Anderson power pipe, Meth injection with Procharger?

corysmach1

Established Member
before/after numbers were inconclusive as the wrong pistons were installed (8.83:1 versus stock 9.8:1) and as we later found out the builder did not tighten one cam bolt and the cam walked 20 degrees or so. we didn't expect really any changes as no power additions were made with the rebuild.

quite a while if I remember correctly, although not driven day to day. customer realized he was pushing the envelope and was awaiting engine failure. he actually got away very easily, it could have been far more catastrophic.

Yes I know I blew my mach up....did he ever get the car running correctly?

95PGTTech

Established Member
Ok cool....my next line of mods will be meth injection, power pipe and IMRC deletes (just zip tying them open). Hope to break 450rwhp.

as others have stated I seriously doubt you will see gains with an air/air intercooler. as with the powerpipe. I think another area that is holding you back is your stock intake manifold plenum volume and runner length.

have long tubes on the car yet?

if you jump into that build thread a little more, I'd seriously suggest going bigger with the crank pulley than smaller than 3.40 with the upper. we have ZERO belt slip on mike's car with a DIY 8 rib swap, a custom made blower bracket, and a ground-down stock tensioner tab. 3.40/10% and it makes boost in a HURRY. I'd expect it to hit even sooner/harder when I degree these cams in. (it's a shame about the compression issue...up around 10:1 this car would be making full boost sub-3000rpm I'd wager).

corysmach1

Established Member
as others have stated I seriously doubt you will see gains with an air/air intercooler. as with the powerpipe. I think another area that is holding you back is your stock intake manifold plenum volume and runner length.

have long tubes on the car yet?

if you jump into that build thread a little more, I'd seriously suggest going bigger with the crank pulley than smaller than 3.40 with the upper. we have ZERO belt slip on mike's car with a DIY 8 rib swap, a custom made blower bracket, and a ground-down stock tensioner tab. 3.40/10% and it makes boost in a HURRY. I'd expect it to hit even sooner/harder when I degree these cams in. (it's a shame about the compression issue...up around 10:1 this car would be making full boost sub-3000rpm I'd wager).

yes the car has a 3 core intercooler and yes I have longtubes....So I shouldnt get the power pipe? But I should get meth injection? And yes when motor goes its getting 10:1 compression= fast boost. Sorry for all the questions these 96-98 Cobras are a new game to me.

95PGTTech

Established Member
yes the car has a 3 core intercooler and yes I have longtubes....So I shouldnt get the power pipe? But I should get meth injection? And yes when motor goes its getting 10:1 compression= fast boost. Sorry for all the questions these 96-98 Cobras are a new game to me.

with what you have I would either get a ported shortrunner intake or just start saving for a built motor and F1. I think any money you spend on upgrades is going to only make you upset

corysmach1

Established Member
with what you have I would either get a ported shortrunner intake or just start saving for a built motor and F1. I think any money you spend on upgrades is going to only make you upset

Ok thanks....how much is to upgrade to an F1? I just find it hard to believe that i wouldnt gain much power from power pipe or meth considering with meth I can run more timing......but then again you guys have done it and i havent. lol.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Ok thanks....how much is to upgrade to an F1? I just find it hard to believe that i wouldnt gain much power from power pipe or meth considering with meth I can run more timing......but then again you guys have done it and i havent. lol.

to get the best results? alot.

95PGTTech

Established Member

I think it was quoted 3700 or something like that for a F1 head unit and supposedly it uses the bracket we have now and some other stuff. I figure a pulley, a retune, possibly more fuel system are additional costs.

not cheap, but better than 1000 or so thrown down for a power pipe and a meth kit to get zero results out of them. you already have a good air/air cooling the charge down allowing your tuner to keep timing in the tune, don't expect much more with meth.

corysmach1

Established Member
I think it was quoted 3700 or something like that for a F1 head unit and supposedly it uses the bracket we have now and some other stuff. I figure a pulley, a retune, possibly more fuel system are additional costs.

not cheap, but better than 1000 or so thrown down for a power pipe and a meth kit to get zero results out of them. you already have a good air/air cooling the charge down allowing your tuner to keep timing in the tune, don't expect much more with meth.

Ok thanks man I will just get an SRI and if it blows at least I have it for the build and I will staert saving for a motor build and probably just upgrade to a D-1 becuase from what I hear that is fairly cheap?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
the hole WASN'T cut for the powerpipe that fit in the factory air box hole just fine, one did have to be cut for the 3.5" piping off the Intercooler though..

svtcobra410.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok thanks man I will just get an SRI and if it blows at least I have it for the build and I will staert saving for a motor build and probably just upgrade to a D-1 becuase from what I hear that is fairly cheap?

I think the upgrade for a D1 is around $1100. Don't quote me on that though. I was looking on Procharger's site a couple weeks ago at F1's and they were about $3500. So take the upgrade cost then add whatever you can get for the head unit and it'll probably put you within throwing distance of an F1. But then it also depends on how much power you want in the end.

corysmach1

Established Member
I think the upgrade for a D1 is around $1100. Don't quote me on that though. I was looking on Procharger's site a couple weeks ago at F1's and they were about $3500. So take the upgrade cost then add whatever you can get for the head unit and it'll probably put you within throwing distance of an F1. But then it also depends on how much power you want in the end.

To be 100% honest I was going to run 10:1 Comp with great internals of course some stage 3 blower cams or custom ground with a shortrunner intake. If I go a D-1 i will spray a 100 shot on top of that....but my goal is 550-600rwhp boost only. i will also convert to E-85.

95PGTTech

Established Member

If you are going to be upgrading to a forged motor, considering what kind of expense, pain in the ass, and effort that requires, I'd hate to see you limit yourself with a D1. On the other hand, I don't think you need anything more than 96-98 cams in a 4V modular street car. Manley pistons, rods, valvesprings, all ARP hardware, Comp Cams adjustable cam gears, and OEM Ford everything else will get you a 1000HP capable bullet that starts quiet and gives you zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread