Anderson power pipe, Meth injection with Procharger?

corysmach1

Established Member
I have a 96 Cobra with a P-1SC procharger with 3 core intercooler, full exhaust, 10 lb pulley, 255 in tank and T-Rex internal.....power mods in sig. My question is I was looking at getting an anderson power pipe and meth injection, curious as to how mcuh power i would pick up with these to on my current setup? Also guys with meth injection are you happy with it? It seems to make great numbers!!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
meth injection is the shit! get it and don't look back- you can get a basic kit and run the blue windshield wiper fluid (40% meth) for 2 bucks a gallon, or upgrade to stainless meth lines and run heet (99% meth) for 2.69 a pint- cheap as all get out and your car will love you. you will have to retune whether you get either the meth or the powerpipe. the powerpipe is good for cars that have room for it (non cog cars) but you do know you have to cut a hole for it yes?

corysmach1

Established Member
meth injection is the shit! get it and don't look back- you can get a basic kit and run the blue windshield wiper fluid (40% meth) for 2 bucks a gallon, or upgrade to stainless meth lines and run heet (99% meth) for 2.69 a pint- cheap as all get out and your car will love you. you will have to retune whether you get either the meth or the powerpipe. the powerpipe is good for cars that have room for it (non cog cars) but you do know you have to cut a hole for it yes?

Ok how much power do you think I will gain from the these 2 things? And cut hole for what and where?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you have to make the hole in your fender bigger to fit the power pipe through it, I think when you buy a new pipe they generally include a template of where youll have to cut.

the powerpipe is supposed to be good for an extra 1-2psi so id guess 15-30hp...meth I have no idea

corysmach1

Established Member
you have to make the hole in your fender bigger to fit the power pipe through it, I think when you buy a new pipe they generally include a template of where youll have to cut.

the powerpipe is supposed to be good for an extra 1-2psi so id guess 15-30hp...meth I have no idea

Ok cool....yeah I have heard the power pipe is good for 20-30rwhp. I am curious how much power I will gain with the combo of these 2 mods. :shrug:

dwtjr3

Established Member
I would say with the meth and the power pipe you should easily be atleast 460rwhp since meth makes 93 octane gas the same as 103 i think dont quote me on that though. I know it ups your octane a decent amount

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I gained no lbs with my AFM power pipe. And no power with my AIS stage 2 meth kit. I didn't expect to as well since the 3 core inter cooler already does a great job at cooling the air.

corysmach1

Established Member
I gained no lbs with my AFM power pipe. And no power with my AIS stage 2 meth kit. I didn't expect to as well since the 3 core inter cooler already does a great job at cooling the air.

wow you didnt gain any power at all? i was hoping to make at least 460-470rwhp with adding these 2 things.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
can I comment on how I think the powerpipe making extra boost is bullshit is actually attributed to it being a restriction to the blower? is it better than what comes in the kits? yes. should it be making extra boost if it isn't a restriction? no. you should be making the same power and losing boost with mods

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

most people attribute their power gain with meth to the timing adjustments and slower fuel burn they can achieve with it. was your car tuned after adding meth? or just dynoed? cause when I had my KB, I gained 40hp to the wheels with an xpipe and meth (tuned for it of course) on only 9 psi

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
most people attribute their power gain with meth to the timing adjustments and slower fuel burn they can achieve with it. was your car tuned after adding meth? or just dynoed? cause when I had my KB, I gained 40hp to the wheels with an xpipe and meth (tuned for it of course) on only 9 psi

Yes because your KB was a heat box. If it was on your current cobra its a non-inter cooled kit.The meth contributed a ton in lowering you IAT temps which created the extra 40hp.Think about it that KB is just shoving hot air into your motor. Our prochargers already have an air-air intercooler which does an awesome job at cooling the IAT temps significantly before reaching the motor.My car was dynoed before and after on PP and before and after on meth. Same even with extra timing thrown at it, i didn't do the meth expecting a huge gain since the intercooler already does that i did it to prevent any detonation since i was running 14lbs on a stock bottom end.And about 500rwhp on a mustang dyno.

