Anxiety disorder

John4cam

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone here on the boards was diagnosed with anxiety.

If so what were your symptoms and what is your treatment?:beer:

Last edited:

bullitt1672

Established Member
I haven't been diagnosed i guess but am almost sure I would be if i went to a doctor. I used to go to a psychologist when I was about 10 for it. I still deal with it now though. Im just nervous all the time, and i don't even know what im nervous about. Just kind of like a constant knot in your stomach. It sucks, but im sure alot more people have it worse than i do. Im probably going to get some herbal stuff to help with it. That's what i took back in the day and it worked great.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Dang pass that Herbal shit over here, Im always freaking out. In school I would get so worked up I would puke im better now of course but certian things like taking test just the thought man makes me very uneasy.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Try to stay away from medication, especially Xanax. Xanax is only for a serious situation where you need instant relief. Everyone's brain is a little different. Your doctor basically has to make a blind guess on which medication is best for you. You might have bad side effects if that medication is not best for you. Back when I had anxiety, I went through 2 different meds before I got the right one. It's all a mental hurdle you have to get over, medications can only help, not eliminate it.

A good book is Mastery of Your Anxiety and Panic by David Barlow.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
+1 I have developed bad anxiety the past few months making the transition from highschool to College and I guess just a big transition in my life. I get really bad Attacks and have fallen to the ground on 1 ocassion. I have thrown up from them too. I should be having an appointment this weekend.

EDIT: My symptons include:

Dizzyness
Fast Heartbeat
Trouble breathing
Nausea
Tinglyness (sp?)
Weakness
Have to poop lol
Everything basically seems out of sorts

I know I don't know what dieing feels like; but for that 5 or so minutes when I'm having a Panic/Anxiety attack I feel like I'm going to die. I just feel completely awful. It's really hard to explain to someone who doesn't have anxiety attacks... some of you may be reading this like WTF?

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
+1 I have developed bad anxiety the past few months making the transition from highschool to College and I guess just a big transition in my life. I get really bad Attacks and have fallen to the ground on 1 ocassion. I have thrown up from them too. I should be having an appointment this weekend.

are you kidding me!? it should be the best time of your life!!!! :shrug:

John4cam

Established Member

Dizzyness
Fast Heartbeat
Trouble breathing
Nausea
Tinglyness (sp?)
Weakness
Have to poop lol

I know I don't know what dieing feels like; but for that 5 or so minutes when I'm having a Panic/Anxiety attack I feel like I'm going to die. I just feel completely awful. It's really hard to explain to someone who doesn't have anxiety attacks... some of you may be reading this like WTF?

I have a couple of those symtoms. When it first started I thought I was having heart problems, but anxiety actually runs in my family.

I never realized how many people have it till I did some research on it.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member

Dizzyness
Fast Heartbeat
Trouble breathing
Nausea
Tinglyness (sp?)
Weakness
Have to poop lol

Pretty much all of the above minus the POOP thing .. the first time it happened to me, I thought I was having a heart attack ...

Crowley

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member

Dizzyness
Fast Heartbeat
Trouble breathing
Nausea
Tinglyness (sp?)
Weakness
Have to poop lol

Classic panic attack symptoms.

I have been dealing with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (different from OCD) for years. It first cropped up due to stress from planning my wedding 8 years ago. Was on Paxil and Xanax (alprazolam) for a while to get "over the hump" but its therapy with a psychologist that is the real answer. The Paxil helped me keep an even keel and the Xanax was only for the panic attacks. In therapy you will learn how to deal with the stress and feelings of panic. Its hard work but it amounts to having to change the way you think about certain situations. I still go back to the doctor 4 or 5 times a year for a "refresher" and to get things off my chest. Don't wait to get a doctor's help because it will only get worse and worse.

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I know how your feeling and it sucks... I got panic attacks for a while... im not proud of it but it was from drugs... this happened back in college when I made a few bad decisions to do some things im not proud of. But in the end I think it made me stronger. I hate taking medicine... and what helped me the most was exercise. especially cardio. It releaves a lot of stress. I would also recommend staying away from anything with caffeene in it for a while. I was always going to the doctor with your sysptoms thinking I was having a heart attack or dying... they would tell me I am as healthy as a horse. The important thing to remember, even though when you are having an attack its impossible to, is that its all in your head and you can control it.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I have a couple of those symtoms. When it first started I thought I was having heart problems, but anxiety actually runs in my family.

I never realized how many people have it till I did some research on it.

+1 I also thought I was having heart problems.

The first time I had an attack I went to the emergency room (not knowing it was an Panic/Anxiety attack) I really thought I was having a heart attack. My heart beat was over 125 per minute. I'm 18 years old and played sports my whole life, very athletic. So I was told that was pretty damn high at the time. I stayed there for a few hours unti everything calmed down and just took it easy the next week or so.

During the summer I was getting all sorts of tests done and what not. Everything would always come back great! Then for about a month it was good then they started happening again. I then started putting the pieces togeher and came to the conclusion it's anxiety with the ocassional Panic/Anxiety attack.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i would stay away from any medications

my cousin was on that shit and they took him off it, then two weeks later he killed himself

i know it is easier said than done, but just sack up and get through it when you experience it. life ain't easy

i guess if it is manifesting itself in physical symptoms like falling to the ground, thats a different story. but if it is just feeling like you're freaking out, i say just deal with it

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member

my cousin was on that shit and they took him off it, then two weeks later he killed himself

i know it is easier said than done, but just sack up and get through it when you experience it. life ain't easy

i guess if it is manifesting itself in physical symptoms like falling to the ground, thats a different story. but if it is just feeling like you're freaking out, i say just deal with it

+1, sorry to hear btw man.

Like me, i also have some anxiety and am nervous a lot. but you really have to deal with it yourself. You need to start realizing things in a more logical way. The only thing causing your anxiety is an imbalance in your brains chemical functioning and can totally be reversed if you can mentally control it.

Im only 19 and have been through some hugeee down falls, and still do from time to time, but i never once took pills or anything in that nature. You need to deal with it yourself, and really see things as, "everything is just a perception of your mind," nothing else. Good luck bro:beer:

mr2cam

Established Member
I have had pretty bad anxiety problems that started when I was about 18, I am not 100% sure what started them, when I was younger I would worry quite a bit about random things but when I experienced my first panic attack I also thought it was some kind of heart attack and thought I was going to die, I believe it was triggered by a quad shot mocha that I drank that night. Anyway you basically have to figure out what your triggers are, for me it is caffeine and obsessive thoughts, then you have to just try to avoid them as much as possible. Medication can help quite a bit, I am on an anti-depressent for my anxiety, even though I have never had any symptoms of depression, but it does help, I also am on a mild short term anxiety pill called clonazepam, it is probably the best thing there is for short term relief and it doesn't turn you into a zombie, I would contact a doctor and see what he suggests, also you might want to get some blood work done, I know that I was low on vitamin D and after I started taking suppliments it helped out a lot with my anxiety. Best of luck to you.

mr2cam

Established Member

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, he probably experienced some very bad withdrawels when they took him off his meds, they should have slowly taken him off of them with close monitoring instead of just taking him off right away, especially if he is unstable.

Users who are viewing this thread