Any Ohio 03/04 Cobra guys/girls here?

whippedSNK

WHIPPLE POWER BABY!
Established Member
Damn, How did I miss this thread. Painesville here.

OK I gotta go back and catch up. Looks like quite a few in my neck of the woods! Oh, and dont let the name fool you. The skittle is gone for good!

bond99

Established Member
Venomss said:
Geez, this thread still exists? I think I remember posting in it when I had a 03 Cobra... :)

Good threads never die, they just get unreadably large :coolman:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Amherst, OH representing. :)

I need a tune that doesn't cost $600... any suggestions?

I talked a guy with a sweet redfire 03/04 Cobra today at QS&L in Sheffield. He recommended a mail-order tuner... but I forget who it was.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Amherst, OH representing. :)

I need a tune that doesn't cost $600... any suggestions?

I talked a guy with a sweet redfire 03/04 Cobra today at QS&L in Sheffield. He recommended a mail-order tuner... but I forget who it was.

If it was a guy with a redfire cobra with fr500's, stay away, very far away from that guy. I installed the blower pulley, cai, exhaust, & idlers on that car and he didn't bother tuning the car (against my advice) til a few months later when he called me saying the car was pinging.

Your car isn't currently pullied right? I would recommend buying whatever upper pulley you want, and an auxillary pulley, a used xcal (unlocked of course) and order a tune from someone like Rick @ Amazon tuning.
Then take the car up to Bigshot Dyno and check the a/f and adjust accordingly.
It should be very affordable doing it this way.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
youngstown here. every couple sundays we meet up at spaghetti warehouse in akron. lots of nice stuff when its there, and the usual junk.

and a +1 for takin your car to bigshot...they did my whippled 03...pretty satisfied. and my friend terry who runs Street Lethal Performance in newcastle PA recently got a dyno at his shop so he is tuning cars. he has experiance with tuning cars, he was using somebody elses in akron, up until that got to be a pain in the ass, and he splurged and got his own.

Last edited:

Junior2561

Established Member
I've used Big Shot for a few years now. He has done my car NA, w/ a Vortech, and just last week my turbo 2v. It made 530/572 and the car runs and drives amazingly. When it comes to a tune, it is not something to skimp on, so if you spend $500 and the guys stands behind it, then it is WELL worth it.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
youngstown here. every couple sundays we meet up at spaghetti warehouse in akron. lots of nice stuff when its there, and the usual junk.

and a +1 for takin your car to bigshot...they did my whippled 03...pretty satisfied. and my friend terry who runs Street Lethal Performance in newcastle PA recently got a dyno at his shop so he is tuning cars. he has experiance with tuning cars, he was using somebody elses in akron, up until that got to be a pain in the ass, and he splurged and got his own.

Stow checking in...just got my 04 in April. When's the next time people will be meeting up at Spag Warehouse in Akron?

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member

Terry built my car - it was the Bullitt he had for like 2 years :)

I need to look him up and get "freshened" - good to know he took the plunge and got a dyno!

Users who are viewing this thread