OP, you want more power drop down to a 3.4 pulley. That should get you there,as long as you have the injector.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Yes because your KB was a heat box. If it was on your current cobra its a non-inter cooled kit.The meth contributed a ton in lowering you IAT temps which created the extra 40hp.Think about it that KB is just shoving hot air into your motor. Our prochargers already have an air-air intercooler which does an awesome job at cooling the IAT temps significantly before reaching the motor.My car was dynoed before and after on PP and before and after on meth. Same even with extra timing thrown at it, i didn't do the meth expecting a huge gain since the intercooler already does that i did it to prevent any detonation since i was running 14lbs on a stock bottom end.And about 500rwhp on a mustang dyno.

OP, you want more power drop down to a 3.4 pulley. That should get you there,as long as you have the injector.

you are completely correct about the KB being a heat box- and hopefully you don't think I was taking a shot at you at all- as I was not. just discussing. anyways- wondering what meth you were running? cause I am gonna throw a whole shitload of 100% meth injection at my new combo, especially since I can't get E85 anywhere closer than 80 miles away from my place

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
you are completely correct about the KB being a heat box- and hopefully you don't think I was taking a shot at you at all- as I was not. just discussing. anyways- wondering what meth you were running? cause I am gonna throw a whole shitload of 100% meth injection at my new combo, especially since I can't get E85 anywhere closer than 80 miles away from my place

Nah man not at all, I am running the AIS stage 2 progressive controller kit. Upgraded stainless lines ect. If i had to do it over again i would definitely buy a snow performance kit. Much nicer and allot more options ect. Some even have digital controllers/gauges to tell you how much meth is spraying at each rpm.Should be nice 100% meth i was going to do it but my tuner talked me out of it.So for now 50/50 will do,until some big boost is thrown at it.Cant wait to see your final outcome,your build thread looks like the car is going to be a beast!

The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com

corysmach1

Established Member

I am running the 3.50 inch pulley now.....I want to make as much power on the stock block as safely as possible and yes I know they are on borrowed time after 450rwhp. I would like to make 470-480 rwhp, if I can make 500rwhp then great!! I am also going to delete my imrcs (zip tie them open lol) I think they arent opening all the way or sticking it seemed like my car really flat lined at around 6k? Did your car last making over 500rwhp on the stock block?

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I am running the 3.50 inch pulley now.....I want to make as much power on the stock block as safely as possible and yes I know they are on borrowed time after 450rwhp. I would like to make 470-480 rwhp, if I can make 500rwhp then great!! I am also going to delete my imrcs (zip tie them open lol) I think they arent opening all the way or sticking it seemed like my car really flat lined at around 6k? Did your car last making over 500rwhp on the stock block?

You are already pushing it.So unless you have some $ saved up for a forged bottom end i would not push it anymore for 20 or so more HP.Do the IMRC delete and you will need re tune. If you want to regard everything i am saying then just put a 3.40 pulley(any smaller it will slip) on it and the deletes should get you there.My car was tuned on a Mustang dyno which is calibrated for rear tire load. On a Dyno Jet the car would have been way over 500 to the motor.But then again HP #'s mean nothing to me unless you have time slips to back it up.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
You are already pushing it.So unless you have some $ saved up for a forged bottom end i would not push it anymore for 20 or so more HP.Do the IMRC delete and you will need re tune. If you want to regard everything i am saying then just put a 3.40 pulley(any smaller it will slip) on it and the deletes should get you there.My car was tuned on a Mustang dyno which is calibrated for rear tire load. On a Dyno Jet the car would have been way over 500 to the motor.But then again HP #'s mean nothing to me unless you have time slips to back it up.

You made 500rwhp on a mustang dyno? If so how long untill it blew up or did it blow up?

95PGTTech

Established Member
damn thats a long thread, but a good one! how long did it run on 500rwhp before it blew up? Also what were the power numbers after the build?

before/after numbers were inconclusive as the wrong pistons were installed (8.83:1 versus stock 9.8:1) and as we later found out the builder did not tighten one cam bolt and the cam walked 20 degrees or so. we didn't expect really any changes as no power additions were made with the rebuild.

quite a while if I remember correctly, although not driven day to day. customer realized he was pushing the envelope and was awaiting engine failure. he actually got away very easily, it could have been far more catastrophic.

Users who are viewing this thread