Another 2011 Mustang Gt # 8 cylinder failure

whatwhine

Established Member
03 Dsg- I was saying if I take a stock car, add mmr coolin mod and 1 year later #8 fails. Or a rod snaps. Or my Trans shits. I'm stock except this mod. Ford will try to say this mod altered the car? This mod in they're eyes would void my warranty I bet.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I LOL at this thread.

So much speculation on this and there really shouldn't be. The mod motors were no different in cooling issues, and installing a head cooling mod helped even the cylinder temp heads and provided another flow path. Not sure why so much arguing over this. If you don't want it, obviously have no clue what its for, or just want to complain about the price or MMR, leave the thread.

In stock form, these cars are known just as previous mod motors to run hotter on the back driver side.

Please don't use a salesman's word what the service department is doing with customers, as i've been at a dealer long enough and they don't have a clue what goes on in back. All that's doing is providing more worry for people from a bad information source.

The dealer will not void a cars warranty for abuse, but can choose not to work on it or can kick you out if they feel that they dont want to work with you as a customer. At that point i suggest you work on your people skills and get some common sense and you wont have a problem at another one. Dealerships dont want to deal with customers who LIE to them, try to work around things, or complain about anything they can, But WHO does.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'm about to buy the MMR head cooling mod regardless if it does anything or not. Better safe than sorry. Plus, MMR knows these modular motors inside and out, i really doubt they would make a product that does not do a thing. Yes, $180 is a lot but if you look at what it's supposed to do/accomplish, it would be worth it rather than buying a whole new rotating assembly.

I trust MMR knows Wtf they are doing and talking about.

Plus $180 is considered CHEAP for a mod on these cars. Not to sure why people are complaining about it.

FivePoint.0

Established Member
I'm about to buy the MMR head cooling mod regardless if it does anything or not. Better safe than sorry. Plus, MMR knows these modular motors inside and out, i really doubt they would make a product that does not do a thing. Yes, $180 is a lot but if you look at what it's supposed to do/accomplish, it would be worth it rather than buying a whole new rotating assembly.

I trust MMR knows Wtf they are doing and talking about.

Plus $180 is considered CHEAP for a mod on these cars. Not to sure why people are complaining about it.
Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Yes I'm digging up a 3 month old thread but last when I spoke with Shaun a while back he said the info had been addressed and the major tuners were notified of how to fix it. I have almost 13k miles on the car and even if I bought the cooling mod this week and installed it wouldn't make a difference IF there was damage already there. I just don't like how I did research on the issue in this forum and others where there were people who asked for evidence that this was the fix and none was ever given. That is just my .2

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
03 Dsg- I was saying if I take a stock car, add mmr coolin mod and 1 year later #8 fails. Or a rod snaps. Or my Trans shits. I'm stock except this mod. Ford will try to say this mod altered the car? This mod in they're eyes would void my warranty I bet.

And he was saying.. so what?

If you're not modded then don't do this mod. If you have a warranty then that will cover number 8 if it blows, there is absolutely no reason for you to do this mod if you are not tuned.

Do you see the logic here?

jdcobra

Established Member
I wish MMR would do like a group buy on these at like 25% off....They would sell a shit load of them.

If you can talk to them they might. In the midst of doing research last night I found on another forum if you get 10 people it's 150 a piece which isn't bad. Maybe if we talk to a MMR rep on here we could get em to do the same. Only problem I have is that they claim it's easy to install while the engine is in the car but a lot of people said its a PITA!!

01bluesnake

Established Member
+1 that's what I was looking for man! Thanks

That's only one part of the problem, and not the biggest problem of them. All that was proven was lean air fuel ratio's. That will cause multiple pistons with no specific one to fail. Running the whole motor lean won't just kill one cylinder unless the heat build up can't escape from that part of the motor which will then run hotter then normal = cooling mod. :poke:

jdcobra

Established Member
That's only one part of the problem, and not the biggest problem of them. All that was proven was lean air fuel ratio's. That will cause multiple pistons with no specific one to fail. Running the whole motor lean won't just kill one cylinder unless the heat build up can't escape from that part of the motor which will then run hotter then normal = cooling mod. :poke:

Meh, I'll spend 10 bucks and add some royal purple ice :p

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I LOL at this thread.

So much speculation on this and there really shouldn't be. The mod motors were no different in cooling issues, and installing a head cooling mod helped even the cylinder temp heads and provided another flow path. Not sure why so much arguing over this. If you don't want it, obviously have no clue what its for, or just want to complain about the price or MMR, leave the thread.

In stock form, these cars are known just as previous mod motors to run hotter on the back driver side.

Please don't use a salesman's word what the service department is doing with customers, as i've been at a dealer long enough and they don't have a clue what goes on in back. All that's doing is providing more worry for people from a bad information source.

The dealer will not void a cars warranty for abuse, but can choose not to work on it or can kick you out if they feel that they dont want to work with you as a customer. At that point i suggest you work on your people skills and get some common sense and you wont have a problem at another one. Dealerships dont want to deal with customers who LIE to them, try to work around things, or complain about anything they can, But WHO does.

Your a 100% right. These guys have no clue what their talking about.

five0three

big deal
Established Member

lots of truth here!

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
coyotemustanghead_zpsaced0b40.gif

01bluesnake

Established Member
I would assume that is the wall casting on the head for the cooling passage if you are referring to the bumped out portion, then yes. Also notice how it neglects to go farther back to help cyl 8 cooling.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
If you can talk to them they might. In the midst of doing research last night I found on another forum if you get 10 people it's 150 a piece which isn't bad. Maybe if we talk to a MMR rep on here we could get em to do the same. Only problem I have is that they claim it's easy to install while the engine is in the car but a lot of people said its a PITA!!

Yeah, I've read its easy (with the intake off) and I've read its hard.... I can see prying the freeze plugs out against the firewall from up top could be a PIA.
Its probably much easier with the transmission out of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread