Tees into the bottom of the throttle body
IMG_1594.jpg

Catch can on pass. side...
IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

I hope these help

SVTboy

Established Member
Also, getting ready to go to a "dyno day" at Navarez Racing, got some VP110 in the tank, tune is the same, going to up the boost to 20-21, hope to see 700+... will check back in later....

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Friggin sweet sick cobra....i just totally ignored a customer here at work till i got done reading the entire thread...oh well they wanted dodge parts they can wait lol

J

Janstang

Thanks for pics.. What brand is the passenger side catch can? Do you ever have any issues with oil getting on the filter on the top of the catch can? Why didn't you just run the driverside line back into its original location on the intake?

SVTboy

Established Member
After looking it over I think I'm going to tee the driver side into the passenger catch can instead of rinning it into the intake, I think it may be pressurizing the crankcase when it gets into boost, tha catch can is a JAZ brand, got it from Jegs...

Another update: After getting on the dyno again the numbers went up.. It now put down 644hp and 677trq, Im still having issues with this friggn boost controller, very aggrivating... I watched the boost gauge throughout the pulls, it peaked/spiked at 19 but fell as the rpms increased, it ended up around 15 at the end of the pull...

I just cant figure this controller out, if someone has any inside info on how to properly set it up (Greddy Profec B Spec II) please chime in, Ive called Greddy twice, they were informative and helpful but as I start to think I have it figured out I make one small change that has such a huge affect to the other settings, it puts me back at square one, confused....

Last edited:
J

Janstang

SVTboy said:
After looking it over I think I'm going to tee the driver side into the passenger catch can instead of rinning it into the intake, I think it may be pressurizing the crankcase when it gets into boost, tha catch can is a JAZ brand, got it from Jegs...

Another update: After getting on the dyno again the numbers went up.. It now put down 644hp and 677trq, Im still having issues with this friggn boost controller, very aggrivating... I watched the boost gauge throughout the pulls, it peaked/spiked at 19 but fell as the rpms increased, it ended up around 15 at the end of the pull...

I just cant figure this controller out, if someone has any inside info on how to properly set it up (Greddy Profec B Spec II) please chime in, Ive called Greddy twice, they were informative and helpful but as I start to think I have it figured out I make one small change that has such a huge affect to the other settings, it puts me back at square one, confused....
I am looking at running both into a catch can like that, as long as the can will have the capability to handle both lines being run into it. Does that catch can have another provision to hook your line from the driverside into it?

03trbodsl

Established Member
Janstang said:
I am looking at running both into a catch can like that, as long as the can will have the capability to handle both lines being run into it. Does that catch can have another provision to hook your line from the driverside into it?

all you have to do is put a T right before the can and hook up both sides to the one PROVISION.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Remove the profecB and try a manual unit. If you still have a problem look else where. What wastegate are you running?

SVTboy

Established Member
I was thinking of trying a manual one for now. I have a Turbonetics Evolution wastegate, it is the one supplied in the kit

htt760

Established Member
hey svtboy...first i just wanted to let you know you car is badass.... With the oil cooler that you ran... is that a kit you put together??? or did you purchase it from somewhere...?? oh and is that oil filter with a relocation kit or did you diy totoo???

SVTboy

Established Member
The oil cooler system I put together using parts I bought from Summit, the oil filter mount came with the Evans parts as a package. Since I already had the battery in the trunk I figured i would just put the fitler up top as there is really not a lot of room to make it fit under the car, here are a few part numbers if you want to look them up,

EAR-41910ERL (Oil Cooler -10AN FTGS)
EAR-501ERL (Oil Thermostat)
EAR-351010ERL (-10 Pro-Lite 350 hose 10ft)

htt760

Established Member
cool thanks svtboy.... and with the fittings and everything how much did you spend all together to get the oil cooler functioning correctly???

thanks huy

J

Janstang

03trbodsl said:
all you have to do is put a T right before the can and hook up both sides to the one PROVISION.
Sounds like a plan, thanks. Now I just need to figure which catch can I want to go with and where I want to mount it.

SVTboy

Established Member
htt760 said:
cool thanks svtboy.... and with the fittings and everything how much did you spend all together to get the oil cooler functioning correctly???

thanks huy

Dont forget, when using a system like this you must use the Evans water inlet in place of the stock unit, that part alone is around $200, the remote filter mount lists for $90, the parts listed in my previous post were around $320, as for the fittings I bought a few more than I needed cost around $200... As you can see this stuff adds up fast... Also add another $100 for the bypass thermostat, $30 for the lower hose tee, another $50 for random radiator hoses (had to make my own) and finally your water cross over needs to be modified... if you opt for the Evans high flow pump like I did add another $190

Last edited:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
SVTboy said:
I was thinking of trying a manual one for now. I have a Turbonetics Evolution wastegate, it is the one supplied in the kit

I don't run anything but Tial, I've gone through too many turbonetics gates. Try a manual controller and see if that helps (even borrow one for a bit to see).

TRBO VNM

never had a problem with my turbonetics. nor have any others.

just gotta learn the controller. some were having issues not making more than 18# with the eboost2 until they learned how it operated.

Users who are viewing this thread