would ok to lug that much weight around? :shrug:

fastnotch

Established Member
Mach&Roll said:
I know it is not an option, but you could have them put in later. I was telling my dad that he might want to look into that. I was thinking either that or the 3.73's. Do you think 3.55's would ok to lug that much weight around? :shrug:
I dont think they make gears that size for those trucks. Plus you dont want a gear that size anyway, the truck would be such a dog you would not be able to pull anything with it.

Users who are viewing this thread