another hellraiser cobra soon to be

coreyhayman

Established Member
i know some say the hellraiser compound boost setup in inefficent etc but the numbers show other wise, some ppl making over 900rwhp on pump gas with meth is just to tempting so im deciding to go for it, im also gonna do this on a stock motor with a 2.2 kb and comp cam stage 3 cams, i pretty much wanna see what the stock motor can do, id probably run low boost on the street in the 700rwhp range but wanna beable to turn the wick up to 900rwhp for the track

662rwtq

Established Member
Ooohhhhhhh boy hellraiser kit with a 2.2 sounds pretty sic but also unsafe but if your trying to see what a sto k motor can do that's the way to find out because there is alot of power you can make with that set up.

TRBO VNM

ditch the KB. the internal seals will blow out. it has already been tried by the other Corey. send him a pm, novi2000 I think is his username on here or search hellraiser in this forum. trust me. KB even said there was nothing they could do to make it work because they sent the blower back to them to be fixed.

and hopefully you have money set aside for a motor.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
i can't understand why people do the hellraiser... i thought it was the sickest thing when i saw the first kit come out... yea, the bottom end power is pretty awesome... but you're not seeing much more then you would with a twin screw, if any... in my mind, compound boost is retarded, because from what i've seen there's actually more power to be had with the turbo's alone... not to mention, you can see the power at much safer boost levels... i just can't see the point in it...:shrug:

Digital

Established Member
i can't understand why people do the hellraiser... i thought it was the sickest thing when i saw the first kit come out... yea, the bottom end power is pretty awesome... but you're not seeing much more then you would with a twin screw, if any... in my mind, compound boost is retarded, because from what i've seen there's actually more power to be had with the turbo's alone... not to mention, you can see the power at much safer boost levels... i just can't see the point in it...:shrug:

I dont know many twinscrews on 93 running over 650-700hp.
You can run 800-1000 with a compound.
Yes you will have better EFF with a turbo only setup but it's more of a drivers car rather then sheer performance.
Kinda like you have a back seat and all your foam, weight, etc.
Theres no need for it if you're straight race and speed only.
Get what i'm saying?

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I dont know many twinscrews on 93 running over 650-700hp.
You can run 800-1000 with a compound.
Yes you will have better EFF with a turbo only setup but it's more of a drivers car rather then sheer performance.
Kinda like you have a back seat and all your foam, weight, etc.
Theres no need for it if you're straight race and speed only.
Get what i'm saying?

I know of a TS making that power on a bone stock longblock on pump through manifolds. I had one as well... you can run 800-1000 on straight turbo's too... shit, even some big boy TS's, but it surely isn't going to be done on pump either way, unless you want to drive a ticking time bomb. I still don't know wehat your trying to say though. i guess you're saying that your car is more sheer performance then any other straight turbo car?

coreyhayman

Established Member
so i just got back from talking to a local shop who pretty much told me the hellraiser is a waste of money and they could get me close to 800rwhp with a whipple 3.4. Pretty much they said id save money an still make close to my power goals. they suggested
3.4l whipple w the crusher inlet
10 rib cog drive set up
keep my comp cam stage 3 cams
a meth injection set up with pump gas (we got 94 at our pumps)
p&p the heads

novi2000

Established Member
so i just got back from talking to a local shop who pretty much told me the hellraiser is a waste of money and they could get me close to 800rwhp with a whipple 3.4. Pretty much they said id save money an still make close to my power goals. they suggested
10 rib cog drive set up
p&p the heads

Before you make a move give Tim at MPH a call. (770) 591-0000. If the shop told you that, I doubt they would even be able to get the compound setup to work with stock electronics.

Digital

Established Member
I know of a TS making that power on a bone stock longblock on pump through manifolds. I had one as well... you can run 800-1000 on straight turbo's too... shit, even some big boy TS's, but it surely isn't going to be done on pump either way, unless you want to drive a ticking time bomb. I still don't know wehat your trying to say though. i guess you're saying that your car is more sheer performance then any other straight turbo car?
No sir. I'm just saying different strokes for different folks and it's more a street drivers car then a all out highway monster or all out drag monster or all out track monster which you can get through other direct methods.
A compound setup is extremely fun on the street and you can have lots of fun everywhere else as the other 2 setups tend to be lacking in one of the areas but tend to perform a peak task.

10 rib cog drive set up
p&p the heads
Before I wasted my money with all that I'd go with a big single turbo.
After building my setup I would never go anything but turbo. Once you know the right people you can have a turbo kit made for a lot less then you can buy a kit for. Then atleast you have no one to blame when your shit smokes or you have oil issues like some of the big kits tend to exhibit.
Depending on who you know and what deals they can cut you you're looking at sub 3k turbo kits with some used parts.
Keep that in mind before you dump a crap load of money into a big twin screw. Not for nothing either but you get better gas milage =P

76mmsaleen

Established Member
Before you make a move give Tim at MPH a call. (770) 591-0000. If the shop told you that, I doubt they would even be able to get the compound setup to work with stock electronics.

i agree give tim a call. he told me he has done some compound setups already..and they are a beast..and thats comming from tim..i wouldn't bring my car to anyone else but tim@MPH he is the best..:rockon:

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Anyone who still dosen't understand why someone wants to run a compounded boost set up like the Hellraiser, just needs to drive one to understand.

Look at it this way, a 900hp compounded boost cobra can run with a 1200hp turbo only cobra, all things being equal. The area under the curve is far more important than peak HP numbers.

If you are going to use a stock 03-04 motor, let me make a few suggestions.
1) ARP 2000 head studs.
2) BS3.
3) Get someone who has tunned a compounded boost car(s) before to tune it. MPH is a good choice.
4) Good gas.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Anyone who still dosen't understand why someone wants to run a compounded boost set up like the Hellraiser, just needs to drive one to understand.

Look at it this way, a 900hp compounded boost cobra can run with a 1200hp turbo only cobra, all things being equal. The area under the curve is far more important than peak HP numbers.

This. sgt_d on here ran his buddy with a TT 03/04 Cobra in his Hellraiser TT GT500 and left him like he left my little Vortech car on the hit. The TT 03/04 just couldn't close the gap after so many lengths were pulled on the hit and he wasn't too pleased with the outcome if my memory serves me correctly. The power under the curve on the Hellraiser compound boost setup is insane.

scarface9111

Established Member
I have been talking to mike on fuel slut forums about building me twin 61's he's a good guy

:rockon: awesome bud mikes building a 88mm single turbo kit as we speak.. I was going compound but the kenne bell will blow a seal at least it did on my buddies car so i when a different route

Eatonualive281

Established Member
hey guys, i just finished up my hellraiser install, it gets tuned next friday! i went this route bc for a 93oct street car thats daily driven, the power band is awesome...its the area under the curve that is impressive

stiegelightning

Established Member
I have been wanting to do this setup. I want the twin setup and a kb. Everybody has different opinions on this setup. I just don't see how a just tt cobra could outrun a compounded boost setup, there is no lag.

inthe9s

Established Member
turbo terminator

you guys that talk about the hellraiser kit don't know what your saying, or missing, i have it on my 03 terminator!!! and let me tell you i had some fast cars and nothing feels like this car so ......... buddy do your self a favor go for it, and don't let people disscourage you.....................nothing like it trust me!!!!!!!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread