Another aviation tragedy!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Hypoxia of the Co-pilot or the Co-Pilot crashed the plane is the latest. That is terrible. 8 minutes of decent and then boom.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sad story.

Why does our government feel the need to immediately release comments that this is not a terrorist act, before knowing anything?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Reading the articles in the past few minutes it seems they are jumping to the conclusion it was the co-pilot who deliberately crashed the plane. It states that they could still hear breathing up till the plane crashed. Could he have been knocked out?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Black box confirmed.... copilot crashed the plane intentionally. Pilot left his seat to go to the restroom, copilot locked cockpit and dove the plane into the mountains.

why do crazy people always have to take people with them? Cant they just tie off a rope in their bedroom like a normal crazy? :bash:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Because of 9/11, what should have happened is when the pilot leaves the cabin a flight attendant should enter it in case something happens as a fail safe.

That is the protocol, no one left alone in the cockpit. I wonder why it was not followed on the germanwings flight?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Because of 9/11, what should have happened is when the pilot leaves the cabin a flight attendant should enter it in case something happens as a fail safe.

While this would seem like a logical course of action, a flight attendant, or any other person that has no flight training should be in the cockpit of that piece of machinery. The complexity in a cockpit, even for all it's automation, is ridiculous. In that situation somebody with no familiarity to the aircraft is often times going to do more harm than good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, even sadder turn of events. Seems French officials are all but certain, based on the voice recorder, that the co-pilot purposely locked the captain out. It is believed the co-pilot pushed an entry over-ride that would not allow a combination to be punched in for re-entry. It is likely that only circumstantial evidence can be used to suggest what happened in the cockpit. They don't know for certain if the co-pilot was conscious during the remaining time when the captain was pounding on the door and shouting loudly. They only know his breathing was the same and unlabored from the moment the captain exited the cabin until the actual crash.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah, even sadder turn of events. Seems French officials are all but certain, based on the voice recorder, that the co-pilot purposely locked the captain out. It is believed the co-pilot pushed an entry over-ride that would not allow a combination to be punched in for re-entry. It is likely that only circumstantial evidence can be used to suggest what happened in the cockpit. They don't know for certain if the co-pilot was conscious during the remaining time when the captain was pounding on the door and shouting loudly. They only know his breathing was the same and unlabored from the moment the captain exited the cabin until the actual crash.

I have very little doubt that the co-pilot was conscious. The decent, while it was rapid, was controlled flight and airspeed did not change much in the dive. I am betting the flight data recorder will show stick, rudder and throttle inputs all the way until impact.

MFE

Established Member
They don't know for certain if the co-pilot was conscious during the remaining time when the captain was pounding on the door and shouting loudly. They only know his breathing was the same and unlabored from the moment the captain exited the cabin until the actual crash.

But they do know that the descend sequence was deliberately initiated, starting immediately after the captain left the cockpit, so the conclusion is, he was conscious.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Sad story.

Why does our government feel the need to immediately release comments that this is not a terrorist act, before knowing anything?

Are you serious?! I'm so sick of stupid conclusions being made before ANY facts are known.

Black box confirmed.... copilot crashed the plane intentionally. Pilot left his seat to go to the restroom, copilot locked cockpit and dove the plane into the mountains.

Why did the pilot have to pee 30 seconds into a short flight?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Are you serious?! I'm so sick of stupid conclusions being made before ANY facts are known.

Why did the pilot have to pee 30 seconds into a short flight?

yep, I'm serious. It is in the article, French authorities had no comment until the voice recorders. We on the other hand came out and stated not a terrorist act? Why do we need to even make these comments?

From the article...In Washington, the White House said American officials were in contact with their French, Spanish and German counterparts.

“There is no indication of a nexus to terrorism at this time,” said U.S. National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan.

Let the cards play out...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread