Any Terminators on Original Tires???

Do your Terminator still have the stock rubber?

• My Terminator still has the original tires

Votes: 144 65.2%
  • Original tires? What are those? They were changed long ago

Votes: 77 34.8%

• Total voters

TK Doom

Established Member
My fronts are still there...almost 21k on the odometer. Replaced the rears 2 months ago (with what, I forget BFG's maybe)

The F1's are also on my Vert...course there are only ~900 miles on that car. :D

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
26k+ on stock fronts, though I'm going to replace them. One has developed a vibration and wheel weights are on. Back ones I forget been a couple of years.
Oh yea one stocker on front blew out unknown reason, just got done jacking with a srt-4 up to 85 then down to 70 it blew to shreds. I had just checked tire pressure set at 35 psi on fronts. It was hairy for a min. but didn't hurt the rim. Then the srt went bye. Think he was laughing.

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
Rotated mine at 10k and they lasted to 18k with no burn outs, but many spin takeoffs due to the lack of traction. i agree a good looking tire, but they don't last from this high torque engine. I replaced them with the Goodyear F1 GSD3 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3 and have had a smile on my face since then. I have 8k on them so far and have rotated them at 5k (free with a warrenty from Just Tires for $25/tire, total including alignment, which was off to begin with) and still see more miles than the originals with more agressive driving since I am used to the power, and the handling is superior...

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Just replaced them with 18K. Would have lasted a while longer, but it was getting too loose in the rain.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
only 7600 miles here, so i still have lots of tread left. i am going to buy some new rears soon anyway as first gear is almost useless even at near stock power level.

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
I am getting a little tired of "the hop" and my Goodyears seemed to have developed a vibration. 1st step will be checking out if I've thrown a weight or something but I don't think so. It has slowly crept in over time and I can feel it front and rear. IS this a common problem with OE Goodyears?

What would you guys think of BFG KDW's in 275/40/17 Front and KD's in 315/35/17 on the rear? Remember, the car is a DD and clocks up a lot of miles which, combined with our crap roads, I need something that won't wear too quickly or be a pig in the wet.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
69gt4speed said:
26k+ on stock fronts, though I'm going to replace them. One has developed a vibration and wheel weights are on. Back ones I forget been a couple of years.
Oh yea one stocker on front blew out unknown reason, just got done jacking with a srt-4 up to 85 then down to 70 it blew to shreds. I had just checked tire pressure set at 35 psi on fronts. It was hairy for a min. but didn't hurt the rim. Then the srt went bye. Think he was laughing.

That sucks, I can just hear the kid now I beat a modded cobra with my neon! No really I did Im not kidding why does no one beleive me?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I changed out the front tires about 4K miles ago(22K on them) and the rears about 1K later.. have Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's on it now.. seem to be a good tire too...

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: Replaced at 14,000 miles because of faulty alignment wear. Would probably have seen 20,000 otherwise. But the F1 GSD3's are so much better that I don't regret the problem!

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the goodyears are trash from the get-go. if anyone is still on them after 2 years, the question is why?

$$.
Replaced with Kumhos and they make the F1's seem sticky in comparison. Great for power sliding around corners though, which I'm more into than any sort of racing.

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
My tire history since Sept. 05:
Original Goodyears all 4 corners
Nitto 555 on rear, Goodyears on front
Nitto 555 Drag Radials on rear (lasted 10k), Nitto 555 on front
Nitto 555 on all 4 corners

So I am on my 4th set of rears and second set of fronts in 27k miles. I have spent too much money on tires.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Still rolin the originals for now. Not for long though, spring brings new shoes.....mwahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread