Another 2011 Mustang Gt # 8 cylinder failure

WHITEMACH

Established Member
total lack of QUALITY JOB#1, i blame FORD!,
they should fix all these #8s ! and to the OP,i if they were not so xpensive maybee more would try it.

Last edited:

PUSHA TON

Established Member
total lack of QUALITY JOB#1, i blame FORD!,
they should fix all these #8s ! and to the OP,i if they were not so xpensive maybee more would try it.

Why should ford fix it if it runs perfectly fine under their stock tune? This #8 issue doesn't happen under stock form.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

grnenvy

Established Member
I'm not real sure why you guys are beating up on MR? If this kit really works it could be a huge plus. I'm all about keeping my motors running consistant and not hot.

MR is there any way we could get some data or atleast some water temps back there compared to maybe something in the front? With temp probs or laser/temp gun it shouldn't be that hard.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I wasnt beating them up just thought that 220.00 for that was alot of money without much data.

on my 11 mt-82 i bought the b.s about the jhr clutch line fix. it turned out nothing fixed it ,shy of a new clutch all together and trans etc!
well thats not true a 2012 AUTO was the fix!

maybee i need a 2013 AUTO/5.0,,,,,,,,,,,,IF THE 13s are fixed! 3 time is a charm!!

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Adjusted this pic..

The circled areas have been blowing out on some high-hp motors on Bank 2, being that is the thrust side of that cylinder bank. Likely due to the open area where other Modular motors have a reinforcement in there.

I was wondering if MMR has thought about looking into a reinforcement in the area, I have heard that some import engines have similar problems at high power levels and the aftermarket has come up with solutions.

The block is rough cast and probably varies a lot from core to core, I'm envisioning a strut that would take minor machine work inside the coolant passage to ensure a tight fit or something along those lines.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That's what I'm thinking. Peace of mind I won't lose cylinder 8..... Loss of warranty. Kinda outweighs that peace of mind

If you're car is stock then let the warranty worry about #8.

If you are digging into mods then your warranty is void anyways so the MMR kit piece of mind is worth it.

:rolling:

FivePoint.0

Established Member
Yes, this is 100% possible, by giving the cylinder more fuel and less timing it can help prevent it, the problem is that decreased timing and increased fuel hurts HP in that cylinder, but I think we can all agree that a little less HP is better than a damaged engine. With the MMR mod we have found the #8 cylinder does not require de-tuning to keep the detonation threshold higher, the improved coolant flow around the head and cylinder indirectly do the same thing.
Well, even if AED can do this, the #8 is still blowing with the factory tune. Would decreased timing and more fuel to #8 put it on par with safety compared to the head cooling mod? If not, with an AED tune, you're still running the same risk as the factory tune, but with no more warranty.

turbo06gt

Established Member
Even if ur blowing #8 in factory form ford is going to try its hardest to say you "abused" the car thats why it blew. My buddy works at hagerstown ford in MD and said "you'd be shocked at how many cars we turn away due to "abuse" " (hes a salesman not a tech). Fact is this mean ford knows its a issue and still will not do anything about it to fix it. If MMR is running it on the 1800hp car and is having zero issues? Not sure how much more proof you need. I bought for my 5.0 fox swap motor not for my 11'. still have yet to have an issue with it. Is it a sure fix just because I havent had a issue yet? No but the piece of mind at this point is all I need.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Well, even if AED can do this, the #8 is still blowing with the factory tune. Would decreased timing and more fuel to #8 put it on par with safety compared to the head cooling mod? If not, with an AED tune, you're still running the same risk as the factory tune, but with no more warranty.

Has this been known to be exactly what Shaun does or is this only speculation?

FivePoint.0

Established Member
Even if ur blowing #8 in factory form ford is going to try its hardest to say you "abused" the car thats why it blew. My buddy works at hagerstown ford in MD and said "you'd be shocked at how many cars we turn away due to "abuse" " (hes a salesman not a tech).
You have GOT to be kidding me? They're voiding the warranty in FACTORY form because of "abuse"!! There's no way Ford can prevail in court.

Has this been known to be exactly what Shaun does or is this only speculation?
Just from what I've read. I haven't spoke to Shaun about this.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hopefully FordMotorSport will come out with a better block.
The A4 block fixed my weak stock block issue back in the day.
But who knows there are so many variables. There have been alot of fast cars with
the factory block some are going over 200mph which is alot of abuse.

Last edited:

try03venom

Established Member
Sounds like a good idea and cheap insurance when you consider $1000 headers $600 axel backs and $350 cai's!

Users who are viewing this thread