Anxiety disorder

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, he probably experienced some very bad withdrawels when they took him off his meds, they should have slowly taken him off of them with close monitoring instead of just taking him off right away, especially if he is unstable.

yeah i guess i shouldnt just make unnecessary generalaztions about the meds like i do, but i remember that and it was real messed up at the time

each person is different and whatever's best for the individual can vary

mr2cam

Established Member
yeah i guess i shouldnt just make unnecessary generalaztions about the meds like i do, but i remember that and it was real messed up at the time

each person is different and whatever's best for the individual can vary

Exactly, I know people that have overcome anxiety without medication, it just depends on how severe it is, in my case I did try a lot of natural remedies but none of them worked, my best natural remedy is working, anything to keep my mind from having obsessive thoughts seems to work wonders.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Exactly, I know people that have overcome anxiety without medication, it just depends on how severe it is, in my case I did try a lot of natural remedies but none of them worked, my best natural remedy is working, anything to keep my mind from having obsessive thoughts seems to work wonders.

:beer:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
P4Y-CY - I'm sorry to hear about that. I agree with trying to take him off of his meds slowly. That is a more safer way for any medication.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member

+1. The best natural way for me to help with it is just to always stay busy and not have thoughts about it like others have mentioned. However, there are times when I just can't help it and catch myself thinking about it or whatnot when I'm driving, in the shower, etc.

Also like someone else mentioned, Caffeine for me personally like energy drinks increase the chance of me having more anxiety that day or the next day. That is probably and could very well be all in my head but I promise if I have an energy drink I will start to feel kinda weird like anxiety is coming on (80% the time).

So I've been staying away from energy drinks (used to have one everyday for 3-4 months). Hell that is probably the reason I have anxiety now is cuz I would drink that sh*t everyday and then just stopped one day after my first attack. I've had anxiety ever since.

It's weird how all of a sudden I've developed it and 8 months ago I never once felt anxiety or anything associated with it...weird

Last edited:

Adltdrvn

Established Member
For the people who say "sack up"... you have no idea what anxiety/panic is. So please keep such idiotic statements to yourself.

OP: Work with a doctor and communicate your experiences with family.

mr2cam

Established Member
For the people who say "sack up"... you have no idea what anxiety/panic is. So please keep such idiotic statements to yourself.

OP: Work with a doctor and communicate your experiences with family.

+1

Before I had an anxiety attack I always thought it was just a minor disorder and didn't understand how people couldn't just brush it off, but then I had one and you literally think you are going to die, very bad experience.

Adltdrvn

Established Member
+1

Before I had an anxiety attack I always thought it was just a minor disorder and didn't understand how people couldn't just brush it off, but then I had one and you literally think you are going to die, very bad experience.

Anxiety and Panic are about as "minor" at diabetes and heart disease.

mr2cam

Established Member
Anxiety is part of what I have. They have me on:

Bupropion
Lithium
Methlyphenadate (sp?)
Celexa

Are you bi-polar? Just curious because I saw the Lithium.

Another thing to add, if you aren't wanting to get on medications I would suggest taking your daily vitamins and minerals, especially if you don't have the best eating habbits, it makes a world of difference when your body has the right balance. Some doctors believe that there is no way to overcome a chemical imbalance without medication, I believe that there are natural ways (eating healthy, exercising, and taking vitamins and minerals daily) to restore the chemicals back to normal.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
Pretty much all of the above minus the POOP thing .. the first time it happened to me, I thought I was having a heart attack ...

Crowley

i had gone through a couple of phases of my life, espicially when my father died in 05. That same week was one of the worse experience for me.. I had a couple of anxiety attack at night,well actually every night.. i thought i was having a heart attack. My heart would beat like hell, tinggling in my head ,body aches,desperate motion,sweats. Withing the following week,i overcome it without medication..kind of controlling your emotions and mind

2veloce

Established Member
I do not recall anyone on this board to being certified to diagnose anxiety conditions. Each individual responds to emotional issues differently.

Get evaluated and then you make the decision on what you want to do.

mr2cam

Established Member
I do not recall anyone on this board to being certified to diagnose anxiety conditions. Each individual responds to emotional issues differently.

Get evaluated and then you make the decision on what you want to do.

I don't think we were diagnosing him with anything, just giving him what he wanted, our experience with anxiety and what we did to overcome it. I never told him to get on a certain type of medication, because everyone is different and what may work for me probably wont work for him, but it's always good to hear how other people deal with an issue that you are just starting to experience.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I used to think I had an anxiety problem but now with the symptoms I am reading I'm not so sure. I would never feel nervous so to speak, I would just get to where I couldn't sit still, it would feel like my skin was on pins and needles, and the harder I tried not to fidged or move the more it hurt. It was very odd, but if someone just touched me anywhere, or I would touch something like lean against a wall,it would ease itself, I used to have my fiance just rub my arm when it would happen, usually it would go away in 10-15 minutes.

mr2cam

Established Member
I used to think I had an anxiety problem but now with the symptoms I am reading I'm not so sure. I would never feel nervous so to speak, I would just get to where I couldn't sit still, it would feel like my skin was on pins and needles, and the harder I tried not to fidged or move the more it hurt. It was very odd, but if someone just touched me anywhere, or I would touch something like lean against a wall,it would ease itself, I used to have my fiance just rub my arm when it would happen, usually it would go away in 10-15 minutes.

That does not sound like anxiety at all to me, but then again im not a doctor :)

John4cam

Established Member

I agree 100%, when im off during the winter I dont like it. Seems better when your occupied...

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Are you bi-polar? Just curious because I saw the Lithium.

Another thing to add, if you aren't wanting to get on medications I would suggest taking your daily vitamins and minerals, especially if you don't have the best eating habbits, it makes a world of difference when your body has the right balance. Some doctors believe that there is no way to overcome a chemical imbalance without medication, I believe that there are natural ways (eating healthy, exercising, and taking vitamins and minerals daily) to restore the chemicals back to normal.

It is kind of odd. I have the severe depression but instead of mania i get anxiety very badly.

mr2cam

Established Member
It is kind of odd. I have the severe depression but instead of mania i get anxiety very badly.

Interesting, there are many types of bi-polar, they at first thought thats what I was being that I have a little OCD, but I have never had problems with depression. Does that mix of pills seem to help you?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i think 40% of people have some sort of Anxiety disorder. just my 2cents.

i used to get so nervous, worried, over react to what people thought and get so nervous around some people or some situations. when i was really young i would blush and think everyone in the world was ready to laugh at me or thinking badly of me.

looking back i bet it was some sort of anxiety. i think i just out grew it. now im not afraid of anythig person or start a convo.

Users who are viewing this thread