And dealers wonder why?

nickf2005

Established Member
I said MSRP many times,

I think the confusion is that MSRP can be 55K or 68K. Your sig doesn't describe what you have and your avatar is too small to see.

Vert?
TP?
PP?
NAV?
Shaker 1000?
Glass roof?
Recaros?

EDIT: You beat me to it. Sorry.

jbs$

Established Member
So, the Dealer was offering a new car, new model year for about $9,000 difference, if I understand your numbers?

Kapy

Established Member
I think the confusion is that MSRP can be 55K or 68K. Your sig doesn't describe what you have and your avatar is too small to see.

Vert?
TP?
PP?
NAV?
Shaker 1000?
Glass roof?
Recaros?

EDIT: You beat me to it. Sorry.
Guys do you not know what hard add means?

It is completely loaded.

SVT pkg
Track Pack
Electronics pkg
Shaker Pro
Recaro's

Jesus.

DepWraith

Established Member
Hard added everything. $67,090

Ok, so all but glass roof (same here).

That's roughly a $9000 dollar loss between trade in and MSRP; not extremely high nor is it the greatest deal.

Once you add in the tax break ($3500 at 6% here) for trade in, you're only looking at a $5500 difference with tax left only on the remaining price difference.

Would be willing to bet if you were really serious about buying, the dealer would increase the trade value to put you in the new car.

acroholic

Established Member
Your dealer was actually offering you a total value of about $62,000 depending on your sales tax rate since you do not pay tax on any trade in amount. 7% sales tax on 58K is $4060. 6% is $3480

Not saying it is right, but the figure they offered is not surprising. I'd definitely sell privately before trading, however. Of course, assuming one was serious about going from a '13 to a '14.

EDIT:
DepWraith: beat me to it, hehehe

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
Ok, so all but glass roof (same here).

That's roughly a $9000 dollar loss between trade in and MSRP; not extremely high nor is it the greatest deal.

Once you add in the tax break ($3500 at 6% here) for trade in, you're only looking at a $5500 difference with tax left only on the remaining price difference.

Would be willing to bet if you were really serious about buying, the dealer would increase the trade value to put you in the new car.
They would not budge. Trust me.

Again, it is not a big deal. I did not post to cause such question. It was F.Y.I. for all.

I am fine with my 13, love it plenty.

nickf2005

Established Member
Guys do you not know what hard add means?

It is completely loaded.

SVT pkg
Track Pack
Electronics pkg
Shaker Pro
Recaro's

Jesus.

Hey man, I posted after you put the "hard added" part. I edited and apologized. I hope you can understand that before you put up the total, it was impossible to know what your MSRP was. I know you're not serious on the deal, and it's all irrelevant anyways. Enjoy the heck outta that '13 bud. :beer:

Cam

n/a
Established Member
Just posted this as an example of what happens daily and the pure fact of why the majority of the public cannot stand buying a car.

I don't mind a business making profit, that's what they are in business for. But to rake somebody over the coals squeeze every bit of money out of them in the process is a pure example of why so many dealer's continue to lose market share year over year.

True, however some of us enjoy the negotiation. That was your dealer's starting offer? Spend a few hours or days with them and see what they will do. It took me about 6 weeks to finally reach a price on my 13.

Kapy

Established Member
Hey man, I posted after you put the "hard added" part. I edited and apologized. I hope you can understand that before you put up the total, it was impossible to know what your MSRP was. I know you're not serious on the deal, and it's all irrelevant anyways. Enjoy the heck outta that '13 bud. :beer:
No prob, thanks. Appreciate it. :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
However the issue at hand is that I don't think most people would have a problem coughing up a couple grand to get into another year model, not 20k my friend.

If you read my post you will see the offer of 58K. That is roughly 14K less than what I paid.

If I got into another 14, they are going to make at the very minimum at MSRP another 6k.

Add in when they sell my 13 if I traded it they will make another 5-6K on somebody else.

Now tell me since I am so wrong, is it right for the dealer to profit 25K on this type of transaction and call the rest of us cattle stupid for thinking about trading up?

I don't think so. Tell me how your philosophy and accepting the fact of taking it up the rear end is ok in your book? thanks.

I'd like to see what you added to get to $25,000; I have a feeling there are a lot of minus' that you're forgetting to put in to that number.

In my opinion $58,000 is a fair offer, especially for their first offer. I'm sure you could've gotten them to $60,000.

Your first sentence said that you would be happy to cough up $2,000 for a model year newer? Well duh. That's like having a lease on a GT500 for $2,000 a year; anyone would be ignorant not to do that.

Kapy

Established Member
True, however some of us enjoy the negotiation. That was your dealer's starting offer? Spend a few hours or days with them and see what they will do. It took me about 6 weeks to finally reach a price on my 13.

I think I spent enough time with them buying the 13 4 months ago with them, and they happily took 6K of profit from me.

That's my point. I just built a relationship with them just 4 months ago and they were already treating me like a POS.

but thanks.

Kapy

Established Member
I'd like to see what you added to get to $25,000; I have a feeling there are a lot of minus' that you're forgetting to put in to that number.

In my opinion $58,000 is a fair offer, especially for their first offer. I'm sure you could've gotten them to $60,000.

Your first sentence said that you would be happy to cough up $2,000 for a model year newer? Well duh. That's like having a lease on a GT500 for $2,000 a year; anyone would be ignorant not to do that.

13 Cobra,

I appreciate your intelligent advice.

Gee is that because you are a dealer yourself?

Kapy

Established Member

I have had the car for 4 months, not a entire year.

I forgot your a dealer's son right. So I guess you have a PHD.

Or do you know what that is?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think I spent enough time with them buying the 13 4 months ago with them, and they happily took 6K of profit from me.

That's my point. I just built a relationship with them just 4 months ago and they were already treating me like a POS.

but thanks.

$6,000 in profit? Yeah, they probably didn't a pay commissions, the SVT fee, etc.

13 Cobra,

I appreciate your intelligent advice.

Gee is that because you are a dealer yourself?

Please explain to me how any of that was incorrect?

flS/R

Established Member
unless there was a significant change done to the 14 over the 13 or that you were stepping up to a glass roof or convertible, I would wonder as a dealer why you would want to trade it in so soon :shrug: This would be something to think about considering that track pack is installed.

I don't mention this to start any issues, just to bring up another point to consider. I have only traded in a car once before and I actually got more than what I owed on it so I was okay with that. I only traded in so I can get in on a better financing incentive

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have had the car for 4 months, not a entire year.

I forgot your (you're) a dealer's son right. So I guess you have a PHD (PhD).

Or do you know what that is?

:lol: I bet I have a better idea of what a PhD is than you.

I don't care if you had it for a day. It's a USED car; ask anyone. What do you think a fair trade in value for your car would've been? $70,000?

Kapy

Established Member
$6,000 in profit? Yeah, they probably didn't a pay commissions, the SVT fee, etc.

Please explain to me how any of that was incorrect?
Coming out of the horses mouth, you sure don't know what your talking about.

I know a great school in Michigan called Northwood University that you should probably consider going to.

The dealer I bought the car from is a SVT dealer btw.

Users who are viewing this thread