Anderson power pipe, Meth injection with Procharger?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Manley's easily handling 1000? Their ringlands aren't that beefy compared to CP's, don't get me wrong I have them but for that much HP I'd look elsewhere!

95PGTTech

Established Member
Manley's easily handling 1000? Their ringlands aren't that beefy compared to CP's, don't get me wrong I have them but for that much HP I'd look elsewhere!

internet lore. the ring lands are significantly bigger on the F/I pistons than the stock ones and unless your tuner is an idiot, I wouldn't be worried about damaging them. Regardless, even with a F1A he's looking around 650rwhp on pump gas give or take, which is more than within the limits of the pistons.

Ever heard a CP piston car, or any car with that type of material in the piston fire up? RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP!!! No thanks, for a couple grand investment I don't want my stuff sounding like a diesel.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You said 1000! Not gonna debate but guys with High Boost (25+) Twin Screws on squeeze aren't choosing Manley's first.. I will agree I have Zero piston slap with mine, nice quiet motor even with the windows up.
And NO my tuner isn't an idiot, he and Tim Lynch are the 2 fastest Outlaw 10.5 Cars in the country...
dsc04680j.jpg

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Because an outlaw 10.5 car is a very similar set up to his build and really relevant? With the budgets you mentioned of those two racers, it is pretty damn hard NOT to be fast. Turbo terminators make 7xx rwhp on 93 octane with the factory Manley pistons with a lot higher silicone content and a lot of other OEM concerns than the off the shelf parts

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Because an outlaw 10.5 car is a very similar set up to his build and really relevant? With the budgets you mentioned of those two racers, it is pretty damn hard NOT to be fast. Turbo terminators make 7xx rwhp on 93 octane with the factory Manley pistons with a lot higher silicone content and a lot of other OEM concerns than the off the shelf parts
He's schooled in all software and engine managment systems and has done Tons of these cars too... Plenty of idiots out there and Rob isn't one!

Last edited:

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I didnt go the meth route but the power pipe did make a big difference on my setup with my 2v car. P1SC supercharger. I would almost say it has been the biggest bang for the buck I have gotten out of any single power mod on the car. gained almost 30 rwhp on the dyno, some of which could have been the previous tune but no doubt the pipe contributed a lot to squeezing out that extra power. Don't know what it did for boost because I think I had just bought a boost gauge at the time I got the power pipe.
My setup was 75mm tb, p-51 intake manifold, jba shorties, catted x pipe and the 2 core intercooled P1SC. The car responded very well to the addition of the power pipe.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Couldnt I make a lot more than 650rwhp with an F-1?

are you referring to the F-1, and not the F1A? either though will easily do more than 650, easy. if you want only 650- go D1. if you want more do a
F1a, but with a F1A it would be greatly beneficial to move to a renegade bracket even if you don't go cog and just stay serpentine.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
internet lore. the ring lands are significantly bigger on the F/I pistons than the stock ones and unless your tuner is an idiot, I wouldn't be worried about damaging them. Regardless, even with a F1A he's looking around 650rwhp on pump gas give or take, which is more than within the limits of the pistons.

Ever heard a CP piston car, or any car with that type of material in the piston fire up? RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP RAP!!! No thanks, for a couple grand investment I don't want my stuff sounding like a diesel.

you realize that piston slap is due to poor engine building and not the piston itself right? cause I lmao when I read the above, and as far as Manley's go- the stock 03/04 manleys you're referring to expand at high rpm and really **** things up. pistons are chosen for an application, nuff said

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

not what he was referring to- just meant that his builder knows his stuff and wouldn't choose a piston that would be incorrect for his power goals

01yellercobra

Established Member
To be 100% honest I was going to run 10:1 Comp with great internals of course some stage 3 blower cams or custom ground with a shortrunner intake. If I go a D-1 i will spray a 100 shot on top of that....but my goal is 550-600rwhp boost only. i will also convert to E-85.

are you referring to the F-1, and not the F1A? either though will easily do more than 650, easy. if you want only 650- go D1. if you want more do a
F1a, but with a F1A it would be greatly beneficial to move to a renegade bracket even if you don't go cog and just stay serpentine.

What encasedmetal said. I hit the numbers in my sig with a D1 pushing 12psi. I'm currently on the hunt for a smaller pulley to spin it a little harder. A D1 will take you into the 600 zone. If you want 700 then it's time to look into the F1A.

corysmach1

Established Member
What encasedmetal said. I hit the numbers in my sig with a D1 pushing 12psi. I'm currently on the hunt for a smaller pulley to spin it a little harder. A D1 will take you into the 600 zone. If you want 700 then it's time to look into the F1A.

