Any Terminators on Original Tires???

Do your Terminator still have the stock rubber?

• My Terminator still has the original tires

Votes: 144 65.2%
  • Original tires? What are those? They were changed long ago

Votes: 77 34.8%

• Total voters

Matt M PA

Established Member
I just repaced my originals at 14,000. I wound up with a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s. Supposed to be an excellent tire.

A recent Car and Driver story-comparison test ranked them highest as well.

My Cobra is my DD, but since these tires were put on last Friday...and it has snowed since...I have yet to have a chance to really see how they are. I know that the ride has firmed a bit, and the car has much better turn in.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i have the stockers and i'm at 6,000 miles. i have not even rotated the suckers yet. correct me if i'm wrong, but these tires are directional right? that means you can only rotate front to back and not diagonal?? should i have them spun balanced when i rotate them this summer?

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
i have the stockers and i'm at 6,000 miles. i have not even rotated the suckers yet. correct me if i'm wrong, but these tires are directional right? that means you can only rotate front to back and not diagonal?? should i have them spun balanced when i rotate them this summer?

Yes, you can only rotate front-back unless you dismount the tires and flip them on the rim.

You don't need to re-balance unless they are vibrating. If the rears have been in a lot of burnouts, then it is *suggested* they get rebalanced. I never rebalance mine.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
RedfireVert said:
Just curious how many of you are still using the OEM tires.

I have 12k miles on the original Goodyears. There's maybe 5k left in them. The outside edges seem to wear fastest...maybe that's from cutting corners :-D
Im still on original rubber but while breaking in clutch and new engine I just broke 7,000 miles :)

sonicblue2003

Established Member
got rid of mine at about 5k due to heavy foot lol did not like them burnt all 4 up, only bad part is need new rear pads, would not be bad but the car only has 10,500 miles ooooooooooooo well

skunkt-u

Established Member
17,473 miles on mine.(stock F1's) I change the rears out on special occasions! ;-) :burnout:

Last edited:

03SBGT

Established Member
Nitto wrapped around here.

One thing, I always knew...but you really notice once you ditch em.

The stock tires suck ass. I mean they Really do.

Just my two cents, but ditch as soon as you can.

miniSHO

Established Member
OZ Dude said:
I am getting a little tired of "the hop" and my Goodyears seemed to have developed a vibration. 1st step will be checking out if I've thrown a weight or something but I don't think so. It has slowly crept in over time and I can feel it front and rear. IS this a common problem with OE Goodyears?

What would you guys think of BFG KDW's in 275/40/17 Front and KD's in 315/35/17 on the rear? Remember, the car is a DD and clocks up a lot of miles which, combined with our crap roads, I need something that won't wear too quickly or be a pig in the wet.

For the rain, you will probably want the KDW's all around instad of the KD's on the back. The KD's get pretty slick in the rain.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
just put a new set of Avon's on at 14K miles. Rears had been reduced to slicks. Wonder how that happened? Apply right foot often and with force to accelerator and watch tires disappear.

SteveChris

Established Member
i got an 01 but i have tires/rims off an 04 mystic. got them with the car last feb, 900 miles on the tires. i still have the fronts but they need to be swapped soon (they arent directional are they? i have to look i forgot) the rears of yokos cause one stock rear's sidewall met a screw

gotwood

Established Member
Still have mine on. they SUCK for traction though. I have 6k miles on my cobra though with plenty of tread left .Im getting bfg drag radials for the back next week.

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
Have 2 of the original F1s on the front.

They have been rotated a couple of times but I have Nittos in the back now.

Both are pretty well worn out, but the F1's have about 21,000 miles on them.

Not much fun when the road is wet.

tdo

Established Member
RedfireVert said:
Just curious how many of you are still using the OEM tires.

I have 12k miles on the original Goodyears. There's maybe 5k left in them. The outside edges seem to wear fastest...maybe that's from cutting corners :-D

I still have my originals. 14k on an 03. Still have good tread but they are going buh-bye this spring. I need some better traction on a daily driver (going to be). I am probably going with these Avon's for all year driving:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=23

If only BFG Traction T/A's were available in the size my life would be gold. :(

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
i have 7k miles on car and front tires. They look new.
i run 315 nitto drags at rear.

Users who are viewing this thread