another hellraiser cobra soon to be

viperstang

Established Member
i would love to see one of these compound setup actually in a race? how would the compound setup stand against a twinscrew with the same power and everthing being equal?

TRBO VNM

I have been wanting to do this setup. I want the twin setup and a kb. Everybody has different opinions on this setup. I just don't see how a just tt cobra could outrun a compounded boost setup, there is no lag.

the seals will be a problem in the KB. novi2000 tried it with a 2.2KB and kept blowing the internal seals on the KB. I don't think it has been tried with a whipple, but so far the eaton has held up great.

i would love to see one of these compound setup actually in a race? how would the compound setup stand against a twinscrew with the same power and everthing being equal?

be more specific. everything being equal? they won't make the same power at the same boost. so what do you want equal? same boost, the compound will make more power. novi2000 raced a friend of his, if memory serves me correctly, had a supercharged c6 z06 and novi blew him away. I don't think there is video though.

that is exactly the point! well said sir :rockon:

thank you. :beer:

novi2000

Established Member
the seals will be a problem in the KB. novi2000 tried it with a 2.2KB and kept blowing the internal seals on the KB. I don't think it has been tried with a whipple, but so far the eaton has held up great.

be more specific. everything being equal? they won't make the same power at the same boost. so what do you want equal? same boost, the compound will make more power. novi2000 raced a friend of his, if memory serves me correctly, had a supercharged c6 z06 and novi blew him away. I don't think there is video though.

thank you. :beer:

Built C6 with a F1r procharger 9.5:1 compression.

Ryushin

Established Member
So, a eaton holds up but not the kb. That sucks, so I guess it is time to try a whipple.

I think the problem is that the twin screws are sealed units compared to a blower which will allow some it to blow back through it. I think your options are either an eaton or a TVS.

stiegelightning

Established Member
I think the problem is that the twin screws are sealed units compared to a blower which will allow some it to blow back through it. I think your options are either an eaton or a TVS.

Interesting. So a ported eaton would work, what about heat. Does this kit build up alot of heat keeping the blower on. Like heat soak.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
there is heat soak, but no were near as bad as if you were running the blower at 17 psi only, compared to 17 compounded. The blower is spinning slower and still the total boost at the manifold is the same

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i beat the hell outta my car today, got out and checked the ic fluid right after a few highway runs, it was suprisingly cold to the touch, ALOT colder than my 2.76/port combo was when i did the same thing. it was maybe 60 deg out also

Ryushin

Established Member
In MM&FF when they did their Hellraiser article last year, it showed very low IA2 temps. Pretty much almost ambient. The dual intercooler setup worked wonders and the Eaton was only spinning using the stock pulley.

I was thinking about going compound boost myself but using a TVS. I've been thinking about this long and hard, and I believe that cars that are making huge torque in lower rev range end up making their cars poor for the street. Everything that I've been reading show turbo's make a better streetable car at the higher horsepower and torque. They were saying the Ford GT that made 1400rwhp was very streetable. Just food for thought and of course, to each their own.

stiegelightning

Established Member
So you think the tvs would be better for the street, cause I street race more than I go to the track. I love twins and superchargers, so why not put them both together. I don't like the turbo lag, but love the power when it gets boosted up. I am looking for the ultimate street/strip setup.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
So you think the tvs would be better for the street, cause I street race more than I go to the track. I love twins and superchargers, so why not put them both together. I don't like the turbo lag, but love the power when it gets boosted up. I am looking for the ultimate street/strip setup.

you have found it my friend... and if its not for you, just remove the blower :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
does this kit eliminate the air to water h/e for the eaton? I pulled up the hellraiser setup on lethalperf and didn't see the eaton h/e...only the air to air for the twins.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
does this kit eliminate the air to water h/e for the eaton? I pulled up the hellraiser setup on lethalperf and didn't see the eaton h/e...only the air to air for the twins.

you actually keep both intercoolers, a/a a/w, u just re use the existing hardware

Users who are viewing this thread