Yes my setup will be 10:1 compression (reason for that compression is there would be 0 lag for the charger it would respond very well with spray behind the blower and if I ever get in a financial crisis I could sell the blower and just spray a big shot and the car would still be strong) D-1 with 15-16 psi short runner intake and some big blower cams. My goal is 600rwhp on blower only with that setup? But i would like to spray 100 shot on top of that. Be nice to have 2 different power levels it gives you more opportunity for more races. The car will also have meth or E85 I havent decided on what route I will go yet. I would love to do an F-! But that seem very expensive? I mean maybe if I could do an F-1 and make 700rwhp on stock cams becuase that would save me $1500 bucks? Thanks for all the advice guys. :beer:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Yes my setup will be 10:1 compression (reason for that compression is there would be 0 lag for the charger it would respond very well with spray behind the blower and if I ever get in a financial crisis I could sell the blower and just spray a big shot and the car would still be strong) D-1 with 15-16 psi short runner intake and some big blower cams. My goal is 600rwhp on blower only with that setup? But i would like to spray 100 shot on top of that. Be nice to have 2 different power levels it gives you more opportunity for more races. The car will also have meth or E85 I havent decided on what route I will go yet. I would love to do an F-! But that seem very expensive? I mean maybe if I could do an F-1 and make 700rwhp on stock cams becuase that would save me $1500 bucks? Thanks for all the advice guys. :beer:

unless you have a good amount of dough to do it right- stay with the D1- my
f1a build-and I did it right, was very expensive. the bracket setup costs 1400 by itself.

95PGTTech

Established Member

on 93 octane, that's probably a realistic ballpark. you can drop some significant timing at that point to run some more boost and get a better peak number, but you really start to sacrifice throttle response when you do that. you're limited by the available octane of the fuel, not the blower. if you're converting to e85, the sky is the limit, it's 100+ octane.

you realize that piston slap is due to poor engine building and not the piston itself right? cause I lmao when I read the above, and as far as Manley's go- the stock 03/04 manleys you're referring to expand at high rpm and really **** things up. pistons are chosen for an application, nuff said

It can also be caused by the material of the piston itself. I was not referring him to put stock 03/04 Manleys in his motor. without going too much into metallurgy with a person who clearly doesn't want to discuss it, the "higher horsepower" pistons are going to contain less silicon, requiring piston to wall clearances to be bigger (along with piston skirt design, among other factors). depending on what type of piston is being used, the builder may have no choice but to run a large piston to wall clearance, resulting in (to me) unacceptable NVH levels.

not what he was referring to- just meant that his builder knows his stuff and wouldn't choose a piston that would be incorrect for his power goals

his implication was that because the guy could build a outlaw 10.5 car, he could build something for this guy and his power level - which has been proven time and time again to be apples to oranges.

corysmach1

Established Member
on 93 octane, that's probably a realistic ballpark. you can drop some significant timing at that point to run some more boost and get a better peak number, but you really start to sacrifice throttle response when you do that. you're limited by the available octane of the fuel, not the blower. if you're converting to e85, the sky is the limit, it's 100+ octane.

It can also be caused by the material of the piston itself. I was not referring him to put stock 03/04 Manleys in his motor. without going too much into metallurgy with a person who clearly doesn't want to discuss it, the "higher horsepower" pistons are going to contain less silicon, requiring piston to wall clearances to be bigger (along with piston skirt design, among other factors). depending on what type of piston is being used, the builder may have no choice but to run a large piston to wall clearance, resulting in (to me) unacceptable NVH levels.

his implication was that because the guy could build a outlaw 10.5 car, he could build something for this guy and his power level - which has been proven time and time again to be apples to oranges.

yes the car will FOR SURE either have E-85 which is equal to 105 octane I do believe? Or meth which is close to 103 octane when its all said and done correct me if I am wrong?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Let me clarify since it was discussed by two different peeps, the 03/04 Cobras DON'T come stock with Manley pistons just the H-Beam Rods, Zollner made the oem Slugs and yes their known to have problems with expansion during high speeds runs.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

very low ballpark #'s wise btw-every setup is different, but an F1a on 15psi should net around 650 rwhp

totally agree, you always want to use pistons that will not expand with higher rpm, and therefore no failure, and no blowby at lower rpm.

I guess- no idea, as I build my own

Brutal Metal

Established Member
FordSpeedRacing has been in businesss for over 20 years and have built 100's of cars ranging from basic bolt on 5.0's to 2400HP Twin Turbos so enough please!:nono: Bolting on a Pro-Charger and making 600 HP YEAH that's Brain Surgery! Try making 1200 with a single turbo A4 Boss Block punched out to 358....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread