Any Terminators on Original Tires???

Do your Terminator still have the stock rubber?

• My Terminator still has the original tires

Votes: 144 65.2%
  • Original tires? What are those? They were changed long ago

Votes: 77 34.8%

• Total voters

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Just curious how many of you are still using the OEM tires.

I have 12k miles on the original Goodyears. There's maybe 5k left in them. The outside edges seem to wear fastest...maybe that's from cutting corners :-D

Last edited:

EatonMe

I have the original F1's on the front, if that counts. 16k miles on them, never rotated, or anything, and still look brand spanking new.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
HAHAHA, i had the 315 nitto drag radials swapped onto the rear of the cobra across the street from the dealership at NTB before i had signed all the papers LOL!

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
I'm changing mine tomorrow. I have about 13,000. Rotated once. The fronts are down to the wear mark between the treads.

miniSHO

Established Member
Still on the original tires until it comes out of storage next year. It's got a set of BFGoodrich KDW's ready to be mounted.

The car has about 7,500 miles on it and the tires are pretty much gone. The F1's are a nice looking tire, but they are not the best performing for what Goodyear charges for them. They wear quicker then the old gatorbacks. I think the BFG's will make a big difference.

BLK04

Established Member
7,000 miles still on originals. I'm buying a second set of rears to put drag radials on. And I plan on switching to bfg's when I purchase new wheels.

kennycoulter

Established Member
i still have my originals on at 19,000. i bet no one believed that a 24 y.o. could baby a car. im changing the rears tomorrow at work to bfg g-force sport. the fronts still have maybe 5,000 left. ive rotated 3 times.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
All 4 originals still in good shape at 10K but I just got a pulley and a tune so I don't see the rears lasting much longer. I am going to go with Nittos DR's in the spring.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Mine lasted for 23,260 miles, just replaced them last week. I have ET streets on diamond racing wheels for the track. The rears now have MT DR's for daily driving - got tired of hitting the gas & spinning all the time.... :burnout:

Last edited:

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
hmmm 11k on the car and no originals bought car with 8k had nittos up front and bald bfg drags on rear. now running goodyears in the rear so third set in 11k :)

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I'm really surprised most of us have the OEM rubber...

There was a thread 2 years ago where many complained, "I had to change my tires after only 6,000 miles."

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I'm one with original F1's on the front and Nitto's on the rear. Works well for me and I still have one good tire for the front when it's time to change them (Discount Tire broke the bead on a rear F1 when they took it off).

EatonMe

RedfireVert said:
I'm really surprised most of us have the OEM rubber...

There was a thread 2 years ago where many complained, "I had to change my tires after only 6,000 miles."

Yeah, a lot of people complained about them. I can understand the bad alignment making them suck, but other than that I can't see how they'd wear down that fast. My rear's lasted 11,000 HARD pullied miles, and they're sitting downstairs in my garage with a little bit of tread left on them. Great tires as far as I'm concerned - just not for traction.;)

Terminator

Established Member
Still on the OEM's w/21,240mi (checked odo) and 4 or 5/32 (visual) of tread remaining.
Change oil & rotate every 5k. Michelin PS2's coming in the spring. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread