Another aviation tragedy!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
"PARIS — The co-pilot of the Germanwings jet barricaded himself in the cockpit and intentionally rammed the plane full speed into the French Alps, ignoring the captain's frantic pounding on the door and the screams of terror from passengers, a prosecutor said Thursday.":nonono:

oldmodman

Established Member
As soon as I heard about the impact zone I called it.

Controlled flight into terrain.

Just not for the reason I thought it would be. Can't wait until the brain docs start in with the reasons anyone would do such a thing.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is being reported that back in reportedly he received psychiatric treatment for 18 months and at one point was labeled 'not suitable for flying' during his training in Arizona six years ago. :dw:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Why did the pilot have to pee 30 seconds into a short flight?

30 seconds into a short flight does not mean 30 seconds since the pilot sat down. Pre-flight inspections, procedures, checklists, taxiing, and takeoff take an inordinate amount of the pilots' time before the plane is airborne.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I think the best solution to increase security and safety is pretty simple. Bathroom in the cockpit. It's an option for all Boeing 747's but not many have them. Pilots should never have to open that door in flight, and a flight attendant stand-in is a false since of security, if you're gonna kill everyone on the plane, you wouldn't have trouble with one person, and usually it's a female. Should be a US air marshal if one is on the flight.

I've been around aviation my entire life mostly helicopters and in 2002 had a complete engine failure at 75 agl and 45 knots not nearly enough for an successful autorotation, those few seconds were the most helpless frightening experience of my life.

Those passengers had 8 mins of absolute horror as they plummeted to the ground, and as safe as it to fly from statistics..way too many planes have gone down recently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread